DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

IGN gives GTA IV 10/10

Haxorsist

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/869/869381p1.html

I didn't have time to read the whole review because it was 7 pages long, but I jumped to the last page and saw that the game scored 10 in all categories. I don't know if any game has done that before. God, I'm so looking forward to this game. I'm gonna have to wait 'till early June though. I can't risk getting hooked on GTA when exams are coming up.

Bioshock and Gears I think both scored that high.  I am trying not to get excited about this game but I admit I am looking forward to playing it.  I have to go sit in company seats for the Phillies game tomorrow night though....

• Community Administrator

On a Monday most things are gonna be last week.

True, but the review did come out April 25th, while only 3 days old is still ooollld news man! ;)

Btw, I lke how you completely left out the part where he said the ps3 version was slightly better. :P

(Page 5)

Yes, Sin, I love how you left out the part where Hax said in his first post that he skipped to page 7 (not 5) to read the final review scores.

Well duh!

Obviously hax was lieing, cause he always lies, he IS a haxor afterall, I mean, you really think haxor's tells the truth!?

He obviously read the article in full, posted it, and siad he 'skipped' to page 7, just so he could 'appear innocent' when the 'ps3 version = better' comes out in the open. Thusly not bringing xbox haters down on him! :P

Ok I admit I have never been the biggest fan of GTA in the past.  I started playing this game last night with low expectations.  I am about 2 hours into it and so far a little bored. 

Dislikes:

The tutorials are annoying and chop up the story.  And there is no way to fast forward thru them. 

Loading seems to be one of the games most popular cut scenes.

I am unsure how to gain money but think this will be explained in one of those long drawn tutorials soon.

I can't tell you how often I have ripped up my cousin's taxi.  The taxi fairies must hang out for me to do a mission in order to repair it.

I dropped Roman off at his car shop and waiting a few minutes cause I was unsure what to do next.  A minute later I get a call from Roman and he is like a mile away needing my help. 

Michelle is annoying but I am putting up with her until I find another broad. 

Driving - people are complaining about it but I find it realistic.  Sure I have killed about 15 people without trying.  The first I accidentally knocked the guy off the bridge and tumbled after him.  If the fall didn't kill him, the car landing on him did.  I liked the blood stains on the front of the car as well.

Umm thats it so far.  I haven't done much but drive people around. 

It will be interesting to see if I become totally engulfed in the game or just get bored of it first.  My friend msged me last night and commented on how much he loved the story mode.  I don't get it.... yet. 

Don't worry, getting bored with GTA games is bound to happen. I bought GTA: San Andreas recently, I played about 10 or so hours of the game, and just got bored of it. I mean, when you just killed 30 people, with out even trying, and by not trying, I mean, they run into your parked car and die, the game just loses its 'fun' factor.

It would be interesting if they used GTA IV in the DMV for a driving test. >_>

I will say one thing about this game, it is funny when people are yelling at you when you drive by at fast speeds honking your horn.

I also enjoy driving into central park and doing donuts in the grass while the cops franticly search for me.

Empy, to earn money, you can do missions or just go mug people on the streets and hopefully they drop something.

While I do enjoy randomly driving around doing drive by shootings, this game gets boring and repetitive.  Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but eh, nothing big.

I will say one thing about this game, it is funny when people are yelling at you when you drive by at fast speeds honking your horn.

I also enjoy driving into central park and doing donuts in the grass while the cops franticly search for me.

Empy, to earn money, you can do missions or just go mug people on the streets and hopefully they drop something.

While I do enjoy randomly driving around doing drive by shootings, this game gets boring and repetitive.  Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but eh, nothing big.

I guess all you can do is try to beat the single player 'story', and multiplayer. ;)

I don't have any weapons yet.  I tried beating up random people but they keep kicking my ass.... and I get no money. 

Anyway, I got the game for free (trading in Army of Two, R61 and Mass Effect) but then I threw in the new PS3 controller that rumbles which costs much more than I thought.  It will be useful down the road when I actually play a game with it and am not using it as blu ray remote.

I just got the pistol last night.  And a shotgun.  They finally told me how to scroll through my weapons so I also found my knife I could have been using instead of getting my ass kicked by pedestrians.  I also got some "hot coffee" from Michelle after the second date.  Tonight I plan to find more guns and find that strip bar. 

I just got the pistol last night.  And a shotgun.  They finally told me how to scroll through my weapons so I also found my knife I could have been using instead of getting my ass kicked by pedestrians.  I also got some "hot coffee" from Michelle after the second date.  Tonight I plan to find more guns and find that strip bar. 

If you were following all of romans directions, he should have invited you to the strip club already. ;)

Just call roman up, and invite him to the strip club, and it'll be marked on your map.

Also, you SHOULD have a map with your game. ;)

+

that link I gave earlier.

Wow the strip bar was silly.  No handy.... what??  I meant... you know... I expect more from a GTA game. 

What is the highest star rating you have escaped from so far?

I had back to back 3 stars and had no trouble escaping.  I am shooting for a 4 star tonight maybe.

Which star has the helicopters? Cause, I escaped from one of those... I don't know how, but I did.

Btw, switching vehichles with out a cop seeing you do it, makes escaping alot easier.

With a helicopter though, doing it becomes nigh impossible..

You either have to take alot of alleys (death traps) or shoot the helictoper down (waste time/death trap.) ;)

I am pretty sure 3 stars brings a lazy heli.  I have had no trouble outrunning it in the past though.  I haven't been able to get up to 4 stars but I try damn it.  I ran over coppers, killing maybe 4 while escaping and still a 3 level.  I think I am not far along in the game to warrant more yet.

Archived