DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Season 1 Discussion (Full Book Spoilers) v2.1

SinisterDeath

So Loial Uno and Anglemar dead. (Or formulaic isn’t he is he season ender)

Moraine stilled already

Nynaeve (of course) defeated the Trollocs, not Rand… and raised from the dead. Sure, why not.

Rand runs away.

Book story totally decimated now.

Bravo Rafe. Bravo.

I’m not sure if this was possibly the worst episode yet!?

- Lews Therin was a disappointment.

- Moiraine saying don’t touch anything in the Blight whilst literally having twigs in her hair and then sitting on the trees. 
- Nynaeve somehow knowing Moiraine has a ‘tell’ when tracking that Lan wouldn’t know about. What even is a tracking ‘tell’ come on!!

- Egwene’s acting has really tailed off, especially during the crying scene with Perrin. 
- Lord Agelmar dying this early. 
- the Horn of Valere just sitting under a chair in the most at risk city near the Blight. 
- the women having the massive one power / super girls scene again.

- Somehow burning out despite not being possible when linked. 

- a random, slightly trained, weakling in the power being able to cast lightning and wipe out between 5,000 (when fighting the men) and 40,000 (when fighting the 5 women) trollocs. 
- Rand already being told that he can reshape reality, not just channel. 
- Moiraine being gentled.

- The Horn of Valere just being in a plastic looking box.  
- Mat again being implied as inherently evil. 
- EGWENE BRINGING NYNAEVE BACK FROM THE DEAD. 
- still the way channeling is shown, with all the arm waving looks very much like The Magicians series. So off putting. 

The whole thing was just a massive mess and a disappointment. 

I'm fairly certain Moiraine was not stilled but had a shield tied off on her. It look nothing like what happened to Logain, and instead looked a lot like when he was being shielded.

I can't imagine they're actually allowing channellers to heal death so Nyneave must have been near death. Hopefully. Because otherwise that just seems crazy.

If they killed Loial then I'm pretty disgusted to be honest. That's just purely trying to shock people. Except it doesn't even work that well because I don't think Loial has been developped enough to really make people care about him.

Unfortunately I didn't like anything from the cold open. LTT acting seemingly out of arrogance instead of desperation. LPD wearing the ring of Tamyrlin instead of him. Watcher of the Flame? That doesn't even make sense. The acting was nice and I like the call forward of LTT's outfit to the Ashaman outfit. But I don't see the point of some of these changes. Yes they don't matter much but still.

Most of the episode I enjoyed. I get why they split the battle at the gap from Rand's struggle at the eye, but after so much building up of the DR's power I feel like that fell flat a little. Ishamael was the best part of the episode in my opinion.

I just feel empty inside right now.

I really enjoyed elements of this show. I loved the cast.

But....Rafe just fundamentally understands this show in a different way than I do. I wanted to liked this show. I really did. I loved seeing Beltine. I loved seeing Tigraine be BA.

I love all the actors.

But the story. It's just not the story I love. And I get sick thinking about it right now. I'll be fine and move on. Life doesn't revolve around fictional stories after all. But there is an element of grief at the moment.

*sigh*

Peace friends. I"m done. I can't put myself through this for another season. 

I am so frustrated after watching that I basically can’t sleep. 

It’s so odd. I understand they wanted to pick up a show with a level of name recognition but if they didn’t like WoT then why bother pretending to make it?

If the characters didn’t have these names, there is almost no chance that anyone would realise that the show is meant to be WoT

The whole thing has drained me. I thought episode 4 was a bit of a turning point but it has fell of a cliff edge since then, with the final episode being someone dropping a boulder on the broken bits after hitting the ground. 

Just now, Arthellion said:

I just feel empty inside right now.

I really enjoyed elements of this show. I loved the cast.

But....Rafe just fundamentally understands this show in a different way than I do. I wanted to liked this show. I really did. I loved seeing Beltine. I loved seeing Tigraine be BA.

I love all the actors.

But the story. It's just not the story I love. And I get sick thinking about it right now. I'll be fine and move on. Life doesn't revolve around fictional stories after all. But there is an element of grief at the moment.

*sigh*

Peace friends. I"m done. I can't put myself through this for another season. 

I’ve basically just posted the same thing at the same time. 

I was originally so excited to watch this with my wife but after her boredom during the first couple of episodes, I’m really glad she stopped watching so I didn’t have to suffer the second hand embarrassment of her experiencing that final episode. 

• Community Administrator
25 minutes ago, MasterAblar said:

I can't imagine they're actually allowing channellers to heal death so Nyneave must have been near death. Hopefully. Because otherwise that just seems crazy.

Her eyes weren't burned black like the other two.

1 hour ago, Meskell said:

I am so frustrated after watching that I basically can’t sleep. 

It’s so odd. I understand they wanted to pick up a show with a level of name recognition but if they didn’t like WoT then why bother pretending to make it?

If the characters didn’t have these names, there is almost no chance that anyone would realise that the show is meant to be WoT

The whole thing has drained me. I thought episode 4 was a bit of a turning point but it has fell of a cliff edge since then, with the final episode being someone dropping a boulder on the broken bits after hitting the ground. 

I feel this so much. I honestly believe they should have thrown 10 million at a reputable writer and got a completely original story written instead of destroying one that was already established and loved. 

Lots of mystery primed for season 2! Was that really The Eye Of The World? When will Moiraine get rid of the tied-off shield? Where is Rand headed? How are Egwene and Nynaeve not abso-freakin-lutely terrified? What changes/additions will the show runners make with the time and budget increases for season 2? Now all we can do is wait.

...?

Why? Why all the unnecessary changes? Why the terrible casting choices? 
Why even call this the wheel of time?

Just name it something else instead of staining this amazing stories legacy?

The only thing this show has gotten close to correct was Matt and now Barney has left.

Just stop now and save some hope for a do over.

I was hoping for GoT quality but they gave us Shannarah.

This show is an atrocity. They are ruining everything that was great about this story.

After watching the final episode.. i think i can honestly say i dont care what happens next season.. if these characters in this show didn't have the names of characters from the books it would be almost unrecognisable. 

I am actually really upset. My missus is laughing at how upset i am over a tv show but i am cut. Rafe gone done screwed the pooch on this i think..

Obviously i am going to watch season 2 in hopes of an improvement but ep 8 was absolutely appalling.

1 minute ago, Quiksilver said:

Typical genius Mat move... Recognizes he's accidentally gotten into a dumpster fire, and nimbly jumps out. In 18 months when the show is cancelled, he will be recognized for this move.

Right? They need to fire Rafe and hire someone who will take this more seriously or it’s doomed.

Man did I love the episode. And while the season was a bit uneven at times I Cannot wait to see what they do for season 2.

It is an odd situation to be in, not knowing exactly what will happen.  But I imagine they will continue to hit all of the major plot points. I also expect a large jump in quality, assuming the Pandemic doesn't mess it up again.

Edited by CaddySedai

3 hours ago, Dead Warder said:

That's pretty cool - this I like. I love the books through and through - but for me the best intrigue I had with them were the small gems from the Second Age and the rare dust of the First Age. 

I dont know. It looks like a nice Easter Egg but it raises questions.

Why would people have even stopped living in those building if after 3000 years and surviving the breaking they are still in good enough condition to be standing and appear to just have some moss covering them.