DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Moiraine Month: Being Moiraine (game)

Cross

1 hour ago, Cross said:

your decision to leave early is wise, and you make it out of the two rivers with the dragon reborn, unsaddled by the women's circle. though doing so you have alienated a good chunk of them and demoralized a few others. perhaps even made an enemy of Nyneave, the wilder with untapped potential

Alright! That’s actually a little better than I’d hoped for. Are you allowed to be Moiraine more than twice? If so, can I go again please?

@Asha'man Shar'aman

hypothetically, if you were in the same position as the aes sedai who were faced with Rand post-kidnapping, where they were either banished or forced to serve the Wise women as apprentices, which choice would you take, and how would you work within said choice to help guide Rand's footsteps?

On 7/12/2021 at 5:27 PM, Cross said:

@Asha'man Shar'aman

hypothetically, if you were in the same position as the aes sedai who were faced with Rand post-kidnapping, where they were either banished or forced to serve the Wise women as apprentices, which choice would you take, and how would you work within said choice to help guide Rand's footsteps?

I would serve the Wise Ones as an apprentice. Not only can I learn things from them, but if I show that I am willing to bow to Rand's authority, then he will trust me more. I would try to influence the Wise Ones if I couldn't get to Rand, but if I could get to him, then I would take small steps in guiding him until he trusts me more. 

Sorry not to have been a lot around lately ?

Me Moraine, I have waited those rumors to grew and work for me. Now, with the other Aes Sedai who is acting as advisor for the King or Queen, I ask to talk with him/her a very private court hearing.

I'm going to tell the regnant that The White Tower has discovered somebody is plotting against them (probably they have already heard those rumors).

I'm going to tell them that a plot is about a sa'angreal hidden in the royal palace.

I'm going to offer my help, to find the sa'angreal and understand what is better to do.

If they accept I will keep on.

(there is no lie here, the plot is real... I'm the one who is plotting)

@Asha'man Shar'aman

you have chosen wisely. working within the system rand has established earns you a modicum of respect, and latitude that grows the more you serve

@Skelos

once you 'discover' where the sa'angreal is, how do you plan on convincing the ruler to let it go? as it's been an integral part of the royalty for generations. the threat of a 'plot' against them wanes once they know what and where the sa'angreal is. they're now more concerned about the impact of its removal will have on the throne and their rule. choosing rather than giving the object up to ferret out the perpetrator of the plot against them. 

• 2 weeks later...

I would look for Lan. That's certain. I would bring the children with me, teaching them how to channel along the way, while setting a false track for Darkfriends to follow. I would change all our clothes and horses and send the old ones away in another direction. 

Is that good enough?

@SableSage  the false trail works for the darkfriends but not the forsaken who had taken Lan. they lie in wait having used Lan to draw you out. the three obstinate young women do not train easy and because of that they learn slow. both slowing and dividing your attention. as such you catch onto the trap only a hair before what would have been your doom. 

however you are now faced with protecting the woman, keeping yourself alive, and getting through a forsaken. it is not a winning task. two of the women die having been paralyzed with fear. the other runs but is wounded.  your choices are now further pulled in opposite directions. retreat to save the one woman, plow forward through the forsaken to Lan

• Elgee unpinned this topic