DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Casting for the WOT series Movie

42Bonzo88

Seth McFarlane and Alex Borstein should do most of the voices!

Rand(Stewie)

stewie.gif

Fools, I'm the bloody Dragon Reborn and such!

Mat(Brian)

briangriffin.jpg

Perrin (Chris)

chrisgriffin.jpg

Egwene (Drew Berrymore)

whistle-while-your-wife-works-20061113114143541.jpg

Nynaeve (Meg)

meggriffin.jpg

Asmodean (James Woods)

james_woods.jpg

Moiraine (Lois)

loisgriffin.jpg

Lan (Peter)

kerim.jpg

Logaine (Adam West)

mayor_adam_west.jpg

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Dreadlord

As little as I like his acting ability, Orlando Bloom's portrayal of Bailian in that film points to him as a dead ringer for the onscreen "Mat Cauthon"

UNQUOTE

If Orlando Bloom even looked at a Wheel of Time book I would punch him until I wore my hand down to a stump. I wont put what I'd do if he appeared in a film.

I laughed my head off at the Family Guy=WoT post. Lan as Adam West! I can just imagine Lan sat at a desk and notices his name on it.

"Lan Mandragoran? Im not Lan Mandragoran! Who the hell is he? I hate these guys, I'll show 'em whos boss. They'll learn who Lan Mandragoran is!"

Yes! Adam is Lan!!!!

Lan: "Stand back you bloody Trollocs!! I will slay you this day!!!"

Moiraine: "Uh, Lan, those are sacks of grain."

Lan: "Masters of Disguise, these Darkfriends, but they will not fool Lan Assdragon"

Moiraine: "Mandragon." 

Lan: "Indeed! Die you shadow spawn!!!"  *Charges and begins hacking at the sacks of grain, while Moiraine shakes her head.*

Perrin: Ohhh, I'm hearing voices IN MY HEAD!!!

Egwene: What did you say, you fat tub of lard?

Perrin: It's that evil monkey again, it's speaking to me!!

Egwene: Will you shut up, lardass?!?!  How many times do I have to tell you, there is no bloody stupid evil monkey talking to you!  Sheeeesh!

Rand: (to mat) Well, it certainly seems to be that time of the Wheel for someone.....

Mat: I'll be in the barn....

Rand: Doing what?

Mat: What do you think?!?!?!

200px-Briang.jpg

As little as I like his acting ability, Orlando Bloom's portrayal of Bailian in that film points to him as a dead ringer for the onscreen "Mat Cauthon"

UNQUOTE

If Orlando Bloom even looked at a Wheel of Time book I would punch him until I wore my hand down to a stump. I wont put what I'd do if he appeared in a film.

I laughed my head off at the Family Guy=WoT post. Lan as Adam West! I can just imagine Lan sat at a desk and notices his name on it.

"Lan Mandragoran? Im not Lan Mandragoran! Who the hell is he? I hate these guys, I'll show 'em whos boss. They'll learn who Lan Mandragoran is!"

You got a little too much angst going on with Orlando Bloom.  Something you wish to share with the group?  Talking about it might help.

Well, it might not be the right place to bring it on. But while trying to come up with my own WOT cast, I eneded up doing some internet serfing on some actress. My top list was, Kate backinsale, Milla, Sienna Guilory...etc.

I found one thing in common in them, that they were all European. Two british and one from Ukrain...also all of them has married a director???It seems like a common practice among the famous actress or who is on the verge of becoming famous. For Moirain I was trying to select Katherin Zeta jones, and while reading her biography, I find that she is a British too.She married a director too.

My question is " Are the most beutifull women in the world always come from Britain? Why is that British women so beautifull. They rock the world from time to time.

Take Kate bakinsale for example, Zeta jones, and Sienna guilary???

I want to know why? I should better ask the question of why british woman is more beautifull to the creator and why most of the actress marry a director to their fans.

Oh , one more thing, its nothing against  women of other country....But it baffles my mind. It is not fair. Why British and the director get to have all the elegants?

Ah, well, it isn't up to some one as ordinary as me to even wonder.

But I would like to know if anyone else has wondered the same.

Catherine Zeta Jones is actually a valleygirl - welsh, she shot to fame in 'The Darling Buds of May' in the 1990s and yes, she's absolutely stunning. Kate Beckinsale is the daughter of an actor named Richard Beckinsale who starred in a TV comedy called Porridge, with Ronnie Barker (very famous in britain) and yes again, she is also beautiful.

As a brit myself, I think it has something to do with skintone - the two you have picked are natural brunettes and have natural peachy-pale skin (Regardless of the tanned tones seen recently on Catherine Zeta Jones) which makes a very appealing view. Many international female stars unfortunately see the need to be permanently bronzed, tweaked and cosmetically altered - many brits do not see this need (although a fair number of superficial brits also do, unfortunately).

Kate Winslet is another, I think she would make a good Tenobia, or even Egwene.

Ah trakand_01 , nice to meet you.Thanx for your answer.But are they considered beautiful, because of their skin tone or facial structure? As for me I find them attractive due to their facial structure and a suitable figure.Not for skin tone.

Which raise a question....of what is beauty? Why do we find some people attractive and some people not?

I am not trying to raise a philosophical topic here....but it nag me. Also, why does it hurt so much when you love some one and they don't? What is jelousy? I mean sexual jelousy. Why we feel anger if we see some one touching or talking with some one we love?

Also, I have noticed, that most often then not, particularly attractive woman had a very bad taste in man. Why?

There is a popular english (language) saying that 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' and it has scientifically been linked to many different things - a good figure, the way a person looks at you (it has recently been proven that someone who looks directly into your eyes whilst talking, appears more attractive than one who doesnt), and even things such as your parents - quite often women find men attractive who bear an uncanny resemblance to their fathers (usually in very secure family units).

Jealousy is a natural thing - it is what we feel when someone else has something that we want. It has been theorised that it was likely something which evolved as a survival mechanism - another member of the clan was 'partnered' with a particular woman. You wanted to partner that woman (actually a natural urge to pass on your genes - to father children) and you had certain feelings towards the man who had her already. Developed into Jealousy / Envy and nowadays we can control it but back in the days of clans and cavemen, it was instincts which prevailed, not common sense and sensibility.

What everyone finds attractive is very, very different and wonderful - if we all found 'conventionally attractive' people attractive, the majority of the population of this world would be very, very lonely. Myself included.

You only have to look at Perrin and Faile...

*lol*. Yeah, I guess you are right.But you haven't answered my question. I was asking about "What is the condition behind being conventionally attractive?" Is it the facial structure or the skin tone? Why these women I listed is considered attractive and in time to time was reffered to as the most eligible person thingy? Why?

;D ;D ;D ;D

Now I am boring you.I think.

Not at all, I'm just not sure i know the answer.

'Conventionally attractive'. Hmmm... lets see, in the last century I guess the 'figureheads' of conventionally attractive females would be Marilyn, Audrey Hepburn, people like Bridget Bardot, and more recently people like Julia Roberts (although I personally disagree) and Angelina Jolie, Britney Spears before the drugs.

I guess it's to be classified as such, you should have a look where no feature is too prominent or bold (as Faile's nose is), where your body and face are in proportion and well-sized, to have good hair...

I don't know, really. There is a science behind attractiveness and people have intended to recreate the 'perfect' face but it seems virtually impossible.

I have always thought that a british comedienne named Dawn French is one of the prettiest (and i say prettiest, not sexiest) women I've ever come across. Take a look at here on the link, but i'm pretty sure you'll be surprised - either you'll agree or very very much not agree.

http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=dawn+french&ndsp=21&um=1&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

;D

Now I know you are having fun with me. Nothing against her, but I don't agree.

I asked the question, because I find myself agreeing with the widely accepted "conventionally beautiful" person list. My question is why. It isn't not like I don't agree with majority, it is that I agree with them. You might remember that Zeta zones was regarded as the most beautifull woman in the world some years back. Some kind of list where Kate was in second place. And a I totaly agredd with the list.

Anyway, thanx for your time and patient. But it was clearly a philosophical question. Which means there is seldom an answer, if ever.

beholdermplj6.jpg

...But joking aside, there's really too many factors involved in making something 'perfect', the most important ones being of course modesty and restraint in setting up the prerequisites.

Besides, perfection is overrated. Imperfection makes people attractive, because it makes them look more human, and thus closer to the person looking at them.

"That which is not slightly distorted lacks sensible appeal: From which it follows that irregularity -- that is to say, the unexpected, surprise and astonishment, are an essential part and characteristic of beauty." ~ Charles Baudelaire

In all, i find that quote to pretty much sum it all up. I'd have put it in my sig if i had had the room for it after all the profile linking in there ^^;

i firmly believe that people find these women attractive because we are told that they are by the media

people (and women in particular) try to emulate these "beauties" and so this becomes the normal standard for beauty for example

how any one can find the half starved super models attractive ill never know give me curves any day,

the same can be said for men we all want to look like hercules(to some degree anyway).

but is that truly sexy (when taken to the extreme) - ladies?

To be honest, i don't find models that attractive. They all seem like vanity bombs to me, and even though i'm not much of a spotlight hog myself the difference in personalities is a tad too extreme for my tastes.

Though it should be mentioned a person i know (used to) do some part time modeling. She's cool, but the both of us know we'd never even have glanced at each other if we'd have met irl, more or less proving my point ^^;

Thanx Jehaine and Predic. Predic, yeah, I want to look like herculis too.  ;D  ;D

For trakand_01, one more addition to my post. That is I don't find Angelina, Julia and Britny attractive. Somehow you come up with the three of the woman who is considered conventionaly attractive, but I don't find them so.

One of them Angelina was told by media that she is the world champion in beauty in an international contest. But I don't find her attractive. Why?

Oh, all three are pretty, I give you that....but neither of them has any appeal for me.Nothing against Britny fan, but I personaly dislike her. I like Dido though.

Jehaine, according to you, all these conventionaly beautifull womean has some kind of flaw? I don't see it. Not to common people like me. May be an artist sees beauty in a different way.

So that means, for commoner or peasant what-ever you call us... the definition beauty is different than the intelectual types.

Oh, one more while trying  to select Naomi watts for Melain, I found out that she was born in England too. Blood and bloody ashesh.

Thanx Jehaine and Predic. Predic, yeah, I want to look like herculis too.  ;D  ;D

For trakand_01, one more addition to my post. That is I don't find Angelina, Julia and Britny attractive. Somehow you come up with the three of the woman who is considered conventionaly attractive, but I don't find them so.

One of them Angelina was told by media that she is the world champion in beauty in an international contest. But I don't find her attractive. Why?

Oh, all three are pretty, I give you that....but neither of them has any appeal for me.Nothing against Britny fan, but I personaly dislike her. I like Dido though.

Jehaine, according to you, all these conventionaly beautifull womean has some kind of flaw? I don't see it. Not to common people like me. May be an artist sees beauty in a different way.

So that means, for commoner or peasant what-ever you call us... the definition beauty is different than the intelectual types.

Oh, one more while trying  to select Naomi watts for Melain, I found out that she was born in England too. Blood and bloody ashesh.

Actually, no, you're mixing it up. The conventionally beautiful women, the ones the media put forward as being the 'female ideal', so to speak, are all selected based on having as few flaws as possible. What i claim is actual beauty would be a small imperfection or two that people can relate with.

In that light, you've pretty much answered your question in your own post when you stated you don't find Angelina, pre-druggie Britney and Julia appealing, even though you find them pretty.

So no, you aren't that far apart from 'us intellectual types' as you think... Just as far apart from the media ideal of beauty (think the old: breast of X, hips of Y, mouth of Z discussions) as the rest of us are ;)

You're still 'one of us', don't worry ^_^

That doesn't alter the fact that I need to see a psychologist....soon.

;D ;D ;D ;D

I have been rejected by two different woman at two different time period. The problem was that both of them were considered as conevntionaly beautifull in their respective areas. And it did hurt a lot and it still does. So I am trying to change my taste.

One of them married a wealthy man who is 20 years older than she. At that time she was 21.

Other one decided to go on a whim and run awya with a local thug.

As I  am not handsome, it isn't good for me to moon over the conventionally beautifull women. So I am trying change my taste.

Cause I don't want to spend the rest of my life alone and I hate emotional pain more than anything in the world.I can't bring myself to like other women. Recently I have moved into a new area and there is one who is famous for being conventionaly beautifull.I am trying not to go anywhere near her. Don't want to make a fool of myself.Or worst, don't want to get involved and eventually get hurt and endure excruciating emotional pain. Feels like my heart will bust, mind explode.

So you see, I need a change in taste.There is something horribly wrong with me.

PEACE....PRAY PEACE.

I think Lois Griffin is sexy.  Is there something wrong with me?

Yes

I have 2 comments.

1)Who is Lois Griffin

2)There is something wrong with everyone, so the answer had to be yes.

I have been rejected by two different woman at two different time period. The problem was that both of them were considered as conevntionaly beautifull in their respective areas. And it did hurt a lot and it still does. So I am trying to change my taste.

One of them married a wealthy man who is 20 years older than she. At that time she was 21.

Other one decided to go on a whim and run awya with a local thug.

I genuinely don't think you need to change the type of women you are attracted to at all, I think that perhaps you were unlucky with the personalities (not the visuals) of the women you fell for;

One wanted cash

One wanted a bit of rough and excitement

No offence to them (and I certainly hope you don't take offence either - it isnt intended), but they way they behaved has nothing to do with the way they looked on the outside - not all attractive women are out for cash and not all ugly women (or at least non-conventionally attractive) are the most wonderful partners. Personally, I think that the way they behaved says more (in a negative way) about them than it does about you.

Please don't think that it is you in the wrong, and actively try to change your tastes - the experiences you have had in the past have nothing to do with the visuals of the women you find attractive, I think unfortunately you have just found a couple of bad apples in your time and quite frankly - good riddance; one would have drained every penny you earned, the other would have tired you out.

On a similar vein, if anyone is interested in meeting a self-centred, possessive, untrustworthy and controlling man with a dry sense of humour, i know several.

;D

trakand_01, thanx a lot for your time and advice. It means a lot. As for not changing my taste, if I don't I am in for a lot of trouble.

1. I am not an attractive man. Just plain looking.(not one you would consider ugly).

2. I belong to a lower middle class family. (so no money, just big dreams).

3. I have been rejected by these two woman because I asked. There was time when I found some other coneventionaly beautifull attarctive women, who was or is out of my rich. So I didn't or couldn't ask them.

Being conventionally beautifull means, you are usually on the high ground, you become something like a star.Unfortunately, I have a bad habit of falling in with these kind of conventionally beautifull women, even if I don't interact with them.

HOW?

Well, when I read an book, I try to give the character a look, which I usually draw from surrounding. Say, there is an women who is very beautifull in my area, so I imagin her as one of the main female character, despite the difference. So after some time, if I manage to fall in love with that character, it means I have fallen in love with the face I gave to that character. Which is more often than not some one I can't reach.

So the pain and suffering follows. And u may have or may not have any idea how deeply it hurts. Everything else but her seems pointless.

At least that two woman I told you about was some one I could reach,within my social and economical position.And have some interaction with, like talking and hanging around.But some time I manage to fall in with some one who belong to a very high society, out of reach.

Now I am babbling, sorry for the long post. It seems I have to stop imagining real life character while reading fiction.

My advice is, please don't imagin any real life character while reading fiction as one of your favourite character. Say if you like Elayne or Min or Aviendha, don't give them any face.That face will come to hunt you.Or may be not, it could be that I am the only one who has such mental limitation and vulnearability.

So, if I can stop finding conventionally beautifull character as attractive, then I will stop imagining them as Aviendha or Kahlan....and boom....the problem solved.Very few people can reach conventionally beautifull women....very very few. So it isn't a good thing to find them attractive.

So reverse psychology, find them ugly ;D ;D ;D .

...Actually, i know what you're getting at there. When i create a character, i make a rough draft of what it is i'm looking for. Then i go 'pic hunting' until i find one that fits the concept i had in my head.

Then, while keeping said picture open in another tab, i analyse it to help form a personality. Does she look down, proud, upbeat, happy, sad... That sort of thing. The appearance and clothing is generally what she looks like and is wearing in the pic.

Lastly, on to History, using everything i've written up by then. The concept idea i had is held against what i have of her personality, and it's not uncommon to have me change the History i intended completely in favor of what came rolling out of her personality, explaining how she became the way she is now.

A good sign that i'm on the right track is when i can really see the character come alive in my head, and personality and history (as well as the other sections) fit together seamlessly like pieces from a puzzle.

When posting, i bring up her mindset, personality and history again, and keeping that in mind while typing. In a way, it's like the character takes over for me while i lean back and look at what's being typed.

However, this also means my characters start to grow on me. One of the ones i've had for a long time now (past five years) has really grown as a character, and still manages to surprise me at times on what she'd do in a situation. I'd have one idea, she'd do something else and in hindsight, 'her' option fit her personality better. In a way, i could say that they're my ta'veren ;D.

But yeah... she's grown on me so much i started to see her as a daughter of mine. She also fell in love a few months ago (shocker to me) and much to the surprise of the person playing her love interest now, the feeling was mutual. When i get into her mindset, i can almost feel the love, which is kind of weird. In a good way, mind you.

Anyway, starting to drift off topic, but yeah... I guess anamul feels the same about his characters, just in a different way. This is not a problem, mind you, as long as you are still able to switch back to being you, and keep a separate portion of your brain for your characters to live in so they can jump in when you need them ^_^

Archived