DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Long time reader, First time writer

Samuraiflip05

Hello from the Midwest,

I was always an avid reader as a teen/young adult.  During high school I would often read up to three books at a time.  In 1992 I stumbled upon a trade paperback (Large paperback) of "The Eye of the World."  I read the book in two sittings and thouroughly enjoyed it.  I had no idea that there were more until I mentioned the book at a D&D session.  Well I rushed right out and got 1-5 in small paperback. 

I have re-read the entire series with the release of each new book 6-11 and Prequel.  I thought that I was unique in that aspect, But I am finding that Jordan fans are known for this activity. 

As of yet I have not read Knife of Dreams (Holding off until closer to the release of book 12.  Plus I was reading the "Left Behind" Series, "The Saga of Recluse" books, and the "People of the Wolf" Series.  I was morbidly shocked at the loss of Robert Jordan. 

Not having been a member of his many fan sites until now, I found out on MSN.com.  Selfishly one of my first thoughts was, "Will there be a conclusion to the epic?"  Sincerely though my heart goes out to his loved ones. 

I have always been most fascinated by Jordan's ability to keep your interest peaked even while jumping through the numerous Main/Key characters.  Some times having too many important characters can detract/distract from the story, but RJ pulls it off brilliantly.

Hey Samuraiflip05 welcome to DM, I think most if not all would agree with your opnion of RJ...lol

Hey I hope you have fun here, make sure you pop by the Orgs and say hi to everyone, we always love to see newbies.

I recommend the Wolfkin and the Band as two wonderful places with wonderful people...lol

But I'm sure you will have a warm welcome wherever you go.

Be sure to pop in on the Wolfkin thread here on the newbie boards, we would love to have you join in and meet you.

Greetings from the midwest also. lol.. Welcome to DM!!

Hope you have fun here! There's a lot to do, so you should find something you like. If you go to the book discusion.. be careful! I have yet to read KoD also, I started my re-read late and got sidetracked as well.. I'm getting closer to it though!! Anyway, I had a spoiler or two in the book discusion, so just watch out.

On a side note. I've been wanting to read "The Saga of Recluse" for a coupel years now.. I finally got the book a few days ago, as it's never at the book store and I didn't want to bother ordering it. It sounded good, but I wasn't sure.. and you're the first person I can remember hearing mention it.. as you  also love the WoT, I'm sure now that I'll like it. and D&D? lol.. I haven't played that for a few years now..  icon_confused.gif

Anyway.. welcome again!

I think its perfectly natural to wonder if the last book will be finished. After all, its the completion of his greatest story. Part of my loss is losing that final book, completely written and edited by Jordan and his wife, the way all the others have been done.  I wouldn't feel guilt over wondering if we'll ever know how he intended to write the final chapter.

And welcome. =)

It's great to see such a large number of people with such enthusiasm and attachment to RJ's work.  Okay, being new here I see a lot of posts about org sites and.  Haven't searched the entire site yet.  What exactly are these about?  Also Son of battles, the Recluce series is one I have completely enjoyed.  It does have a funky timeline, as Liath said, but not hard to follow.  Also it follows a much simpler set of societal/magical rules than Wot.  It's often my in between Wot release read. 

Welcome to Dragonmount! Dragonmount is a wonderful community place where people from all over the world really enjoy coming together. I’m Aleita and am the newest Wise One Apprentice of the Aiel Org. The  organisations are a really wonderful way to get to know other members here. So please pop by and say hello to us! We’re a very friendly bunch.

Aiel Link

If you have any questions or queries about the Aiel or Dragonmount in general please feel free to send me a PM. :)

Guest Stefania Sedai

Welcome to DM, Samurai. We are thrilled to have you with us. It was comforting to me, when I discovered of RJ's passing, to have a place like DM to come together with other people who all loved his work and felt the loss as much as I did. DM is a big family and he was what brought us all together. For that we will eternally be grateful.   

So let me take a second and invite you over to my favorite little section of family, the Band of the Red Hand. And I'm not kidding there; they have become my brothers and sisters. We are the music and travel Org here at DM, but we are so much more. We have jousts and brawls, plus brews and the occasional prank. We would love to have you come join us. Whatever you decide to do, I hope that DM is as enjoyable to you as it has been to me.  :)

Welcome to DM!

DM is one big family (with all the arguements as well!), but we were all here to share our loss at RJ's sad passing.

As for 'little families inside DM', Stef mentioned the Band of the Red Hand, and I will second here invite! Do come by our boards if you want to talk music and travel, as well as have a fantastic time meeting fellow DMers who love the series.

But whatever you end up doing at DM, have fun!  :)

I have the first 10 Wolf-Owl.  I just finished Lightning (6). 

I am reading them in the order listed, which is to say not in timeline order.  But, it seems that outside of a couple of references to First Man/Wolfdreamer that may not have full meaning without having read the first book, they could be stand alones to a degree.  Plus I am finding a repetitiveness in them that can be distracting.  It is always the same power struggle for a reluctant hero with different players and surounding events.  Still enjoyable overall though.

Archived