DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Galina's Fate-did she deserve it?

RAND AL THOR

If you mean Liandrin(sp) well... not permanently... the shield could be undone by an expert channeler (with those spirit-razor weaves) or by Moggy herself (since she did it, so she could see it) ... and maybe, just maybe, Liandrin(sp) could break free... if she was willing to try breaking the nods as Rand did .... althou i don't think she knows how...

If you mean Galina.. then no. Galina is not shielded, she is bound not to channel unless given permission by Thevara or Sevanna(sp). Since Sevanna(sp) is prob gone... then it's jsut thevara!

Quote from: Mr Ares on July 08, 2008, 06:21:48 AM

Quote from: RAND AL THOR on July 08, 2008, 06:09:58 AM

To anyone who doesn't remeber: She is presently a damanae. I'm not sure whether she still lives though.

She was da'covale to the now deposed High Lady Suroth. I would say damane-hood is a likely next step, though.

As Miraj stepped down from the dais, he realized with shock that the second da'covale behind Suroth, short and dark-haired and slim in her diaphanous robe, was damane. A damane garbed as property was unheard of, but odder still, it was Alwhin who led her by the a'dam.

Hence she is both da'covale and damanae.

No, that damane was Pura. Liandrin was there also, but not leashed.

Suroth sailed past as if they were as much servants as the lushly bodied da'covale in slippers and a nearly transparent white robe, her honey-yellow hair in a multitude of thin braids, who carried the High Lady's gilded writing desk a meek two paces behind. Suroth's Voice of the Blood, Alwhin, a glowering woman in green robes with the left side of her head shaved and the remainder of her pale brown hair in a severe braid, followed close on her mistress's heels. As Miraj stepped down from the dais, he realized with shock that the second da'covale behind Suroth, short and dark-haired and slim in her diaphanous robe, was damane\ A damane garbed as property was unheard of, but odder still, it was Alwhin who led her by the a 'dam.

There are two da'covale--the first with pale blond hair in braids is Liandrin, the second with dark hair is Pura (Ryma Galfrey).

Liandrin has still not been leashed by KoD, though Suroth thinks to herself that she should soon because of the whispers about the unleashed marath'damane in her household--she thinks that when the sul'dam discover the shield they will understand why Liandrin wasn't immediately leashed.

Quote from: Mr Ares on July 08, 2008, 06:21:48 AM

Quote from: RAND AL THOR on July 08, 2008, 06:09:58 AM

To anyone who doesn't remeber: She is presently a damanae. I'm not sure whether she still lives though.

She was da'covale to the now deposed High Lady Suroth. I would say damane-hood is a likely next step, though.

As Miraj stepped down from the dais, he realized with shock that the second da'covale behind Suroth, short and dark-haired and slim in her diaphanous robe, was damane. A damane garbed as property was unheard of, but odder still, it was Alwhin who led her by the a'dam.

Hence she is both da'covale and damanae.

No, that damane was Pura. Liandrin was there also, but not leashed.

Suroth sailed past as if they were as much servants as the lushly bodied da'covale in slippers and a nearly transparent white robe, her honey-yellow hair in a multitude of thin braids, who carried the High Lady's gilded writing desk a meek two paces behind. Suroth's Voice of the Blood, Alwhin, a glowering woman in green robes with the left side of her head shaved and the remainder of her pale brown hair in a severe braid, followed close on her mistress's heels. As Miraj stepped down from the dais, he realized with shock that the second da'covale behind Suroth, short and dark-haired and slim in her diaphanous robe, was damane\ A damane garbed as property was unheard of, but odder still, it was Alwhin who led her by the a 'dam.

There are two da'covale--the first with pale blond hair in braids is Liandrin, the second with dark hair is Pura (Ryma Galfrey).

Liandrin has still not been leashed by KoD, though Suroth thinks to herself that she should soon because of the whispers about the unleashed marath'damane in her household--she thinks that when the sul'dam discover the shield they will understand why Liandrin wasn't immediately leashed.

And further down the page that quote came from Alwhin calls her Liandrin.

I just read that part today, and for a minute I actually pitied Galina.  I tried to imagine if I were in her shoes and I felt terrified.  But then I slapped myself and reminded myself that she was an evil Black Ajah and deserved every bit of what she got.  Still pretty scary though.

If she remains under Therava's thumb for the rest of her life, then yes, she deserves it. If there's any chance of her rescue then I'd rather she was killed.

That's what darkfriends fear the most, dying when they were promised they'd live forever. That promise is what Ashaman Kisman thinks of while he suffers a short but gruesome death in Far Madding, caused by Padan Fain's tainted blade.

Archived