DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Attn: ALL CotS Members!

Sylvirci

Ok, after having looked at the off-site board I have decided to make a request here.

All active members of the Congress, be you DF, DL or Spawn, post here. I would like to see your:

DM Handle:

Char Name:

Scores, WS/OP:

Rank/Section:

This is for me to be able to fix the Req's that have been finished and update the off-site with all pertinent information. Example:

DM Handle: Sylvirci

Char Name: Dainin Raskowa

Scores: WS 0, OP F=8, E=8, W=4, A=4, S=8, Str:34, Skl:29

Also make sure your Char Req's are accurate in the Fortress and Dark Friend areas please. It will save me time if I don't have to hunt them down.

Thank you!

Sylvirci

Master of Initiates! "The Corruptor"

DM Handle: Jehaine

Char Name: Rebecca Célestin

Scores: WS 1, OP F=5, E=5, W=5, A=6, S=8, Str:29, Skl:35

DM Handle: Jehaine

Char Name: Calaun Ontrix Seyr

Scores: WS 4

the tables at least for the dreads should be updated on all present

the ones for df may need some clean up, the table need to be linked to corect bio's i discovered this resecently, and there may be a few who lack scores this would be marked by a -

the spawn ones should be updated as far as posible, lacking rescent asignment of ws as discused in pm...ie this is coming

otherwise all reqs need to be reported on the apropriate report boards, so you should not and will not hunt them down, if they do not get reported properly we will not raise them, simple as that ;)

DM Handle:Tigara

Char Name: Tigara Kazim

Scores, WS/OP: A-6 F-5 E-7 W-3 S-8 Str- 29(32) Skl- 31

Rank/Section: Dreadlord, DL

DM Handle: Tigara

Char Name: Terra Cyrene

Scores, WS/OP: A-6 F-6 E-4 W-5 S-6 Str-26(28) Skl-32

Rank/Section: Acolyte, DL

oh and syl i notised when i did the df table in that there is quite a lot of them by now, so next time you do it,if you want you can just remove all the NPCs or TPCs that do have a bio but no score (ie leave in the ones who got scores)

if there lack a bio then keep the name in so we dont loose record of its exsistance in case the maker come back and want to turn it into a PC :S

anyhow up to you just figured it would make the list a little more manageble for you to go through when you add people *s*

DM Handle: Quibby

Char Name: Ayrik Drayven

WS: 3

OP: Air-6+1  Earth-7+1  Fire-8  Spirit-8  Water-6+1

Age in Main Timeline: 33

Eh?

Quib, your scores don't add up. Air and Water both take two points each to raise as a male, putting your total bonus points on five, and even without them you're at cost 39 -- one point above the male max. of 38.

Bonus points included, you're at 38 element score, but your cost is through the roof at 44, around Chosen levels.

Now, if you have permission for it then it's all good and well, but please don't forget to add that to your post ^^;

no...not the max strength a male can have is 38, however for any male to get a 38

->

fire 8-8

earth 8-8

spirit 7-7

water 5-5

air 5-5

strength 33-cost 33

strength 34 - cost 35

strength 35 - cost 37

strength 36 - cost 39

strength 37 - cost 41

strength 38 - cost 43

the stength a male can have is 38, the max buying allowance a male player may rescive is as such 43

females can earn up to 3 aditional skill points (as long as they dont go above the max limit)

males can earn up to 3 additional strength* points (as long as they dont go above the max limit)

*read strength, not buying points

Umm... so what about the random generated numbers then, i thought they were supposed to be between 26 and 38 Strength (for men), not 26 and 43? The site seems to imply it's 26-38 by placing the average assigned Strength score on 32, not 34½ o.O

Or am i mixing up score and points here? <.<

Either way, i still think the reasoning looks off... You're saying randomly generated Third Age males can be stronger in the Power than Moghedien and Asmodean (36 and 37 Strength respectively), their only advantage being their larger Skill?

you are, the average strength you can have is 26-38, however to buy the top strength points you need 2 buying points, so you need more buying points then strength points to be able to gain the highest strength allowed

the random generated scores are skill Female scores range from 26-38, Males from 22-34

and buying allowance points (not strength points) Female scores range from 22-36, Males from 26-43

which enforses a strength point distribution where Female scores range from 22-34, Males from 26-38

in sertaint circumstances the scores may be allowed to go lower then the aloted ranges, but the max is firm

my old (now dead) AS is an example of this

Ata Dorje (formerly stilled) [5] / 2 [5] / 2 [5] / 4 [8] / 7 [5] / 3 [28] / 18 (30 / 19) 32+3 [60] / 50+3

[was her original scores]/her scores after the healing

-> as known from the books when you have been stilled and healed, in the modern days at least the healing isnt complete, and you will be weaker then original

*nods* I know, i have one of those characters myself (my sul'dam).

The way i imagined it though was that the Strength advantage for men was equal to the Skill advantage for women.

Compared to women, men can get up to four points more Strength assigned.

Compared to men, women can get up to four points more Skill assigned.

In the end, Potency for both genders averages out at 60, gender bonuses balancing each other out.

That was the way i saw it anyway, and this is literally the first time i'm hearing about the '26-43' rule. I know males are supposed to be stronger, but nine points compared to females (not counting the +3 they can get) would unhinge the balance, wouldn't it?

i just calculated that from the tables, its not a rule, its what we got in the sheets

the strength you rp with are 34 and 38 max, 4 point difference

the buying allowance is just your dollar that you go to the store to buy your bullets with

for a male to buy 38 bullets, he need 43 dollars

for a female to buy 34 bullets, she need 36 dollars

the dollars have no affect on the rp when you spent them on the bullets, only the bullets affect the rp, hence a male being stronger can achive owning max 4 more bullets then the strongest female ;) so there is a 4 point, not 9 point difference

I see, i just believed men got 26-38 dollars to buy bullets with, not enough dollars to buy 26-38 bullets with ^^;

You SURE about that btw? I hate to sound repetitive here, but it just feels so... wrong to me, and i can't shake the feeling that something's being misinterpreted here ^^;

As you should be aware, women are generally speaking weaker than men in the One Power. To account for this, the average (mean) One Power Strength score for women is set at 28. The average Strength score for men is set at 32. The random generation of statistics means that most Strength scores will be centred around the averages for each particular gender, with fewer and fewer people having scores that are further and further away from that average (thus, extremely weak and extremely strong channelers are less common than “average” channelers). Male scores range from 26-38, Females from 22-34

read strength not buying allowance

i hate that old write up, dunno how it can be done better, but somewhere or another in there it manages to confuse people on the difference between strength and buying allowance, you are not asigned strength, you are asigned buying allowance, because males are naturaly stronger then females, they can gain more strength both average and max then females

that means that the strongest channeler in the world is a male, and the most skilled one is a female..nothing unfair in it, its how the books dictate it, a randomly pulled female may still be stronger though then a randomly pulled male, however there is always going to be some males who are stronger then her if you pull enough males out of the pool to compare her too

the basic gist of it is that strength and buying allowance is not the same thing

your strength, is the sum of your elemental strengths, these strengths you get from distributing your buying allowance so

buying allowance -> elemental strength -> overall strength

the 3 are 3 different things and can look following

high -> generaly low -> high

high -> average -> average

high -> generaly high -> low

low -> generaly low -> average

low -> generaly average -> low

basicaly what determinds your strength overall is how you spend the buying allowance, the more elements you are strong in, the weaker you are in summed up strength, the more elements that you are weak to average in, the more average to strong you are in summed up strength

your overall strength = random factor + your descision

your elemental strength = -"-

your buying allowance = random factor only

so actualy i think i found the piece thats confusing

Upon approval of your character biography, you will be randomly assigned your Strength score.

and

Once you have your Strength score, you are free to assign your character their Five Power breakdown. Your score must be split five ways, and depending on the score you want you have to spend a different number of Strength points.

should be buying points where it says strength score -> raeyn i am going to edit this now in SG if you see this can you put a note in your book that when we do make some sort of info site, we corect this there as well :?

Yeah, i understood the way the system worked when you explained it, it's just that the site tends to be a tad confusing by using Strength score for buying allowance and Strength points for element values.

On a sidenote, think there should be a couple of high-Skill weaves added to DM?

As with Strength, your Skill score is assigned to you when your biography is approved. Female scores range from 26-38...

However, when looking at the OP list, the highest Skill requirement for a weave is 35 (Distant Eye). This makes the +3 bonus to Skill pale in comparison to the male Strength bonus, since there isn't really a use for it past 35 Skill save for a couple of bonus points through Linking (2 or 3 at most, given that male Strength bumps up the average). At that point, you can even weave inverted Balefire if you have the Strength for it.

Given that this means that all assigned Skill scores past 32 (32+3=35) are effectively wasted (unless you want to do something ridiculous and weave inverted Breaking, or inverted Chain Lightning), some difficult new weaves would be nice for the 'top Skill tier' AS to use.

its not only weaves avaliable, the strength say something about how strongly you can do a weave

say you have a weave called warhammer

it demands 10 skill and 10 strength

female with 15 skill and 11 strength can make the weave, she can make it very well but not very strong

male with skill 11 and strength 15 can make the weave, he cant make it very well, but he can make it quite strong

so basicaly she could so to speak make it bigger, but softer, while he could make it smaller but harder

so the two compliment eachother that way too...and such skill and strength is important even for the weaves on the botom of the list ;)