DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Welcome Twinnie.

goldeneys

...well first, to get your horse, you have to post in the raw recruits thread saying you choose the best division in the band...the archers that is. I mean, come on, who really wants to be with the infants? And you have to clean up your horses mess with the cav. Nope, best to have the easy life of an archer. No digging trenches or pallisades, no cleaning up crap, quite literally, just you and a simple...ahh the easy life...

Welcome, welcome, welcome!

I see Band Members are already convincing you to join their division! It is all part of the fun and games as a Raw Recruit! You get to experience life with each division and get to know all Banders better! At the end of you time as a Raw Recruit, you decide which division to join properly! All during your time as a Raw Recruit, you can earn points like any other Bander! This can be done by:

- writing reviews on places to visit/holidays you have been on

- writing reviews on music albums and gigs

- replying to other people's reviews and asking questions

- composing Jak O' the Shadow verses

- getting articles published in our monthly newsletter, The Hornsounder

- monthly roll call in the private boards here

- any DM project we may have (currently a Battle Project, but all is taken at the moment)

- and much much more I cannot think of right now!

As you may have gathered, the Band of the Red Hand is the Travel & Music ORG of DM! Of course, we do let our hair down now and then! We are famous for our bar brawls, which happen frequently! Expect one soon! ;)

We also have two games here on DM, which can be found in the stickies! I have approved your account on the offboard site, so you can now sign up for the Raw Recruit scheme! Executive Officer Footman will assign you your first division, and then you will be set a task or two.

We also have a few games on our off board site, so pop on in! Also, take the lessons to learn our ORG Game, based on the luck of dice! You get the selected weapons of your division, and can fight anyone in the Band! It is currently being revised, but the ideas will all be the same!

If I have left anything out (which I expect I have!), do not hesitate to ask questions! Someone will be able to answer them for you!

One last thing...

*hands Twinnie a Marshal-General's Special Battle Brew*

CARAI AN SHEN AN CALHAR!!!!!

*walks in and glances at Corki's WALL O' TEXT*

*sigh*

I seriously pity all recruits, having to get through all that. Nah kidding Corks, kudos on the diligent work....though would I be right in assuming you just copy n paste it from somewhere? Oh thou workst in mysterious ways.

Onto the more important topic at hand:

HEY TWINNIE! Welcome to the Band! I'm sure you'll love us. *hands out Brew* Though must say your choice of Cav is curious (at best)

Thanks Corki...*grins and takes the special brew*

*quirks eyebrow at Jester*

Curious? Not really, ridden since I was a kid...hate the bow, don't like walking *grins* and sometimes a girl's horse is her best friend....*shrugs* cav is a natural choice...

Ah rite rite. I used to ride when I was younger but after a small accident swore of horses or other four-legged means of transport forever *sigh* Walking aint so bad once you get used to it.....

Oh well have fun!

*sigh*

*laughs*

No, I do not have something I copy and paste for each new recruit! I say the same things, but I try and say it differently each time! That was in fact the first time I used a list to say how points were earnt! Usually it is in some sort of prose form! lol!

However, because of the change in our policy on new members, all new recruits have to visit each division as a Raw Recruit! It is only fair, and gives each division a shot at recruiting these new members!

Well, I came up with the majority of ideas for earning points. I do believe I still have the original pieces of paper where I scribbled down my plans. Over time, I have listened to Banders, and have thus expanded things.

Archived