DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rand’s children, WoT genetics

Jsbrads2

I’m not a geneticist, but why are two out of four kids Rand has with Avi dark hair dark eyes? Not only is Rand red haired and blue eyed, so is Avi and both of Rand’s parents have Aiel coloring, Tigraine is red hair blue eyes, so is Rand’s da. And all of Avi’s ancestry is Aiel..

If you like so many other had biology in school and learned about Mendels theory for peas, and then eyes with brown and blue as another example fitting that theory..well they were wrong, the Mendel theory is complete dominance based. Eyecolors cant be descided by that theory alone, for one multiple genepairs are involved, and secondly they follow different inheritance patterns (so not all of the genes follow the complete dominance pattern for outcome).

And really for a lot of genetics its the same.

Are they conceived before or after Rand's soul is in Moridin's body? The dark hair and dark eyes seems to suggest after, but it's been awhile since I've read the last three books.

Edited by Agitel

3 hours ago, Agitel said:

Are they conceived before or after Rand's soul is in Moridin's body? The dark hair and dark eyes seems to suggest after, but it's been awhile since I've read the last three books.

Beat me to it, there is no suggestion that Avi is pregnant at the final battle. If she fell pregnant after then she carries Moridan’s DNA and will not be blood related to Rand in anyway whatsoever. 

The other question is though, does Avi still have the Quads? Or does she makes sure she doesn’t get pregnant as a means towards changing the future she saw, and how will the change of bodies effect the relationship between Rand and his Harem? 

Min had a viewing that Avi would have Rand's children and that they will be quads. We just don't know if they are conceived before or after Rand body swaps with Moridin. If it happens before then they would have to have been conceived when Rand and Avi slept together right before the Last Battle which is soon enough for Avi not to have any signs of pregnancy during the battle.

I’m with Cap here. Also if they were conceived after the war, they couldn’t publicly claim that they were children of the dragon.  Also Avi’s change to the future is to change the name of one of her children, not to stop having kids. 

Edited by Jsbrads2