114 members have voted

1. 1. spigots or caudrens

• spigots
    • caudrens
    • pie spoon
    • washer woman. shaped washer.

This poll is closed to new votes

Rand/The Dragon made a frigging huge mountain  ;D

Only by drawing an amount of saidin far greater than he could handle. The amount he was drawing would have burnt him to cinders if he hadn't killed himself first.

Well, it's generally accepted that the Creator spoke at the Eye of the World...

I looked over TEoW, I can't believe I missed that... :-[ My only defense is that it's a really good part of the book so I always read it really fast cause I can't wait to see what happens. I always do that with the exciting bits, I fly through them cause I really enjoy them.

After their two day long struggle, they would both be far too exausted to conjure any majik or use the one source, so it would inevitably fall to the most skilled swordsman, and that is where Rand al'Thor would prevail.

We only say rand's better because the book points out rand is skilled, while lotr never once states gandalfs skill level, the facts our however that gandalf can be found charging forward with little reguard for himself and a trail of orc bodies not far off. Couple that with the fact we know he battled the balrog from the depths of moria to the very top with as far as both book and film show no sorcery present. Now considering what the balrog is i'd say thats a bloody impressive feet

In all fairness this isn't somethin you can truely compare, as far as the silmarillion is concerned gandalf is potentialy a match for sauron at the hight of his power yet by orders is forbidden from using said powers. Rand on the other hand is a turbo charged bad arse who can does unleash some hefty magic but under completey different terms. Rands channeling operates under rules etc, there are methods and ways of doing things, all we know about gandalf is he has power.

The rules of each universe are to different in my opinion, WoT has balefire and lotr doesnt which technically makes anyone from WoT more combat effective then anything in lotr, however if you discount balefire, the heavier fantasy elemenets of Lotr push them back up because gandalf a lot closer to being a divine godly being were as rand is and always will be, a man.

Now is we're compairing them as characters... theres a different arguement.

Gandalf just wins :P

A note on balefire: although some people on here may wish to treat it as the be all and end all of a magic v channeling, whose to say that it will work on Gandalf? Balefire burns threads from the pattern, but Gandalf is not a thread and he is not a part of the pattern. he is a superbeing with powers of his own. It could be that if these two characters could be brought face to face and both of them were able to use their powers then it could bethat Gandalf has the ability to withstand balefire, or block it. And unless we are going to state what level of power these two are going to have e.g. Rand with both hands but no OP, Gandalf with no magic, both armed with swords and minds, then who wins? It depends on circumstance.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived