DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Slinky-slank mafia

Sooh

7 minutes ago, whiskey delta said:

Verbal would never leave a town!Leelou alive if he’s scum. That’s the only part of that you’re missing I think. Plus he was town reading her so I don’t think he’d ever make that shot on his own unless he was scum. You see?

only if I knew Cory’s powers exactly I could put that to bed.

I can't really comment on the first part since idk their history, other than they have a bunch.  Darthe/Hallia, do you think AJ's PoV makes sense wrt verbal?  I do think the part about the town read is probably valid though?  And yeah, I agree.  knowing Cory's powers would probably help lock the game.

5 minutes ago, TrippedOnReality said:

I can't really comment on the first part since idk their history, other than they have a bunch.  Darthe/Hallia, do you think AJ's PoV makes sense wrt verbal?  I do think the part about the town read is probably valid though?  And yeah, I agree.  knowing Cory's powers would probably help lock the game.

The "standard" JOAT is considered to be a one-shot Cop, one-shot Doctor, one-shot Vig, and one-shot Roleblocker.

Above quote taken from: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Jack-of-all-trades

No idea if that's accurate to this game, but maybe it's helpful.

Just now, VooDooNut said:

Above quote taken from: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Jack-of-all-trades

No idea if that's accurate to this game, but maybe it's helpful.

I've seen several flavors of JOAT over the years.  Not all of them include a vig, not all of them include a roleblocker.  I think every version I've seen has had a protective role (not always a doctor, I think I've seen a version with a jailkeeper once), and usually an investigative role (cop, tracker, watcher)  It's kind of one of those utility roles that can be customized to fit the balance of the game.

30 minutes ago, whiskey delta said:

The odd Night claim is just spicy enough to be true or a convenient lie after the Night results imo. Either way he’s off the table. Wolves basically have to shoot him and I don’t think he’s on a “team” per se.

What does that last part mean?  Almost sounds like you’re introducing a 3p scenario….

46 minutes ago, whiskey delta said:

I’ll just say without Cory’s post and flip that make this plausible I would be a lot more suspicious of Verb after Leelou’s flip and his already confirmed ability.

I think this answers your question just fine. You’re not getting lynched today and the scum can’t leave you alive so really I’m not that bothered. I’m more trying to narrow down who the wolves are and you’re not one in any world to me

D1 Vote count.  Wagons were tied on Dice and Hallia.  Color coded for readability.

On 7/11/2022 at 1:17 PM, Sooh said:

Official Vote Count

Dice (3) - Zander, Hallia, Leelou

Leelou (2) - Clov, Cory

Hallia (3) - AJ, Dice, Darthe, 

Sinister Death (2) - Verbal, SinisterDeath

Not Voting (2): Tripped, VooDoo

In case of a tie the kill will be randed.

Thanks for all the help Cass and others who have made vote counts ❤️

A couple posts later Voodoo pushes Hallia ahead.

On 7/11/2022 at 1:19 PM, VooDooNut said:

I'm putting my vote on @Halliafor now. Tone has definitely shifted since early game, as best as I can tell.

vote Hallia

I cross posted with my Dice vote, so wagons were still tied, this time at 4.

On 7/11/2022 at 1:21 PM, Sooh said:

Official Vote Count

Dice (4) - Zander, Hallia, Leelou, Tripped

Leelou (2) - Clov, Cory

Hallia (4) - AJ, Dice, Darthe, , VooDoo

Not Voting (0):

At this point wagons are pretty set and voodoo comes back with this:

On 7/11/2022 at 1:23 PM, VooDooNut said:

Can we just look at Dice/Hallia then? It would really simplify things. I still don't sus Dice but I'm willing to explore it

Cory comes in with this a couple posts later:

On 7/11/2022 at 1:24 PM, Cory Caboose said:

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

and then votes Hallia.

On 7/11/2022 at 1:25 PM, Cory Caboose said:

Unvote

Vote Hallia

Which would have put votes here:

Leelou (1) - Clov,

Hallia (5) - AJ, Dice, Darthe, VooDoo, Cory

Not Voting (0):

SD was self voting, but then Zander prompted him to move his vote, Zander moves to leelou and SD votes Dice, putting the wagons here:

Dice (4) - , Hallia, Leelou, Tripped, SinisterDeath

Leelou (1) - ClovZander

Hallia (5) - AJ, Dice, Darthe, , VooDoo, Cory

Sinister Death (1) - Verbal, 

Not Voting (0):

Darthe tries to move to Chris, but doesn't get any takers, verbal unvotes sinister and votes Dice:

Dice (5) - , Hallia, Leelou, Tripped, SinisterDeath, Verbal, 

Leelou (1) - ClovZander

Hallia (4) - AJ, Dice, VooDoo, Cory

Clov (1) - Darthe,

Then Darthe and zander try to go AJ, but it doesn't happen, and Darthe goes back to Hallia, tying them at 5 each with Zander waiting in the wings to break the tie, which he does, which results in this:

Dice (6) - , Hallia, Leelou, Tripped, SinisterDeath, Verbal, Zander

Leelou (1) - Clov

Hallia (5) - AJ, Dice, VooDoo, Cory, Darthe

Initially I was thinking voodoo pushing Hallia to 4 votes over Dice was a good look.  But he wasn't really suspecting Dice, so that would have been a little weird to vote there.  And voodoo even says they weren't sussing Dice but was open to considering it, after wanting to make wagons just Hallia/Dice for simplicity.  On the surface, there's really nothing wrong with that.  I can see that coming from a newbie!towny wanting to make things less complicated.  Being open to dice isn't the best look though, after saying they don't suspect them.  it feels weirdly hedgy/looking for an excuse to potentially move. 

But given the context of the votes, especially after Cory push Hallia ahead, I think it would have been a lot harder for voodoo to move their vote if they were teamed. I also think it would have been a little weird to vote Leelou given it was pretty clear they weren't going to be the yeet for the day and stopped being an option once Cory moved.  In a world of Hallia/SD/Voodoo, reducing the wagons to Dice/Hallia is a better option than Hallia/Sinister (though arguably no one was going to yeet sinister D1, so that's probably not as big of a deal).  It also would have required the three of them to vote together if voodoo moves of hallia, which is generally not ideal.

If mafia!hallia flips, SD looks worse but voodoo looks a lot better, if town!dice flips, then SD looks a little worse for being on confirmed town, hallia was voting for self-preservation, so that vote would be NAI, and voodoo not voting for someone he wasn't suspecting looks ~fine.

I also think SD's vote looked the most suspect since he was town reading dice and scum reading hallia, but ended up voting Dice at the end.  given his gameplay so far, I could see a world where town!SD would somehow enjoy the chaos of letting it go random since that was supposedly his goal, but given the context around everything else, the vote just looks bad.

@TrippedOnReality that looks good but Hallia is the lynch pin there and if she’s town it doesn’t matter so I guess my question comes down to do you think she is scum?

Is there ever a scenario where Darthe and Hallia are both town? Do you agree with what Darthe is saying about her not being hammered yet as being indicative of her being scum?

16 minutes ago, whiskey delta said:

@TrippedOnReality that looks good but Hallia is the lynch pin there and if she’s town it doesn’t matter so I guess my question comes down to do you think she is scum?

Is there ever a scenario where Darthe and Hallia are both town? Do you agree with what Darthe is saying about her not being hammered yet as being indicative of her being scum?

Unless it's exactly verbal/SD/voodoo, I think at least one of darthe/hallia have to be mafia, or we're missing something.  I really don't think it's darthe.  I know you mentioned possibility of 3P earlier which would probably mean a two person mafia team (3 person mafia team + 3P feels pretty unbalanced in a 12er), but we don't have any real evidence of a 3P role.  There's a logical explanation for the shot on Leelou given Cory's flip, so that feels a little...idk...something, especially in a game that was advertised as "mostly vanilla" and an awful lot of KP if Cory had a shot and verbal's claim is true.

Her not being hammered could be because she's scum.  If she's town, could be because wolves couldn't coordinate, or like she said earlier, Darthe is a wolf and they're waiting on a towny to vote there.  But if it's darthe I have a hard time making a reasonable team, he's been pretty towny most of the game, (start of D2 not withstanding), so I just don't think I'm ever going to get there if it's him.   

I admit the 3p spec is premature but knowing Verb and how it lines up coincidentally does bother me but I’m a tinfoiling idiot sometimes. If Cory had full claimed or his powers were included in the flip then I could put it to rest but that’s just where I’m at. This is the process I need to go thru to solve the game and that’s all that matters to me so I don’t really care how my speculation makes me “look” as long as I think it produces results.

This is me. WhiskeyD

5 minutes ago, whiskey delta said:

I admit the 3p spec is premature but knowing Verb and how it lines up coincidentally does bother me but I’m a tinfoiling idiot sometimes. If Cory had full claimed or his powers were included in the flip then I could put it to rest but that’s just where I’m at. This is the process I need to go thru to solve the game and that’s all that matters to me so I don’t really care how my speculation makes me “look” as long as I think it produces results.

This is me. WhiskeyD

No, I get it.  I've been reading for most of the day, and I feel like i'm just chasing my tail and being dumb going through possibilities and then talking myself out of them.   

I’d bet the W that this game doesn’t have 3p.  I’ve always been pretty good at setups, and for this game to have a 3p to me that means it would have to have another town power role.  None of them have claimed, so no dice there.

Id expect the setup to be 1 JOAT and all vanilla w vanilla wolves or 1 joat and a 1-2 shot vig with 1 wolf having a BPV.  Effectively, odd night vig is a weaker form of a 2 shot vig in this setup.

Tbh the vig is a bit unlikely, because its a lot of swing in a game that doesn’t have other PRs, but that’s why I keep saying if verb doesn’t hit a wolf or the night ends with 1 kill instead of 2, lynch him.  Don’t hesitate and don’t question it.

4 hours ago, TrippedOnReality said:

D1 Vote count.  Wagons were tied on Dice and Hallia.  Color coded for readability.

A couple posts later Voodoo pushes Hallia ahead.

I cross posted with my Dice vote, so wagons were still tied, this time at 4.

At this point wagons are pretty set and voodoo comes back with this:

Cory comes in with this a couple posts later:

and then votes Hallia.

Which would have put votes here:

Leelou (1) - Clov,

Hallia (5) - AJ, Dice, Darthe, VooDoo, Cory

Not Voting (0):

SD was self voting, but then Zander prompted him to move his vote, Zander moves to leelou and SD votes Dice, putting the wagons here:

Dice (4) - , Hallia, Leelou, Tripped, SinisterDeath

Leelou (1) - ClovZander

Hallia (5) - AJ, Dice, Darthe, , VooDoo, Cory

Sinister Death (1) - Verbal, 

Not Voting (0):

Darthe tries to move to Chris, but doesn't get any takers, verbal unvotes sinister and votes Dice:

Dice (5) - , Hallia, Leelou, Tripped, SinisterDeath, Verbal, 

Leelou (1) - ClovZander

Hallia (4) - AJ, Dice, VooDoo, Cory

Clov (1) - Darthe,

Then Darthe and zander try to go AJ, but it doesn't happen, and Darthe goes back to Hallia, tying them at 5 each with Zander waiting in the wings to break the tie, which he does, which results in this:

Dice (6) - , Hallia, Leelou, Tripped, SinisterDeath, Verbal, Zander

Leelou (1) - Clov

Hallia (5) - AJ, Dice, VooDoo, Cory, Darthe

Initially I was thinking voodoo pushing Hallia to 4 votes over Dice was a good look.  But he wasn't really suspecting Dice, so that would have been a little weird to vote there.  And voodoo even says they weren't sussing Dice but was open to considering it, after wanting to make wagons just Hallia/Dice for simplicity.  On the surface, there's really nothing wrong with that.  I can see that coming from a newbie!towny wanting to make things less complicated.  Being open to dice isn't the best look though, after saying they don't suspect them.  it feels weirdly hedgy/looking for an excuse to potentially move. 

But given the context of the votes, especially after Cory push Hallia ahead, I think it would have been a lot harder for voodoo to move their vote if they were teamed. I also think it would have been a little weird to vote Leelou given it was pretty clear they weren't going to be the yeet for the day and stopped being an option once Cory moved.  In a world of Hallia/SD/Voodoo, reducing the wagons to Dice/Hallia is a better option than Hallia/Sinister (though arguably no one was going to yeet sinister D1, so that's probably not as big of a deal).  It also would have required the three of them to vote together if voodoo moves of hallia, which is generally not ideal.

If mafia!hallia flips, SD looks worse but voodoo looks a lot better, if town!dice flips, then SD looks a little worse for being on confirmed town, hallia was voting for self-preservation, so that vote would be NAI, and voodoo not voting for someone he wasn't suspecting looks ~fine.

This was a super helpful post.

10 minutes ago, VooDooNut said:

SD's self-voting  earlier in the game still seems weird to me.

If you are town the game can basically be divided in half 3/3

if you had to place the roster into those two bins, how do you think that would look and why would you place them there?