DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Greetings

Sorandha

Hello, I'm a new member here on the boards, and I apologize if I'm a little long winded.

I've only read up to book six, the Lord of Chaos (I'm about 100 pages short of being done with it) and I found this page under the most tragic of circumstances. I was checking my inbox on DeviantArt and found a journal post by one of my friends that had a link to RJ's blog, and it broke my heart to learn of his passing so soon after becoming acquainted with his works.

And then I found the link to the temporary forums and skulked around for a bit, and I got an overwhelming feeling of friendliness and community from the messages posted there. I investigated a lot of sites (some very casual, some very strict) but I really feel like I would have a lot of enjoyment here.

I've spent the past couple of days trying to read up on the announcements and the various organizations and become familiar with the forum layout (I'm not much of a forum person, so it's a little awkward for me) and I must say it's quite dizzying. Above all my questions is this: what can I do if I feel the need to join several different organizations? Where would I be welcome?

Of course the last question is a little silly unless I put out a little information about myself. I'm an art student studying to become a 3D animator of the fantasy and creature kind, but that's only scratching the surface. I love music (my current love being the piano, but old love the flute) I'm currently attempting to teach myself the art of patternmaking and knitting (I only wish my talents were good enough to help with the Harriet gift) and I've done a good bit of RP'ing in my life.

But there I go rambling when all I was supposed to do was say "hello!" Agh, I'm so sorry, I don't blame anyone for just skipping all of that and going to the bottom here. The jist is, I'm glad these boards are back up and I hope that with time I can have some fun!

We're glad to be back home too! I like to think we have a nice balance between casualness and structure here and I hope you enjoy it.

Any and every Org would be happy to have you, but it sounds like you should definitely try the Illuminators first.  They have an Artists Chapterhouse that sounds right up your alley.

I'm sure someone experienced with the RP section will be along soon to explain how to get involved there.

Welcome!

Welcome to DM Sorandha!!! We're happy you chose to join us. We do have quite a family community here and it souds like you'll fit in nicely  ;)

And don't worry about rambling.. I do it too and everyone still seems to like me.. lol.. just kidding, but seriously, it's nice to have you say so much about yourself right of the bat.. it helps us get to know you even better.

Like Kath said, you should definitely check out the illuminators. Any org you want to join would welcome you though.. and you can join as many as you want!

Like you said.. it's hard to get used to the boards, but it get easier, I promise. Just give it a little time and you'll know where everyhting is before you know it!

Anyway, welcome again, and I hope you stay around and have some fun with us! If you have any more questions, don't be afraid to ask. You can post here.. in any org you have a question about or you can PM someone that you think can answer your question, just don't hesitate to ask.. we are all happy to help where we can.

Welcome to DM! :)

From the sounds of things, I think you'd really like the Orgs. Check out the Illuminators Org as they're the crafty ones of the bunch.  If you're only up to LoC though, I strongly suggest you stay away from the book discussion boards at the top of the main page. Most people don't even bother with spoiler warnings, and if they do they usually only mean spoilers for Knife of Dreams. :)

If you're at all interested in role-playing, there's a thriving RP community here.  For roleplaying, I'd suggest starting off by reading this post: http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/topic,354.0.html  That covers the basics and will give you an idea of where to begin.

Next you'll want to get an idea of the kind of character you'll want to play. Just about every group of people on Randland are represented in some way. When you have an idea of the kind of character you'll want to play, you'll need to come up with a character bio and have it approved for play. For more info on that, check out this post: http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/topic,717.0.html

After that, just find your way to the Div boards for your chosen Division and begin to join in on the fun as you await for your bio to be approved and to be assigned a mentor

But no matter what you decide to do with your time here at DM, I hope you enjoy yourself. And once again, welcome aboard. :)

Welcome to Dragonmount! Glad to have you join us.  :)

I also think you'd fit right in with the Illuminators. You can join as many Orgs as you like, but my friendly word of advice is to start with one, maybe two, and then join more if you want to and have the time.  :)

Hey Sorandha, It was lovely to hear you ramblings, it's nice to find out about people.

The Illuminators has been mentioned and I think that would be a lovely place for you to start, it sounds like you have a lot to offer them to.

As Raena said just take it easy joining the Orgs at first and then add to them as you get more familiar with them all. I can understand it looking a little daunting. But we are all more than happy to answer any questions you have, and that goes for the Orgs as well.

I'm going to a bit of plugging, only becasue I'm enthusiastic about the orgs I'm in.

I would like to recommend the Wolfkin, we are a laid back bunch and the theme for our Org is Nature. We are also the home os TQ, Chilli, and even have our own TQ lake with Larry the TQ lake monster, who is quite harmless. Anyway we have a thread here in the newbies at the moment and would love for you to pop in and say hi to us there, or just pop into the Org, you'll get a warm welcome.

I would also like to mention the Band of the red hand, The home of music and travel and a fun place to be. You can find many brawls brews, jousts, aorund the band as well as competitions and our very own game.

If you like Movies at all or TV and games then please pop by the Seanchan and discuss them to your hearts content.

But which ever Org you go to you are sure to made as welcome as possible, I hope you enjoy your time here.

And as you can see there are a few of us who like to ramble as well :-[  :D

Welcome to DM!

It looks like the Illuminators are up your street...but do not forget the other ORGs! Come by the Campfires of the Band of the Red Hand, and your name will go down in legends and you will receive much honour for doing so! As Talya explained, we are DM's very own music and travel ORG, but offer so much more, whether it be brawling, bashing each other's heads in as we fight using the dice for our ORG Game, or generally having fun posting!

Whatever you do here at DM, have fun!  :)

Guest Stefania Sedai

Welcome to DM! We are thrilled that you decided to join us! Well, obviously the Illuminators are going to be a good fit for you, but when you are done there let me invite you to come and visit with the Band of the Red Hand. We have lots of brews and brawls together and you would be very, very welcometo join in. But over all, take your time getting familiar with the Orgs and just have fun! Hope to see you on the boards!

Welcome to Dragonmount! Dragonmount is a wonderful community place where people from all over the world really enjoy coming together. I’m Aleita and am the newest Wise One Apprentice of the Aiel Org. The  organisations are a really wonderful way to get to know other members here. So please pop by and say hello to us! We’re a very friendly bunch.

Aiel Link

If you have any questions or queries about the Aiel or Dragonmount in general please feel free to send me a PM. :)

Guest nephitess

Welcome to DM!!! We’re glad to have you….please make your self comfortable. There is lots to do here and you’ll quickly learn your way around. I promise. *winks*

Make sure you check out he White Tower Org…visit the Reds, they’ll give you lots of Snugglebites. 

Also the Illiuminators Org is amazing!!! I love it because that is where all the creative people hang out. There are place for those who like graphic design, writing, or crafty stuff like candle making or soaping!!

So please check everything out and find were your comfortable!!

Archived