DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Wheel of Time Soundtrack

Karen

here is a link to the game from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Atari-04-17318-Wheel-of-Time/dp/B00001XDKL/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1195056384&sr=8-1

I have it and it's a decient game, I played it through in 6 hours, but the story is compelling enought to have replay value. It takes place just before or just after the trollic wars, I was never real clear on that.

Darth_Andrea

Oh, I should add, regarding the game ...

Everything I've read about it (and no, I haven't played it) says that its basically a first person shooter only related to the WOT by implication.  A decent game, but not really a trip through Jordan's world.

You come near truth but miss it entirely. The game while designed like a FPS and plays much like one, it dose take a person into some of the good locations from the book, Tarvolan, Shadar Logoth, The Ways, and others, (I fell off a bridge in the ways and had to start over got stuck on a island with no exit) but over all it's a decient game.

[glow=Green,1,500]Darth_Andrea[/glow]

The game looks rather shoddy and I can only imagine the soundtrack is worse. I'd love to play a game along the lines of Morrowind III or Oblivion IV set in a Jordan universe but that seems too much to hope for. As for the music, well I love music more than I love reading and I think myself pretty much a snob regarding literature. This leads me to believe that I would hate the music to such a degree that I might rip my eardrums out with a kabob skewer.

you don't happen to be in band or orchestra..?

What does that have to do with it? Just because were band-geeks doesn't mean that we are more sensitive to the music we listen to.

Does it?

Going by the Amazon samples, the music is very well done. Not quite what I had in mind for WoT, but still good music, imo. Except track 11.

I was under the assumption that the soundtrack didn't have anything to do with the game. I seem to remember an add of some sort for it in the back of the first few books (the first copies I read, gotten from the library). I only found out about the vg after I had read book 10, and went looking for everything WoT related that I could find.

Listening to the samples, I get the feeling the composer has not read the books. With the exception of a few seconds here and there, the music is completely wrong for the books.

And it is just embarrassing to hear his attempt to mimic "folk", a style he clearly does not understand.

What does that have to do with it? Just because were band-geeks doesn't mean that we are more sensitive to the music we listen to.

Does it?

I asked because he said that he loved music even more than reading.  I'm a band geek to the core.  I play clarinet and tenor sax and piano, and I sing.  That's the only reason that I asked him about it.

But yes, I think that if you're completely nuts about band, you notice more musical attributes of things you listen to. (Even though that wasn't what I was talking about XD)

Archived