DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Last book coming up and lot of ends to tie up!

Tharengore

A lot of course will depend on the reception AMOL gets. If people like it and buy enough books then the economic viability any further books would be enhanced.  Brandon's position is a bit tricky, he obviously appreciates that writing AMOL will broaden his readership, but at the same time he does not want to become knoen just as Joron's ghost writer.  As BS said lets wait and see how everyone feels about AMOL before deciding on whether or not there should be any further novels based on the WOT universe.

Well wheather or not the other books come out lets just hope for a good ending. I know I was one of the many who was kinda disapointed at the ending of the Harry Potter series. While it was a good final book, that epilogue was kinda lame and left to much unanswered. I hope AMOL will be ALOT better.

[glow=green,1,500]Darth_Andrea[/glow]

I totally agree with you, Darth_Andrea.  Many people want the endings to be "realistic", but I can just read the newspapers for that.  I would love to have a happy ending, with as many loose ends tied up as possible. Hey, it's fantasy! lol

I'd like to see the other two prequels finished, even if it's after AMoL.  I think it's what RJ would have wanted. If I'm not mistaken, he had intended to finish those two before finishing the series but the backlash made him reconsider.  I'll admit I also was a little cheesed when NS was published rather than then next wheel book.  If Brandon can manage to placate the millions of rabid fans, he should certainly be given the right of first refusal on the prequels.  I'm sure he has a lot of his own projects that need attention as well.  I doubt though, that there has ever been a professional writer who cursed being too busy. 

As for the outrigger novels - Not a good idea.  This series has brought the genre a little closer to mainstream and I think it's inevitable that, like many popular series, other writers capitalize on it's success, popularity and the wealth of new storylines. 

Look at Saberhagen's "The Complete Book of Swords"  It was in three initial books that were OK but the story was pretty much done at the end.  Then all the "Lost Swords" books came out and even though Saberhagen wrote them, I couldn't make myself try them out.  There were too many new characters and it felt like the original works were subverted.

I'm just glad I'll be able to finish reading this thing before I turn 40!  I started reading the year I turned 21 and if they manage the Fall 2009 deadline, I'll make it by a couple of months.

Look at Saberhagen's "The Complete Book of Swords"  It was in three initial books that were OK but the story was pretty much done at the end.  Then all the "Lost Swords" books came out and even though Saberhagen wrote them, I couldn't make myself try them out.  There were too many new characters and it felt like the original works were subverted.

I'm just glad I'll be able to finish reading this thing before I turn 40!  I started reading the year I turned 21 and if they manage the Fall 2009 deadline, I'll make it by a couple of months.

I agree about the "Lost Swords" books. I managed to read the first 2, but I disliked them so much I couldn't make myself read anymore.

As for Finishing before 40, your luckier than I am, I'll turn 40 in June of 2009.. :'(

Which is probably 20 years older than the average age for this forum.

Archived