DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

DOOMSLAYER MAFIA - GAME OVER

Darthe

Just now, SinisterDeath said:

Am I really the only one getting woly vibes from Loaf?

I dunno but I'm not. She feels like a new player trying to figure things it to me.  Can you show examples and explain what you're seeing pls?

9 hours ago, Verbal32 said:

The outside potential she's scum and defending low hanging fruit is not lost on me.  But I like her so far, actually.

You do?

WRT defending LHF, you've also used the term 'white-knighting' - I guess it's a question of whether you think wolf-me would throw that many 'defensive' thought processes about another player, particularly LHF, out into the thread, rather than leave them be?

9 hours ago, Cass said:

I've never played with Jester/Tanner before - my initial half-thought was that mafia would be more likely to want to keep suspicions of the role hush, whereas Town might prefer to keep them alive and focus on finding mafia in the first instance. I also wanted to know if that was stupid. 

Not stupid at all, I like how you've explained yourself (even if I don't necessarily agree).

And yet, the more I looked at the situation last night, the stupider it seemed, if the Jester is 3p.

@Zander? - THIS is what I think of/would expect you to think of as possi-pocketing, for example - where one player is being potentially overly accommodating/flattering to another. Rather than when Sooh and I were eyeballing each other?

Voodoo - IC, duh

Cass - liked some recent posts, still wary of white knighting SD

Zander - D1 pass still, really liked his wagonomics reasoning for not wanting a NL today

Sooh - no specific feeling one way or the other yet, but as last game's mod, super inclined to not lynch D1

Loaf - liked that first gameplay post, but I have no read

SD - in my WTL, but I'm keeping an eye on this slot in particular

Sigh. The no NL thing really seems crud when the WTL's and reasonings for Town reads everywhere are so vague.

Too easy for wolves to push 'it's all good if we mislynch - we get info!' and then profit from 1 less Townie in a very small game. 

I don't see much info that we'd be getting so far?

Just now, Cass said:

You do?

WRT defending LHF, you've also used the term 'white-knighting' - I guess it's a question of whether you think wolf-me would throw that many 'defensive' thought processes about another player, particularly LHF, out into the thread, rather than leave them be?

And yet, the more I looked at the situation last night, the stupider it seemed, if the Jester is 3p.

@Zander? - THIS is what I think of/would expect you to think of as possi-pocketing, for example - where one player is being potentially overly accommodating/flattering to another. Rather than when Sooh and I were eyeballing each other?

Sigh. The no NL thing really seems crud when the WTL's and reasonings for Town reads everywhere are so vague.

Too easy for wolves to push 'it's all good if we mislynch - we get info!' and then profit from 1 less Townie in a very small game. 

I don't see much info that we'd be getting so far?

I deem what you're describing much more whiteknighting then pocketing.

7 hours ago, Sooh said:

So... just musing here, but... if there are 2 wolves, that means the game could be over as early as EOD 2.

If there's just 1 wolf, that makes the game a lot harder, but we'll have more chances to catch them. I still believe more in 2 wolves though, just from experience. 

A no kill today could prolong the game a little, but it doesn't really give us much space to be wrong. Two days of being wrong and we're done. 

Isn't the point that if we NL today, we possibly get an extra day/space to be wrong, rather than potentially going into mislynch-and-lose on D2?

4 minutes ago, Zander? said:

I deem what you're describing much more whiteknighting then pocketing.

White knighting is defending, as far as I know. Pocketing is winning friends and influencing people, or attempting to, when you're actually a wolf. At least how I look at it.

Thoughts on Verb's thoughts on me?

Just now, Cass said:

Isn't the point that if we NL today, we possibly get an extra day/space to be wrong, rather than potentially going into mislynch-and-lose on D2?

I think I know what Soohs saying here but maybe you just want her answer directly?

Just now, Cass said:

White knighting is defending, as far as I know. Pocketing is winning friends and influencing people, or attempting to, when you're actually a wolf. At least how I look at it.

Thoughts on Verb's thoughts on me?

White Knighting is protecting, but also guiding coaching explaining as well imo.

I think I just shared then a post or 2 ago unless it's somethibg else you mran.

3 minutes ago, Zander? said:

White Knighting is protecting, but also guiding coaching explaining as well imo.

I think I just shared then a post or 2 ago unless it's somethibg else you mran.

Just wanted to check I hadn't missed something.

But I don't think I did?

What do you think of Verb taking the stance he has on me, at this point?

Just now, Cass said:

But I don't think I did?

6 minutes ago, Zander? said:

I also would see Cass doing what verb mentioned as either alignment Cass is just genuinely nice kind and helpful at her core so I don't think helping a new player along is AI for her.

Just now, Cass said:

But I don't think I did?

Just now, Zander? said:

Unless you mean do i think it AI od verb for bringing it up?  I could see that coming from Verb as either alignment.