DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New Here

Maerirn

Hey everybody, after frequently checking RJ's blog to see his updates, I looked abit around here and decided to join, don't know how active I'll be, but I'll sure try.

Im currently almost done with Book 7, and remember reading the first one in Spring 2005. RJ has occupied a whole that previously only Tolkien has filled, now its both of them ;D

Welcome to DM! :)

There's really multiple parts to the community. There's the discussion of the books, the Orgs where they socialize and get up to all kinds of mischief, and then the Divisions which is the role-playing side.  If you're only up to book 7 on your first time through, I'd strongly suggest staying away from the discussion side unless you don't mind spoilers. Because not many people bother with spoiler warnings, and then those that do usually only warn people regarding the last book.

As for the Orgs, I don't know much about them, so I'll leave them to someone else to explain. :P

If you're at all interested in role-playing, there's a thriving RP community here.  For roleplaying, I'd suggest starting off by reading this post: http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/topic,354.0.html  That covers the basics and will give you an idea of where to begin.

Next you'll want to get an idea of the kind of character you'll want to play. Just about every group of people on Randland are represented in some way. When you have an idea of the kind of character you'll want to play, you'll need to come up with a character bio and have it approved for play. For more info on that, check out this post: http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/topic,717.0.html

After that, just find your way to the Div boards for your chosen Division and begin to join in on the fun as you await for your bio to be approved and to be assigned a mentor

But no matter what you decide to do with your time here at DM, I hope you enjoy yourself. And once again, welcome aboard. :)

Hey, welcome to DM!

Be sure to check out the Orgs such as the WT and the Aiel. They are both fun and a cool place to hang out. Also the discussion boards might be of interest if you want to discuss WoT but be careful since there are some spoilers there.

Anyway above all have fun!

Hello and welcome to Dragonmount! As the others have said already, if you don't want spoilers you should stay away from the book discussions, at least the General WoT discussion board. The Orgs are mostly spoiler free, though.  :)

Welcome to DM!

Have a look at everything DM has to offer - you'll find something that suits you!

While you are looking through, why not have a peak in at the Band of the Red Hand ORG, DM's very own music and travel ORG. Apart from music and travel, we can give you fame, glory and much honour in our variety of activities!

Whatever you end up doing here at DM, have fun!  :)

Thanks for the warm welcomes. It astounds me that people are rereading the WOT series. Like i said I started them in early 2005, and am on book 7 for the first time. I dont know how i could reread this series any time soon, as there are soo many other books out there that need reading. I was especially surprised to hear that one of the members reads the whole series once a year!.

I was always the fast reader in my household but i guess i dont compare to you folks.

How long does it usually take you guys to read one book. For me, its at least a week, more like 9 days if i have a chance to read every night. If i dont, its much longer.

A whole book in one or two days? damn. kudos. I read much slower than i would like to. Usually at night, ill read from 11-12:30, sometimes earlier, usually around 2hrs,and only get about 60pages through. Well there are distractions, but i dont think i could read one whole WOT book in one or two days, maybe if i had the whole day to read

A whole book in one or two days? damn. kudos. I read much slower than i would like to. Usually at night, ill read from 11-12:30, sometimes earlier, usually around 2hrs,and only get about 60pages through. Well there are distractions, but i dont think i could read one whole WOT book in one or two days, maybe if i had the whole day to read

Archived