DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Season 1 Discussion (Full Book Spoilers) v2.1

SinisterDeath

1 hour ago, SinisterDeath said:

It's odd to me that they didn't bring the horses with them. (Safety wise, I wouldn't bring horses up those steps!)
Wasn't Lan carrying something with him thru the gate?

He might of had a bag, you would think they would all of had their supplies.  Unless Lan is carrying everyones food and such

16 minutes ago, Sabio said:

He might of had a bag, you would think they would all of had their supplies.  Unless Lan is carrying everyones food and such

Or maybe they'll only be in the Ways for a couple of hours.  It wouldn't surprise me at all.  And they will come out within shouting distance of Fall Dara, so they can walk instead of needing their horses.

3 hours ago, Sabio said:

Is it odd they let the horses go without anyone apparently getting their supplies from the horses first?

I always loved this attention to detail in RJ's books. People always made time for supplies, planned their trips, etc. Some books are sloppy...we never learn how people eat, sleep, seek shelter. For me, these types of details help the reader thoroughly immerse oneself in the story. 

On a side note, when having trouble sleeping in years past, I would sometimes imagine myself in one of these adventure stories, focusing on the mundane details. What would it be like to flee from a potentially dangerous situation? How much time/planning would be necessary? What type of supplies would be needed? What type of precautions would I take? There's always an inn to stay at...what would the building look like? What about the common room? What kind of food/beverages would be available? A few minutes of this and I'd start to get very sleepy.

2 hours ago, SinisterDeath said:

It's odd to me that they didn't bring the horses with them. (Safety wise, I wouldn't bring horses up those steps!)
Wasn't Lan carrying something with him thru the gate?

He might of had a bag, you would think they would all of had their supplies.  Unless Lan is carrying everyones food and such.  For me it was less about seeing alot of detail and more about how quickly the horses were sent away without even a grab your gear or something order from Lan.

59 minutes ago, Sabio said:

Rand & Perrin were definitely carrying bags, I believe Nynaeve was carrying a pouch, and there were bags on the ground beside where Lan was standing.   It looks like Egwene is carrying something but her bag is mostly obscured by her clothing (except from a back shot)

1 minute ago, ArrylT said:

Rand & Perrin were definitely carrying bags, I believe Nynaeve was carrying a pouch, and there were bags on the ground beside where Lan was standing.   It looks like Egwene is carrying something but her bag is mostly obscured by her clothing (except from a back shot)

Loial is also carrying a pouch.

3 hours ago, Chivalry said:

On a side note, when having trouble sleeping in years past, I would sometimes imagine myself in one of these adventure stories, focusing on the mundane details. What would it be like to flee from a potentially dangerous situation? How much time/planning would be necessary? What type of supplies would be needed? What type of precautions would I take? There's always an inn to stay at...what would the building look like? What about the common room? What kind of food/beverages would be available? A few minutes of this and I'd start to get very sleepy.

I find comfort in knowing this. I actually do this most nights as a way to get to sleep.

10 minutes ago, notpropaganda73 said:

Ep7 Teaser is out: 

Oops, didn't see this post and made a new topic on it.

Oh boy there is some stuff to unpack here.  Firstly what is going on with Perrin!?!  Seems we will be getting the first manifestations of his wolf brother powers.

First appearance of Min!

Blood snow!

The Black Wind whispering madness?

Actually, is it Perrins wolf powers or Min's viewings?

Just now, Hobo said:

Correct me if im wrong.. but from memory and the impression i got from the book was that Fal Dara was a cold snowy place

The borderlands do get snow but the description of Shienar and particularly of Tarwins Gap does leave it fairly barren I believe.  It appears the show has moved Fal'Dara closer to Tarwins Gap.  Also Deserts can be fairly cold and can get snow.