DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Searching for a movie - help!

Nynaeve

So i've seen this movie. And it's not really that good of a movie. But I can't seem to recall the name of it nor find it in movie database and it's driving me nutz! So i've made it my mission to find out the title. I know the synopsis so maybe one of you has seen it and can help me out... and it has no known actors either, otherwise I woudln't be bothering you ;)

It's one of those silly movies about a blonde girl going to an art academy. And let me stop you right now. No, it's not the movie with Hilary Duff  :P

She's a southern girl. Her mom pays for the fee with everything she gots and so she gets kicked out of their home. So, she lives with her daughter in her dorm. Now, the girl goes to the academy thinking she'd learn how to sing better. To her astonishment she's expected to sing Opera in Italian... or French... can't recall. Either way, she doesn't know the lanugage...so she has to work extra hard to meet her goal. In her final song in a show she takes the song of La Boheme and writes different words for the song (english obviously).

Also, the movie seems to feature one of Britney Spear's songs... "Stronger than yesterday."

If anyone know the title, I will love you forever  :P

Thanks ;)

Nyn

i have no clue as to what movie it was but it was on halmark movie channle the other night (no i dont watch chick flicks like that but my wife dose and i get dragged along)  might check thier website and see if they have a list of recently played movies.

• Community Administrator

Do you know if the song was creditted as a britanny spears song? AKA was it word for word? Or does is it like alot of songs these days, a song from the past re-sung by someone else?

If it is, to aid your search you just need to find every movie that song was in...

• Community Administrator

Empy, you have IMDB pro, can't you search movies by sound track?

I scowered that site last night, even so much as looking at britany spears page on it (the commenters are Insane! Just as insane as...)

I couldn't find anything that resembled a movie with that song in it...

Well the title of the song is Stronger.  I have learned that.  I searched through the soundtrack listings that Brittany has been on and none have Stronger listed.  I have done multiple google searches.  It helps to know it was a recent movie.

Give me more of the plot.  It is a chick flick?  Was there romance?  Where did this southern girl go to learn the opera (school name, country, state)?  I just need more to search on and get lucky.  I have been working on this for hours and love a challenge.

none that come to mind. She was from Texas or Tenessi..... blah..... I hate this. she had a really strong southern accent. And yes, it's a movie flick, kinda. And about singing. And there was romance between her and a guy that goes there but it wasn't really the focus of the movie.

Nyn

Empy, if you really do like to search for this stuff, I've got a movie/video from my childhood that I've always remembered liking but very little else about what it actually was. I wouldn't mind finding it and watching it again to see what the deal was.

It was animated, rented from my neighborhood children's library. Came out no later than 1992, probably closer to 1988 or earlier. I remember the main character as a girl/young woman with an unhappy family/step family. There was something about a frog, a well (that led to a different world??), and a necklace. It may be a fairy tale or a bunch of fairy tales smooshed into one story, I'm not sure. It's definitely along those lines.  So yeah, if you're bored, go for it.  ;D

Archived