DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Temporary in-world of dreams healing?

CQ-Reborn

I edited this post because I didnt wanna make another thread so I decided to replace my original question with a new one, if someone was gravely injured and taken into the world of dreams and healed while in there, would they be able to heal and live as long as they remained there? I mean they would obviously be returned to their former condition when they go back into the real world but to what wounds could you survive in the World of Dreams that you couldn't otherwise survive?

IIRC the bore isn't actually physically at Shayol Ghul, its in the pattern and Shayao Ghul is just a focus point or something, so you can't actually balefire it.

But if you could, no it wont undo the bore, no channeler is any where near strong enough to undo 3000 years. Even using the Choden Kal the best you'd get is a week at most IMO.

I doubt it would release the DO either (if you COULD Balefire it that is), its the seals youd have to destroy.

I am not sure.  I know there was talk about something like this in healing Rand's hand in another thread, but I didn't see anything about him staying in the world of dreams.  I assume you mean that the person would physically enter the world of dreams.  It just brings more questions to mind for me:

Is there some sort of time limit you can stay in the world of dreams when entering physically?

At some point you would need to sleep...can you sleep in the world of dreams?  it would not seem like that it would possible to sleep there. 

Even though you were healed in the dream world, would you still have the effect of the wounds?  meaning you might just look better, but you would still be dying.

Interesting thought, but I think it wouldn't work.  But that is just my lowly opinion...lol. 

Even though you were healed in the dream world, would you still have the effect of the wounds?  meaning you might just look better, but you would still be dying.

If you were gravely wounded in the real world and then PHYSICALLY transported into TAR, you would PHYSICALLY die soon after your arrival unless healed.  Healing on someone physically in TAR is little different than someone in the real world.  Being in TAR would make no difference.  If they were as gravely wounded as the word "gravely" implies they would not have the ability to enter TAR in any other way as they probably would be unconscious and thus not able to dream.

If you were gravely wounded in the real world and then PHYSICALLY transported into TAR, you would PHYSICALLY die soon after your arrival unless healed.  Healing on someone physically in TAR is little different than someone in the real world.  Being in TAR would make no difference.  If they were as gravely wounded as the word "gravely" implies they would not have the ability to enter TAR in any other way as they probably would be unconscious and thus not able to dream.

Even small hurts wouldn't dissapear. We see this when Egwene enters TAR phisicaly to get to Salidar, right after she "repays her toh" to the Wise Ones. Even though she removes the pain after she enters TAR, whe still has it when she comes back out.

Even small hurts wouldn't dissapear. We see this when Egwene enters TAR phisicaly to get to Salidar, right after she "repays her toh" to the Wise Ones. Even though she removes the pain after she enters TAR, whe still has it when she comes back out.

I think that is his question....so if Eqwene would have stayed in TAR, she would not have the pain/damage of the beating while in TAR?  for how long?

He is asking what would happen if this sort of healing was done to someone gravely wounded.  While they are in TAR would they be okay? or is it even possible. 

If they were bleeding out they would still be bleeding out in TAR.  That wouldn't change.  They might not feel that pain anymore but the injuries causing it would still be there (just like Egwenes bruises were).  If they were that severely injured they wouldn't be able to enter TAR in any other way since they probably wouldn't be dreaming (yes I am repeating myself).   

it seems like the theory you're proposing is if you, say, lost a hand.  then you physically entered TAR, knowing that change in TAR affects a person even if they're physically there.  Then you had someone recreate your hand, would that hand remain recreated when you stepped physically out of TAR?

I think that the by definition that World of Dreams is exactly that.  It's just a reflection, so something changed in the physical would show up in TAR, but something changed in the reflection would not stick when it was brought back to the waking world.

Some things are affected, like when Egwene shielded Amico in The Dragon Reborn.  She wasn't entirely shielded in the waking world, but she was held in the physical world by the bonds of Air Egwene had woven around her in TAR.  So some things can be affected partially in the physical world from TAR, but I think something like regrowing a hand is beyond that.

He is asking what would happen if this sort of healing was done to someone gravely wounded.  While they are in TAR would they be okay? or is it even possible.

If they were gravely wounded, they woulnd't be in such a state as to be able to enter TAR physicaly. If there was someone else there strong enough to take them, that person would just heal them on the spot.

If they were that severely injured they wouldn't be able to enter TAR in any other way since they probably wouldn't be dreaming

IMO (not that it counts much), just entering TAR by dreaming wouldn't help at all.

One must also keep in mind the wonky time flow in TAR. If one was taken there, they might get more time before they actually die, but, then again, they might get substatualy less time. Not even Mat would bet his life on TAR time flow being slow at just the moment when it needs to be.

Archived