DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

DOOMSLAYER MAFIA - GAME OVER

Darthe

6 hours ago, Sooh said:

I feel like verb seems different than last game, so that’s hopefully a good sign. 

I’m not really sussing you anymore. SD confuses me with his style. I mean, he’s all about how we can’t know anything, but that’s the nature of the game. We have to guess. That said he was exactly the same last game as town, so… 

I asked a question to awhile, so I’m going to wait for a reply there. 

cass is cass, and so far we’re good, but also by her own admission her wim kinda dwindles as scum, so we’ll see. 

How would you define the difference between Town me and Scum me on D1 / D2 / D3 for example? I'm pretty sure it's been shown that I am always more hyper-focused at the start than later on, even as Town, because hello ADHD? My heart genuinely shrivels and dies with scum rands right at the start, and I would think it would be noticeable, even at this stage? 

Anywho, I'm interested in your elaboration/beliefs here? I don't like it when people hinge/shade everything on waiting for this predictable 'change' and nothing else.

• Community Administrator
44 minutes ago, Zander? said:

I dunno but I'm not. She feels like a new player trying to figure things it to me.  Can you show examples and explain what you're seeing pls?

11 hours ago, AwholeLoafaBread said:

You're right, we've been messing around a bit and I'll accept my part in that. I'd like to play too, so here goes.

You're not voting Zander because you wanna make up for last game, but I believe that @Zander? isn't scum just from my reads so far. He's been chummy but also brought up questions here and there to start the game talk up and that's a good vibe I think.

@Cass has been helping me out, I wouldn't count her out as scum just for that. I have no idea otherwise.

I don't know about Sooh, sorry @Sooh.  Haven't gotten a good read yet, and I think that may speak for itself. I have a few more pages to read, but so far I don't think you've revealing anything about you yet, beyond voting Zander.

@Verbal32 it's nice to meet you and just like @Sooh I haven't got a read on you yet. I'm hoping to read and see how things have unveiled so far.

I love @VooDooNut's humor and I can't vote that kind of gold so early 🙂 

Nice to meet you too! And no, i'm not scum 🙂 thank goodness

I get vibes of "Chipper sweet while she sticks you with a knife". 

@Darthe blink twice if you've been stabbed by "accident". 

• Community Administrator
2 minutes ago, Cass said:

Zander trending up-ish for me, maybe

- is it stupid that I don't necessarily think he'd mention the possibility of an extension as a wolf?

I think Zander plays with a singular focus of eliminating the "wolf", no matter what role he plays.

2 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

I get vibes of "Chipper sweet while she sticks you with a knife". 

@Darthe blink twice if you've been stabbed by "accident". 

Would you say she's the most sus here, so far though?

I don't know that I'd go so far as to say she gets a D1 pass by virtue of being new, but at the present I'm of the mind that it can be worth letting people have time to find their groove...

Looking forward to her stance on voting today, and where she wants to place her vote after the extra content that has been added when she next comes back @AwholeLoafaBread

And after that, I'm looking forward to seeing what @Verbal32 does with his vote on her.

Speaking of - @AwholeLoafaBread - does his vote on you bother you at all?

42 minutes ago, Zander? said:

Its a 7er even if we no lunch today it's not buying us long maybe just 1 extra day is what I assumed she meant.

Right, and my point is, that even one extra day, beyond D2 possibly being MYLO, is valuable enough to consider?

3 hours ago, AwholeLoafaBread said:

I honestly didn't understand why Sooh voted him, it seemed unfounded which is why I think he's not the sus here. Pulling the trigger that quick got me thinking why. @Sooh if I've missed your read here please correct me 🙂

I explained later in a post to Z what I was trying to do. I'm sure you'll see it on your catchup, if not, lmk and I'll clear it up for you 🙂

3 hours ago, Cass said:

People, talk to me about this NL - when, if ever, is it a good thing for Town then?

What happens if we mislynch today, and Sooh is right and there are 2 wolves? 

In a game where there's an even number of players a NL can be good. Also in a situation where the game is over if you mislynch but not if you no lunch. That said, the second one is probably best for a game with a more open setup. 

2 hours ago, Zander? said:

Nothing strong atp no.

Ill see how things progress when I get up and reread and see if I missed anything  and see where everyone else is as well.  Still time left.  I don't see being 2 Wolves in a 7er but it's possibly I suppose.  I just hate no lunches but if I'm still stumped and noone  trust has anything by DL I won't  just gonna blind lunch someone.  

As evidenced by last game, Darthe is quite fond of the mafiascum wiki, and almost all the 7er setups there have two wolves. He also promised in the sign ups that this would be more or less kitchen sink (throwing all possible abilities out there to play), so I would say it's most likely two wolves.

2 hours ago, Cass said:

Sigh. The no NL thing really seems crud when the WTL's and reasonings for Town reads everywhere are so vague.

Too easy for wolves to push 'it's all good if we mislynch - we get info!' and then profit from 1 less Townie in a very small game. 

I don't see much info that we'd be getting so far?

I'm confused. Are you for a no lynch or against it?

2 hours ago, Cass said:

Isn't the point that if we NL today, we possibly get an extra day/space to be wrong, rather than potentially going into mislynch-and-lose on D2?

Possibly, but if we no lynch, there's a NK and we mislynch tomorrow and the N2 NK is successful we still lose. 

1 hour ago, Cass said:

How would you define the difference between Town me and Scum me on D1 / D2 / D3 for example? I'm pretty sure it's been shown that I am always more hyper-focused at the start than later on, even as Town, because hello ADHD? My heart genuinely shrivels and dies with scum rands right at the start, and I would think it would be noticeable, even at this stage? 

Anywho, I'm interested in your elaboration/beliefs here? I don't like it when people hinge/shade everything on waiting for this predictable 'change' and nothing else.

lol I dunno. When did we play last? 2018? I mean so far you seem to be digging your heels in with the best of the townies, so idk what I'm waiting for. 

This is going to be a tough game lol.

2 hours ago, Sooh said:

In a game where there's an even number of players a NL can be good. Also in a situation where the game is over if you mislynch but not if you no lunch. That said, the second one is probably best for a game with a more open setup. 

Ta

2 hours ago, Sooh said:

I'm sure I have. Probably as both alignments.

This is what I figured would be the case 🤣 , barring the off possibility Zander came back with something like 'actually no, as Town she doesn't vote me until later/after susses and discussions. 

2 hours ago, Sooh said:

I'm confused. Are you for a no lynch or against it?

At this stage,  still for it if there's no strong scum vibes because

2 hours ago, Sooh said:

Possibly, but if we no lynch, there's a NK and we mislynch tomorrow and the N2 NK is successful we still lose. 

Maybe, depending on what other night actions exist?

If we mislynch D1 in a role madness, we are likely taking out a power that could prove pivotal for Town.

If we don't mislynch, we allow the maximum Town role action we may have the opportunity for all game?

If we don't have strong scum leans, why would we risk reducing our power before the wolves do?

3 hours ago, Sooh said:

Remind me about your take on SD again

I don't have a clear one. Until he asked about Loaf, I don't recall that he'd actually pointed sus at anyone (?), which is something maybe?

A lot of mechanics talk and paranoia/WIFOM which seems similar to his previous games? Definitely doesn't give him a complete pass.

Which reminds me, I actually tried to pop in to ask:

@SinisterDeath

If you HAD to take your BEST GUESS on an ORDER of scummy/towniness for every player based only the things in the thread so far, where is everyone on your current scale?

And if you're feeling generous, why?

(And this means concerns about game-mechanic-possibilities-and-paranoia aside, since everything is there is still unknown)

FWIW, I agree Verb's play style here is mostly different to last game. 

The only similarity I see so far in the D1 play is the mention that a Townie may be white-knighting (TOWN!SD in that game, me here).  /shrug

@Verbal32 can you give your thoughts on the option of D1 No Lynch?