DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Recruiting for "Traveller Along the Wheel"

Arie
This post was recognized by Arie!

thehumantrashcan was awarded the badge 'Roleplay Rogue'

Anyone who wants to join, let me know.  It's possible for more to join.  I have it set for one but within the next couple of post others can join.

I don't have any plans to run it like DnD with dice unless that's what the players want.  It's more along the lines of choose your own adventure.  Don't want to give much more away.

Check in here with who your character is after ready the story and then feel free to reply to the IC thread.

For starters, the first person replying is the POV character in the starting cave.  You will start as yourself or some version of yourself you'd like to RP as, you will change as the story progresses.

Have fun!

• RP - PLAYER
Arie

HeavyHalfMoonBlade was awarded the badge 'Roleplay Rogue'

I have no idea what you are talking about but it sounds interesting, 

Would love to take part but have zero clue what you are actually looking for. If that is good enough, count me in 🙂 If it is not, I can manage on my own! Me and Bob don't need nobody!

Is there something you need from me or would you rather I left you alone?

Arie

Delenn was awarded the badge 'Roleplay Rogue'

I have been working on a greenie to possibly throw at this. But I am also curious what you are looking for. And if you’re doing full rp I’d happily give my green a run at it with Halfmoon. 🤓

You can throw whatever you want at it.  You'll see as we move forward in the story. @HeavyHalfMoonBlade don't worry if you don't know what I'm talking about.  Give a response and I'll clarify things if need be but I'm flexible and played many different RPs that either required rolls or not.

@Delenn

All you half to do is respond to the thread as though you are you or a real world character with the potential to become whatever you'd hoping for.  We'll get to the Greenie later if you want.

Edited by thehumantrashcan

• RP - PLAYER

A couple of questions, you are writing the IC thread in second person, but I would use first person? And how far would I take any narrative? For example if I snatch up the lantern and rush to the crack, is that the kind of action you are looking for (as in I obviously cannot know what I would see inside it). Or is more like "read guest book" and "stuff sleeping bag in crack, douse with lantern oil and set fire to it" (nobody is dragging me into the crack, and partners are disposable commodities), where you RP off my actions? 

How about things like my partner's name? Do I leave that undefined, or do I add these details in as I'm pretty sure I would know their name.

You are welcome to introduce your character in the first person, give your background or your partner's (along with their name) or any other details you'd like to add and write what you do up until entering the crack or leaving the cave through the entrance.  I'll try and remember to add what to add that kind of limit on the next post.

• RP - PLAYER

Chickened out of introducing the character, could not seem to manage it. 

I was going to go for a male partner, but that was way more difficult than I thought it would be. In the end I decided with female-type people thinking about joining it would be unfair to make a potential character male. Sad excuse, I know.

So let me know if I did it wrong, completely or partly. I presume this is going to be a learning experience for me 🙂 

• RP - PLAYER
2 minutes ago, Delenn said:

Well, I am interested and have been, but I have had some nerves around being good enough for it too. Also, I wanted to give others a chance but I am dying for some WoT related rp. @HeavyHalfMoonBlade But may I ask why you wanted a male companion? 

Well, I am not sure I said I wanted a male partner. But why not challenge my own prejudices and my societal conditioning by pushing outwith my heterosexual norms? It is only RP after all, it is not the same as actually embarking on a same sex relationship.

But that conditioning was trickier to overcome  than I had anticipated. Like wearing the colour pink, I can deliberately wear pink, but I would never select a pink shirt to wear, for example, if given a free choice and I was not deliberately forcing myself to. As I am conditioned to see pink as female, and homosexual, as if not wrong, as not me. 

And as a windswept, interesting man of the world, it is a bit disappointing that it is so difficult to even roleplay as something different from myself, though perhaps interesting that I have no trouble being a curtsying Novice (being quite loose with my own gender), yet the gender that I want to stick my, er, well, nevermind, is something I cannot challenge easily. I suppose that says something about my self-image. Not sure what though. Maybe I'm a closet lesbian.

Is that too much information, or is that what you were asking?

It's not too much information for me at all. But some of it may push DM's limits if we are much more explicit on the open boards. *grins* I think I would really enjoy giving this rp a shot if you are interested? I am a little nervous inviting myself but I think we are of a very similar mindset and would have a good time. 

• RP - PLAYER
15 minutes ago, Delenn said:

It's not too much information for me at all. But some of it may push DM's limits if we are much more explicit on the open boards. *grins* I think I would really enjoy giving this rp a shot if you are interested? I am a little nervous inviting myself but I think we are of a very similar mindset and would have a good time. 

I don't think it is up to me, but the lovely @thehumantrashcan, but I would be delighted to have you along. Maybe you can help me not cock it up 🙂 I think we would definitely have fun, I hope Trash will as well 🙂