DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How did Rand get into the Stone of Tear?

wallpad

He climbed in. Mat actually sees someone that could have been Rand' date=' either that or some random Aiel.[/quote']

Yup, it's from Mat's point of view where he sees one man could be Rand or just another Aiel climbing up the wall of the Stone... followed by a LOT of Aiel also climbing the wall.

That's just too much work for Mat Cathoun though... especially when he's got a tidy bundle of explosives to make a neat hole to sneak in through. :D

I once set off a quarter tin (maybe 1/8lb) of gun powder with the tin inside a sealed wooden box. I was about 50ft away and still couldn't hear for about 2 days. His was about a backpacks worth wrapped up to maximize the explosion. I think it was plenty loud.

Rand climbed into the stone of tear apart from mats pov when he sees someone climbing up the side of the fortress in Rands pov there is this "his side ached; the old wound burned, strained almost to tearing from the climb up the side of the fortress." in the chapter into the stone

• 14 years later...

Chapter 54 page 630

Mat's perspective - " 'a hundred bloody paces. Maybe a hundred twenty. Burn me, even Rand would not try to climb that.'

Suddenly he blinked, and squinted at the side of the stone. There was some fool climbing it, just visible as a moving shadow in the moonlight, and over halfway up already, with a drop of seventy paces to the pavement under his feet."

Considering that in the next paragraph the Aiel discovers mat, and Sandar discovers them both, all at the same entry area, you can assume that it was Rand climbing the stone. Otherwise why would Jordan also make Mat comment about Rand and climbing it in the first paragraph. 

I only just read past this part for the first time, and then went back and re-read it to be sure. 

17 minutes ago, Myke Ov Oi said:

Chapter 54 page 630

Mat's perspective - " 'a hundred bloody paces. Maybe a hundred twenty. Burn me, even Rand would not try to climb that.'

Suddenly he blinked, and squinted at the side of the stone. There was some fool climbing it, just visible as a moving shadow in the moonlight, and over halfway up already, with a drop of seventy paces to the pavement under his feet."

Considering that in the next paragraph the Aiel discovers mat, and Sandar discovers them both, all at the same entry area, you can assume that it was Rand climbing the stone. Otherwise why would Jordan also make Mat comment about Rand and climbing it in the first paragraph. 

I only just read past this part for the first time, and then went back and re-read it to be sure. 

Reading further Chapter 54, page 638

Rand's perspective - " His side ached; the old wound burned, strained almost to tearing by the climb up the side of the fortress."

Rand climbed in, before the others showed up. How he specifically got in, not sure. Mat had to blow a hole in an arrow slit with the fireworks, but the 100+ Aiel were also able to get in somehow. So you'd have to assume there were various points of entry.