DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Casting for the WOT series Movie

42Bonzo88

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like Rachel Leigh Cook for Min.  She fits!  There was a time where I would have gone with Dunst, but I think Mary Jane Watson would ruin the film.  Hayden Paniterereirere  from Heroes would be a good choice for Elayne.  Not sure about Blunt for Nyn either. 

Alici Watts I had not considered until now for Avi!!  Great call!  I see her giving Rand a cold stare!

Rossum would make a great Egwene, I also think.....now bear with me, but Rachel Bilson from the OC would do a good Egwene.  Of course, Rossum is probably the wiser choice in that she was great in Phantom. 

Now, here is my Wiermon.....your thoughts?

mitch_pileg88341355_150x200.jpg

Mitch Pileggi (Skinner from X-files)

He's been in a ton of other stuff, mostly Sci-Fi... I always thought of Wiermon as a guy who thought much more of himself than he really was. And I think he was bald, wasn't he? 

Hmmm...ya know I like Nighy for Gareth bloody Bryne.  I always had a more broader man, with a thick moustache but Nighy really fits the bill. heh heh, literally. 

I had Brian Cox (X-Men, Bourne Supremacy) more in mind for Gareth.....but I really like Nighy for him. That is one of the few roles that I think requires a powerful and perhaps recognizable actor.  Let's face it, he's to eventually be Siuan Sanche's love. 

image012.jpg

Brian Cox

Here is who I like for Siuan.

Connie Nielsen

Moiraine.....what about Alyssa Milano?  She's 5'2", dark hair and big dark eyes.  Despite some of her earlier films, she is actually a pretty good actress. Mo is also another character that should be played by a recognizable actress.

Another thought is Juilianne Moore.  A much better actress than Milano, diminutive, and very Moiraine like.  THe Red hair and blue eyes might be a problem, but that never stopped Jessica Alba from playing Sue Storm, did it?

THoughts?  I know there are a lot of you out there that are grumbling "been there, done that" but please forgive me, I only started reading the series last year.  This is still all sorta new to me. 

I just always thought that Emily Blunt would work as Nynaeve. I mean did you see her in The Devil Wears Prada? She can really pull off a glare/icy look. I also saw her in The Jane Austen Book Club and she can pull off the kid of chemistry Lan and Nynaeve would have.

Speaking of movies...

Main thought: Tarmon Gai'don. EXACTLY like that o.O

(just replace the Dark Elves with Forsaken, and the blonde Elf with Elayne, along with some general name-changing. Should be fairly easy to spot Rand and Demandred in there though XD)

Pretty sweet!  You know, I watched Beowulf again the other night and I still believe that perhaps the best way to present WoT is in Computer Animation format. Get some good celebrity voices, and hire some professional voice over artists.  Hell, you could get the two who do the audio books.

It wouldn't be that expensive and it would allow a lot more to be done. 

I'd have to agree. With the amount of channeling to be done left and right, computer animated would be better to fit the pieces together. Though special effects go a long way, i'm half expecting to see a sitting wolf with its tongue out looking into a camera while hearing a disembodied voice whenever Perrin is talking to wolves as well, which... wouldn't be a good thing.

Though i'd need to mention that there are only a few good animation studios i'd trust with making special effects on this scale. The chance of messing up is too great otherwise (here's looking at you, Dungeons & Dragons movie).

...i'm half expecting to see a sitting wolf with its tongue out looking into a camera while hearing a disembodied voice whenever Perrin is talking to wolves as well, which... wouldn't be a good thing.

LOL - nice image of quality there.  How about Machin Shin is really some guy with a black sheet over his head running around going "wooOOooOooOOo"  Or we could use puppets, all Dark Crystal-like!!

Robert Zemeciks did a fantastic job with Beowulf and although it was animated, there was a great degree of physical action that had to be done (green screen) to make the film work.  To me, that's the closes anyone has come to life-like digital actors, especially considering that Ray Winestone looks nothing like Beowulf yet played him perfectly. 

So, here's a different sort of question.....who would you get to play/voice the characters if it was done like Beowulf?

I would rather see it made with handpuppets than some bloody cartoon.

Of course, if they made it like beowulf, or even worse, anime, I would not have to worry about being disappointed, since I would never watch such a thing.

Just because he I love his "Vash the Stampede" work, I'd like Johnny Yong Bosch to voice Mat. He (as per my example) is great at voicing for things like being sly,and serious from one sentence to the next with a lot in between. Besides he generally seems to play the hero that is not trying to be a hero.

I agree Loseria!  I just checked out his resume on IMDB, very impressive voice acting.  You know, the voice actors from the last couple of Final Fantasy series had some strong voice actors in them.  Xenosaga as well.

Tara Strong and Gwendolyn Yeo would provide some great voices, Michael Gough as well.  (Never heard of them? Check em out on IMDB!)

Actually, one of the best voice actors of all time is Mark Hammil....yep,THAT Mark Hammil.  He won an Emmy for his voice of the Joker in the Animated Batman Series.  He's make a great male Chosen. 

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of movies...

Main thought: Tarmon Gai'don. EXACTLY like that o.O

(just replace the Dark Elves with Forsaken, and the blonde Elf with Elayne, along with some general name-changing. Should be fairly easy to spot Rand and Demandred in there though XD)

In Other News, an anime i haven't seen in like forever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A21lbUD4oXo

Japanese audio, spanish subs, but it more or less fits the image i had of a Dreadlady and her Warder taking a fortress with a Fade and Trollocs.

Record of Lodoss War is pretty awesome as an OVA ^_^

Archived