DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What are you watching?

Emperor

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching the anime Beserk. Intersting and you need to watch it from the second episode

Yea, unfortunately the series got canceled... So the final episode doesn't even start where the first began...

That really screws it up then since it could have done more episodes, and apart from the really intrusive music and the as you have stated cut short ending could have been up there with my favorites

Watched Gattaca with Ethan Hawke, Jude Law, and Uma Thurman.  It was a very well made movie with good acting and a good plot.  Well directed and written, I enjoyed watching it.  Very interesting movie about a future where almost all children are genetically modified before their birth to bring out the best attributes they contain in their genes.  A "God Child", or child who is born the "old fashioned way" without being genetically modified is born who has a desire to be an astronaut.  But the system won't allow a person who isn't genetically superior to be anything of value.  So Ethan Hawke's character hires a DNA broker to help him achieve his dream.  I won't give away anything specific, but know that this movie isn't fast-paced or action-packed, it is calculated, planned, and intelligent.

My favorite part was when Jude Law's character realized that even though he was perfect in every way that society valued, even in his own life, he came in second.  Such a powerful scene.

I loved this movie and Ethan Hawke did a great job.  9/10

• 2 weeks later...
  • Community Administrator

I watched bits and pieces of

Oh God! (1970s) last night, mostly cause it was a comedy, and I had a feeling it was the precursor to Bruce & Evan Almighty.

I was right.

Favorite line.

Guy who can talk to god: "You need to give me something! You gave moses Tablets!"

God: "Thats because moses had a bad memory"

The movie wasn't one of those movies that preaches at you, its just making some fun.

If it were any type of preechery, it be saying 'think foryourself dammit'. :P

Also, I was bored so I watched abit of bill mahr on hbo...

Is it just me or does he keep going further and further left? I didn't think it was possible really.

Its hard to seperate the comedy from what he actually believes but I gotta say, he knows shit about science. ;)

Archived