DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Interviews and News Articles

WhiteVeils

25 minutes ago, ArrylT said:

https://tvline.com/2021/12/21/nielsen-streaming-rankings-wheel-of-time-prime-video/

Nielsen rankings arrive - more good news for WoT viewership.

I think the increase in book sales is also a pretty good sign of the interest in the show too. 
NYT  Best sellers Audio Fiction for December #5 THE EYE OF THE WORLD
This weeks Publishers Weekly,  Fantasy TEotW  #9
Amazon best sellers sci-fi-Fantasy: - box set books 1-3  #9,  TEoTw Audible book #10, TGH Audible book #17

WEEK OF DECEMBER 12, 2021

Amazon Most sold books: TEotW #10 
Amazon Most read books: TEotW #3, TGH #18 

44 minutes ago, ArrylT said:

https://tvline.com/2021/12/21/nielsen-streaming-rankings-wheel-of-time-prime-video/

Nielsen rankings arrive - more good news for WoT viewership.

Interesting, 

Nielsen notes that Wheel of Time is attracting a “slightly older audience profile” than most streaming titles, with 65 percent coming from the 35-64 age range, and the highest concentration of 50-64 of any show on this latest list.

52 minutes ago, Windigo said:

I think the increase in book sales is also a pretty good sign of the interest in the show too. 
NYT  Best sellers Audio Fiction for December #5 THE EYE OF THE WORLD
This weeks Publishers Weekly,  Fantasy TEotW  #9
Amazon best sellers sci-fi-Fantasy: - box set books 1-3  #9,  TEoTw Audible book #10, TGH Audible book #17

WEEK OF DECEMBER 12, 2021

Amazon Most sold books: TEotW #10 
Amazon Most read books: TEotW #3, TGH #18 

Yeah that is part of an argument I made a few weeks ago - that the longer this adaptation runs the more book sales will occur which continues to grow the franchise - eventually the fanbase will be big enough to demand new adaptations (either a new take on the books or additional WoT content).   

7 minutes ago, ArrylT said:

Yeah that is part of an argument I made a few weeks ago - that the longer this adaptation runs the more book sales will occur which continues to grow the franchise - eventually the fanbase will be big enough to demand new adaptations (either a new take on the books or additional WoT content).   

I am also hoping that it would be enough for the show runners to up the episodes for season 3 +, or at the least add to the extra content. 

https://www.cbr.com/wheel-of-time-josha-stradowski-interview/

Q: There was also, with Rand and Egwene, a love triangle revealed that we didn't even know about. Assuming that everybody survives and is back together at some point, how is this going to affect their friendships in the future?

One of the questions posed.  I wont spoil any of his answers.  

2 hours ago, Jaysen Gore said:

This might be really good, if there's a disproportionate number of new streamers on Prime as a result

It makes sense in that the groups align pretty well with the original book publication date age groups, so if this is existing fans or people aware of the books, then the growth in new viewers (and readers) are in the more common streaming audience of younger viewers. 
I know many who are enjoying the fact that they can share their favorite books with their kids or grand kids, and that it is also appropriate for a YA audience.

1,16 Billion viewing minutes in the first three days alone.

Quick math:

3 episodes, 54 min, 57 min, 57min = 168 minutes

1,16 billion / 168 = 6 904 762 viewers

Now, that is probably not very accurate but safe to say that millions watched the show in the first days. I know I saw them each 5+ times in that timezone ?

6 minutes ago, DaddyFinn said:

1,16 Billion viewing minutes in the first three days alone.

Quick math:

3 episodes, 54 min, 57 min, 57min = 168 minutes

1,16 billion / 168 = 6 904 762 viewers

Now, that is probably not very accurate but safe to say that millions watched the show in the first days. I know I saw them each 5+ times in that timezone ?

I was going to say. Us Wheel of Time fans, we’re a meticulous bunch. And have likely watched it multiple times. Does this count rewatches as well or single watches alone from each subscriber? 

18 minutes ago, Flamen said:

These are just preimire episodes numbers. Most of the viewers are older/book readers/.

My expectations are for significant viewers drop through the season. The show is nothing special and clearly unfaithful book adaptation.

Serious.jpg

26 minutes ago, Flamen said:

These are just preimire episodes numbers. Most of the viewers are older/book readers/.

My expectations are for significant viewers drop through the season. The show is nothing special and clearly unfaithful book adaptation.

I think it will be the opposite and viewers will increase. 
I can only go by my own anecdotal information from friends co-workers and family. 
Now that it has had enough episodes many older people are tuning in as they have heard it is not a sex fest like GoT. 
Younger people like my own kids are waiting for winter holiday to binge watch the season. 
More and more co-workers (non-book readers) are watching it as word spreads. 

11 hours ago, Ralph said:

It's all the hatewatching from some book readers ?

It's all part of Bezos' plot: systematically crushing reader's expectations again and again and again for that sweet hatewatching money. Alternatively, he knows that Musk is a big fan and he's willing to spend 100s of millions in a game of billionaire one-downs-manship.

1 hour ago, WhiteVeils said:

I know some people are holding off watching so they can binge the whole set.

This is the point I was going to make - we haven't heard from the bingers yet, and it's over the holidays to boot.  So I'll be quite curious to see the episode 1 numbers over the next two weeks, and if they radically spike.

And that doesn't count those of us who plan on watching the whole thing again

2 hours ago, Frenata said:

It's all part of Bezos' plot: systematically crushing reader's expectations again and again and again for that sweet hatewatching money. Alternatively, he knows that Musk is a big fan and he's willing to spend 100s of millions in a game of billionaire one-downs-manship.

What a time to be alive.

2 hours ago, Frenata said:

Are you seriously suggesting he is “ruining” Wheel of Time in a Rockefeller vs. Carnegie style tit for tat?…or is this a joke? I can’t tell. Historically there is precedence for rich people doing petty stuff like this, like Rockefeller buying an ore mine and undercutting steel prices to prove a point to Carnegie. So, yeah, does happen. I can’t remember which of the two didn’t drink but the other would send a bottle of Scotch as a dig against them, and the other would send a “poor man’s” waistcoat to remind the other of their modest beginnings; But I want receipts for this if you mean it. Show me the CarFax. 

https://tvline.com/2021/12/22/the-wheel-of-time-viewership-season-2-plans/

TVLINE | With Wheel of Time, was there any window in the process where, gaining a sense of how it might perform, you were able to say, “You know what? Go even bigger with Season 2″?

Answer:
Yes. Rafe has been a fantastic leader — thoughtful, kind, really dedicated to trying to do this the right way — and Rosamund as well. So we absolutely went into Season 2 with a real conversation about, “What can we do even better now that we have introduced this giant world and established these characters? So I will absolutely predict that Season 2 will be bigger, bolder, and a more expansive Wheel of Time.

5 minutes ago, DaddyFinn said:

Thank you for posting. 

This is interesting

TVLINE | How soon after a show like Wheel of Time premieres do you at the office see things trending in such a very right direction?
We track our content in a number of ways, and I have to say, Wheel of Time has just been so fantastic. It’s fantastic to see not only the huge numbers of people who have checked it out, but since the incredible premiere we’ve also tracked tremendous growth, which is extraordinarily encouraging for the future of this show. New people are coming on board and checking the show out, new people are tracking it week-to-week…. And we are seeing those same patterns not only in the U.,S. but across the globe. In layman’s terms, it’s a show that has great staying power.