DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ideas for Scenes that are not in the books I would love to see in Amazon's show

Greggbert

I've been thinking about some scenes that I think would be awesome in the show that were not in the actual books.

Alternate first scene:

If they must show the beginning scene of dragonmount, they should keep it short, and have Lewis Therin see his dead wife, see blood on his hands and then scream really loud (no forsaken taunting and that crap).  Then have a special effects montage that shows the breaking from satelite view in super fast motion along with brief zoom-in teaser scenes of the trolloc wars, hawkwing surrounding tar valon, the fall of Aradohol, and then zooming into a mid battle scene on the slopes of dragonmount where Sharin is dying and giving birth and zooms in on rands crying mouth .  The older man's scream can still be heard in the background until it changes into a baby's cry.

The first scene of the show should be moraine as a kid and her brother/sister listening at the door to a room where her parents are discussing how Tegraine has left and it's made King Lehman unstable.   As the other kids watch she holds the blue stone which glows and the voices of the adults come out of the stone.  They're discussing whether they should move against Lehman or try to talk him out of cutting down the tree.   An Aes Sadi inside the room can feel the power being used and opens the door to where the kids are hiding.  Everyone gasps and The aes Sadai tells moraines mother, "She has the spark" I will be back for her when she is of age, or something that makes everyone else in the room uncomfortable and her siblings shrink away from her.

Next cut is the white tower on the day that Rand is born.  Moraine and Siuan are serving the Amerlyn Seat and Jitara Moroso gives her prediction.   As she talks the scene zooms out the window over the mountain and down the other side where rand is born.  This time the camera focuses on his mother's dying face and it fades back into dying face of Jitara Sadeai in the white tower.  Where Swan and Moraine are stunned looking at each other.

Then they should paly the opening musing music.  That would be soo cool.

I like your proposed Tigraine scene but I think the connection between a baby and dragonmount, at least until Callandor will depend on how mysterious the showrunners want it.

The other scene won't work because Moiraine ran away to prevent being Queen and I don't think the Cairheinen would make a channeler queen. What is possible is we have a flashback of Moiraine getting caught, with no one else around, the Aes Sedai tells her that with training, she could be quite strong.

I like your concepts.

My take is that it is unlikely we will get any material from the EotW prologue.

I'll be interested to see if they do a 'young Moiraine'. It seems likely, as there was an actress cast as young Siuan. But I suspect they may retcon both characters a bit and have them in the tower as much younger Novices. 

Here's a possibility:

They begin with Moiraine arriving at the Tower as a young girl. Rosamund begins narrating, "as a child, I learned of the White Tower..." And then they go through a montage of Moriaine's early life at the Tower. She meets young Siuan, and does Novice stuff. They show her learning to make weaves as Rosamund narrates something like, "there I was taught how to channel Saidar, the female half of the One Power." And then some footage of Reds capturing a male channeler while she narrates about protecting the world from men who go crazy because of the corruption on Saidin. And then end with something like, "my training has led me to understand one crucial thing ... never underestimate the women in this tower."

Then they cut to just outside the White Tower. The Battle of the Shining Walls is underway. The armies are battling. We see Laman (we know this by his crown) fighting. He goes down when a veiled warrior stabs him with a spear. The warrior bends over, picks up Laman's sword, then turns his back to the battlefield and begins to jog away. Other veiled warriors start to do the same. The City's defenders appear confused. We pan across the city to the Tower and then in through a window where we find...

Accepted Siuan and Moiraine are snuggling, talking about the Aiel War. When will it ever end? Will the Tower get involved? Some dialogue about Laman cutting down the Tree and how the Aiel went crazy. Another Accepted pokes her head in and tells them they need to attend the Amyrlin.

Cut to the slopes of Dragonmount. Tigraine is alone, stumbling through the snow. Obviously pregnant. She stumbles into a crevice in the rock. It's clear she is about to give birth. Fighting is still going on nearby. She screams in pain.

Back to Moiraine and Siuan. Now they are in the Amyrlin's study attending her. Gitara asks for some tea and Moiraine brings it. A servant comes in bringing a reporting to the Amyrlin: Lehman is dead and the Aiel are leaving the battlefield. Gitara takes the tea from Moiraine's hands, then her eyes go white and she drops the tea. She stiffens and says, "He is born again! I feel him. The Dragon takes his first breath on the slope of Dragonmount! He is coming!" Then she collapses dead.

Back to Dragonmount. Tigraine is dead. A baby is next to her wailing. And we see Tam's back as he walks over, bends down, and picks the baby up.

Cut to Opening Credits...

I think Lahman will come up but not right in the very beginning. Right now, fans are the only ones who know Lahman from Luke Skywalker but his name will be known by audiences eventually. In the beginning, you need impact scenes and I don't see a beginning one. Now we could get a flashback of teenage Moiraine using the stone to listen to servants or something and then cut to adult Moiraine with it in her hair.

@Elder_HamanHadn't they already killed Laman in Caihrein?

Edited by mistborn82

10 minutes ago, mistborn82 said:

I think Lahman will come up but not right in the very beginning. Right now, fans are the only ones who know Lahman from Luke Skywalker but his name will be known by audiences eventually. In the beginning, you need impact scenes and I don't see a beginning one. Now we could get a flashback of teenage Moiraine using the stone to listen to servants or something and then cut to adult Moiraine with it in her hair.

@Elder_HamanHadn't they already killed Laman in Caihrein?

Laman was killed on the battlefield at Tar Valon, if I'm not mistaken.

On 3/25/2021 at 5:08 AM, Elder_Haman said:

I like your concepts.

My take is that it is unlikely we will get any material from the EotW prologue.

I'll be interested to see if they do a 'young Moiraine'. It seems likely, as there was an actress cast as young Siuan. But I suspect they may retcon both characters a bit and have them in the tower as much younger Novices. 

Here's a possibility:

They begin with Moiraine arriving at the Tower as a young girl. Rosamund begins narrating, "as a child, I learned of the White Tower..." And then they go through a montage of Moriaine's early life at the Tower. She meets young Siuan, and does Novice stuff. They show her learning to make weaves as Rosamund narrates something like, "there I was taught how to channel Saidar, the female half of the One Power." And then some footage of Reds capturing a male channeler while she narrates about protecting the world from men who go crazy because of the corruption on Saidin. And then end with something like, "my training has led me to understand one crucial thing ... never underestimate the women in this tower."

Then they cut to just outside the White Tower. The Battle of the Shining Walls is underway. The armies are battling. We see Laman (we know this by his crown) fighting. He goes down when a veiled warrior stabs him with a spear. The warrior bends over, picks up Laman's sword, then turns his back to the battlefield and begins to jog away. Other veiled warriors start to do the same. The City's defenders appear confused. We pan across the city to the Tower and then in through a window where we find...

Accepted Siuan and Moiraine are snuggling, talking about the Aiel War. When will it ever end? Will the Tower get involved? Some dialogue about Laman cutting down the Tree and how the Aiel went crazy. Another Accepted pokes her head in and tells them they need to attend the Amyrlin.

Cut to the slopes of Dragonmount. Tigraine is alone, stumbling through the snow. Obviously pregnant. She stumbles into a crevice in the rock. It's clear she is about to give birth. Fighting is still going on nearby. She screams in pain.

Back to Moiraine and Siuan. Now they are in the Amyrlin's study attending her. Gitara asks for some tea and Moiraine brings it. A servant comes in bringing a reporting to the Amyrlin: Lehman is dead and the Aiel are leaving the battlefield. Gitara takes the tea from Moiraine's hands, then her eyes go white and she drops the tea. She stiffens and says, "He is born again! I feel him. The Dragon takes his first breath on the slope of Dragonmount! He is coming!" Then she collapses dead.

Back to Dragonmount. Tigraine is dead. A baby is next to her wailing. And we see Tam's back as he walks over, bends down, and picks the baby up.

Cut to Opening Credits...

Maybe saving the EOTW Prologue for the S2 opening, does make some sense as that is when the confirmation that Rand is the DR will come. I think S1 will begin with the capture of Logain. 

Not a bad synopsis for the opening Prologue but i would add one thing, have the Accepted who puts her head in, Elaida in not a good mood and the 2 girls actually identify Elaida, setting the scene for whats to come.

Opening Credits, i would have a 7 spoke Wheel slowly turning with the numbers 1-7 on each Spoke and as a spoke comes up on Camera a actor name comes up starting with Rosamund, then Lan, then the EF5, don’t think anyone else will be regarded as Series regulars in S1 

On 3/25/2021 at 5:35 AM, Elder_Haman said:

Laman was killed on the battlefield at Tar Valon, if I'm not mistaken.

The whole point of the invasion was to kill Laman for his sin, if Laman had been killed in Carhien then the Aiel would have immediately returned to the Waste and Rand would have been born in a Hold somewhere in the Waste, creating an entirely different story. 

Edited by Harldin

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2021 at 1:43 AM, Greggbert said:

I've been thinking about some scenes that I think would be awesome in the show that were not in the actual books.

Alternate first scene:

If they must show the beginning scene of dragonmount, they should keep it short, and have Lewis Therin see his dead wife, see blood on his hands and then scream really loud (no forsaken taunting and that crap).  Then have a special effects montage that shows the breaking from satelite view in super fast motion along with brief zoom-in teaser scenes of the trolloc wars, hawkwing surrounding tar valon, the fall of Aradohol, and then zooming into a mid battle scene on the slopes of dragonmount where Sharin is dying and giving birth and zooms in on rands crying mouth .  The older man's scream can still be heard in the background until it changes into a baby's cry.

The first scene of the show should be moraine as a kid and her brother/sister listening at the door to a room where her parents are discussing how Tegraine has left and it's made King Lehman unstable.   As the other kids watch she holds the blue stone which glows and the voices of the adults come out of the stone.  They're discussing whether they should move against Lehman or try to talk him out of cutting down the tree.   An Aes Sadi inside the room can feel the power being used and opens the door to where the kids are hiding.  Everyone gasps and The aes Sadai tells moraines mother, "She has the spark" I will be back for her when she is of age, or something that makes everyone else in the room uncomfortable and her siblings shrink away from her.

Next cut is the white tower on the day that Rand is born.  Moraine and Siuan are serving the Amerlyn Seat and Jitara Moroso gives her prediction.   As she talks the scene zooms out the window over the mountain and down the other side where rand is born.  This time the camera focuses on his mother's dying face and it fades back into dying face of Jitara Sadeai in the white tower.  Where Swan and Moraine are stunned looking at each other.

Then they should paly the opening musing music.  That would be soo cool.

Tigraine disappeared the same year that Moiraine went to the White Tower to become a Novice, so unless the timeline is substantially altered, I find that part unlikely.

I think a cold-open on Dragonmount would be cool, and then a cosmic view of the Wheel - that was pretty much the only part I liked about Winter Dragon. Then focusing on the Two Rivers. Moiraine's flashback to Gitara Moroso's Foretelling can happen along the way.

2 hours ago, The Purple Ajah said:

Tigraine disappeared the same year that Moiraine went to the White Tower to become a Novice, so unless the timeline is substantially altered, I find that part unlikely.

I think a cold-open on Dragonmount would be cool, and then a cosmic view of the Wheel - that was pretty much the only part I liked about Winter Dragon. Then focusing on the Two Rivers. Moiraine's flashback to Gitara Moroso's Foretelling can happen along the way.

There is no Winter Dragon in Ba Sing Se. 

3 hours ago, mistborn82 said:

@HarldinI think you'll get your wish. As with Mat killing Couladin and probably a few others I'm forgetting, some scenes are just too important not to be shown. I just hope Sean Bean is the voice of Narg.

Narg breaking through the door and saying.

My Brother, my Captain, my King

or will he say Winter is coming

?

I want to see Sean Bean as Artur Hawkwing in a Cameo, and they don’t even have to come up with a way to kill him off.?

Yes i think we will see EF attacked on Winternight 

Edited by Harldin

On 4/12/2021 at 12:24 PM, The Purple Ajah said:

I doubt 99% of those who read the books know that.  I'm sure that while they're merging characters and cutting story lines they could probably get away with making her go to the tower a few months later.