DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

May roll call 2021

23 minutes ago, Lavandula said:

Well I just wasn't sure what I knew or not?? 

Yeah, no worries! I didn’t expect Illian to come back, so I am still trying to figure out what is going on. I am glad he did, just confused as to what it means. 

Haha..it's more the rules of not sharing info from pm's, I go by the rule everything is of the table, cause what is private to some is not for others and other way around, so better just not "know" anything at all is my philosophy? 

tenor.gif?itemid=5163461

Hm..that be no good..I'm no expert but either it means a goat will eat our curtains, or if we can't muster up active mods they will throw 20 000 pounds of dynamite and a lit match inside, close the door and call it a day..It may also mean someone burned the last batch of brownies though..? 

• RP - LEGACY

Dar'Jen Ab Owain

Asha'man

Light

While I prefer a good book, I appreciate a movie, obviously for time constraints. As to adaptations of books, I do generally prefer the source material, but can critique the creative licenses used in bringing it to a different medium.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2021 at 11:24 PM, Asha'man Shar'aman said:

Not a bad representation of what actually happened. As far as I understand, Illian is the M’Hael, I am Logain, and we both substitute for the Dragon until we can get a replacement? Then once we do, if it was one of us, we appoint a new Faction Leader in our place since I don’t believe the Dragon can lead both the BT and a Faction. That’s my understanding of it anyway. 

*waiting silently for the dragon while wrecking havoc*

Cry Havoc and let slip the dogs of war - GIF on Imgur

Guest Wolfbrother31

Ok, so I'm a newbie, and do not know what is going on!

1) Do we do a roll call every month?

2) How do I find what rank and faction I am?

But here's my best guess at doing this based on others posts:

I'm Wolf

I'm a Soldier, I'm sure...

I would like to be in the light faction, but don't know for sure if I picked something else at some point?

Also, how do I get more points? If I'm stronger with the power and destroy people in arguments can I get promotions? ?

Edited by Wolfbrother31

8 minutes ago, Wolfbrother31 said:

Ok, so I'm a newbie, and do not know what is going on!

1) Do we do a roll call every month?

2) How do I find what rank and faction I am?

But here's my best guess at doing this based on others posts:

I'm Wolf

I'm a Soldier, I'm sure...

I would like to be in the light faction, but don't know for sure if I picked something else at some point?

Also, how do I get more points? If I'm stronger with the power and destroy people in arguments can I get promotions? ?

Yes. We do one roll call once a month. The reason we have two this month is because SinisterDeath needed to know who was active in order to make some admin decisions. Normally there is only one. 

Go to the Points thread here. This will tell you your total number of points, as well as your rank. Your Faction, you will just have to remember. 

Correct on the name, but wrong on the rank. You are a Civilian right now, because you only have 10 points and it takes 30 to become a Soldier. Once you become a Soldier, you can pick a Faction. 
Your roll call should look like this:

Wolf

Civie (or Civilian)

No Faction yet

Once you edit your roll call to look like the above, I will give you the points for the roll call. 
How you get points is explained in the points thread I linked. You get 5 points for answering the roll call and another five for answering the roll call question. Other than that, you can get points by playing games where the rules say you get points for playing, being helpful, and just a good BT member in general. 

Umm. No. Explaining something to people who don’t understand is helpful, and would likely earn you points, but not arguing with someone. If you win an argument with someone who is being mean and you stop them from being a jerk, then that would be helpful, and likely earn you points. 

If you have more questions, feel free to ask, though if they are not roll call related, then please ask them here in the Welcome to the Black Tower thread, so the roll call doesn’t get cluttered. Have a good day!

Guest Wolfbrother31

Oh. Thanks @Asha'man Shar'aman. This was helpful. And, um, who awards the points/decides if something was helpful? Do you give yourself points? 

Wolf

Civilian

No faction.

In general, books ... Most movie or tv adaptations have been disappointments in my opinion. Except for LoTR, Harry Potter, and the Hunger Games. 

6 minutes ago, Wolfbrother31 said:

Oh. Thanks @Asha'man Shar'aman. This was helpful. And, um, who awards the points/decides if something was helpful? Do you give yourself points? 

Wolf

Civilian

No faction.

In general, books ... Most movie or tv adaptations have been disappointments in my opinion. Except for LoTR, Harry Potter, and the Hunger Games. 

The Faction Leaders or the Dragon mostly. Asha’man first level and above can award some points per month, but not many. The Faction Leaders (Illian Tear is the Shadow leader, and I am standing in for the Light leader) can award thirty points per month, while there is no limit for the Dragon. You might find it helpful to read this thread here. It is a little outdated (Faction Leaders and who the Dragon is) but overall it should give you the information you need. For example, if you do something helpful like start an interesting game, or help a newbie get around, then that would catch my attention, and I would award you points for helping out. Does that answer all of your questions?

Ah..well it is like this; sometimes two people write something in about the same timeframe, and then one pushes the button before the other, and right when the other one pushes the button there's this sound like a bell, and right when your message is shared you get this black line saying someone else posted before you.. No worries it happens all the time really. Besides I linked to the excact post in question since it seemed difficult to find, so not excactly the same anyways? 

But um...talking about questions in threads..one of my ideas in the ideas thread would cover that...just sayin'?

Edited by Lavandula

2 hours ago, Lavandula said:

Ah..well it is like this; sometimes two people write something in about the same timeframe, and then one pushes the button before the other, and right when the other one pushes the button there's this sound like a bell, and right when your message is shared you get this black line saying someone else posted before you.. No worries it happens all the time really. Besides I linked to the excact post in question since it seemed difficult to find, so not excactly the same anyways? 

But um...talking about questions in threads..one of my ideas in the ideas thread would cover that...just sayin'?

Ahh. I've had that happen before. Which one? I just checked your ideas in the Suggestion Box, and didn't see anything that looked like what you mentioned.