DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

NFL TALK

Zander?

Honestly, I tend not to care all that much if the Seahawks aren't in it until the super bowl.  But this year I will be interested in how the Cardinals do.  Any of you guys watch Tom Grossi on YouTube?  Dude plays a stereotype of each fan and the Cardinals is this old grumpy granddad who cheers for the Cardinals so his grandson will think he is interesting and give him a call.  May just cheer for the Cardinals for the post season just because I like his portrayal of that character.

12 hours ago, thehumantrashcan said:

Honestly, I tend not to care all that much if the Seahawks aren't in it until the super bowl.  But this year I will be interested in how the Cardinals do.  Any of you guys watch Tom Grossi on YouTube?  Dude plays a stereotype of each fan and the Cardinals is this old grumpy granddad who cheers for the Cardinals so his grandson will think he is interesting and give him a call.  May just cheer for the Cardinals for the post season just because I like his portrayal of that character.

Can't say I've watched much YT of any variety for a long time. I'm afraid but also have a good idea of what his Cowboys fan stereotype is. sometimes the worst part of this fandom is dealing with the other fans :rolleyes: :laugh:

The Cards are an interesting team. I haven't watched them play much this year but I am looking forward to their matchup with the Boys in a few weeks. Hopefully both teams will be healthy by then because it has seeding implications

Sounds like there are a couple of fantasy footballers here - if so let me know!    I actually have a team that could use a manager for the remainder of the 2021 season, with obviously first prerogative to take over full time in 2022.   If interested let me know - otherwise I'll be advertising in the usual fantasy football forums this weekend.

• Community Administrator
11 hours ago, DELTA said:

Here’s to your teams winning this week ???

Ps - if there’s any interest what say we do a weekly pick ‘‘em game or something?

simple rules like predict the winner of the primetime matchups with combined final score of one as tie breakers

We used to do a pick'em every year on Entertainment. It's a bit of work & a bit late to do one this year (IMO).

Here's how we used to do it.

6 hours ago, SinisterDeath said:

We used to do a pick'em every year on Entertainment. It's a bit of work & a bit late to do one this year (IMO).

Here's how we used to do it.

that’s pretty cool. I was thinking of something way simpler just an easy W/L record for correct picks and maybe only 3 games per week

I do agree it’s a bit late this year but I’d love to drum up more activity in this forum. I’m a football FANATIC

6 hours ago, CaddySedai said:

Go Dolphins!

I love that they hurt my soul every year. Start hot collapse late. 

Or this year start awful, improve to show what a good team they could be. Then start badly next year again. lol

I was born into the height of the Cowboys reign and have since watched them disappoint me for the last several decades

as far as soul crushing goes, I hear you ??

7 minutes ago, DELTA said:

that’s pretty cool. I was thinking of something way simpler just an easy W/L record for correct picks and maybe only 3 games per week

I do agree it’s a bit late this year but I’d love to drum up more activity in this forum. I’m a football FANATIC

Yeah, that did get a big complicated, but figured I'd offer options for next  year! 

We also used to have a Fantasy League as well!

1 hour ago, CaddySedai said:

Go Dolphins!

I love that they hurt my soul every year. Start hot collapse late. 

Or this year start awful, improve to show what a good team they could be. Then start badly next year again. lol

Well theyre trying to get Deshaun Watson if he isnt going to jail so maybe youll stop suffering in a year or 2...lol

4 hours ago, Zander? said:

Well theyre trying to get Deshaun Watson if he isnt going to jail so maybe youll stop suffering in a year or 2...lol

They said that every year every pickup since Marino. 

I’ll believe it when we make it past the first round of the playoffs lol

For us longtime Seahawk fans, we have always been used to defeat.  Hasselbeck and Holmgren gave us our first real taste of hope and Wilson and the LoB gave us our first taste of victory.  But if we go back to mediocrity again I can handle it.  Happy we got at least a taste.

7 hours ago, thehumantrashcan said:

For us longtime Seahawk fans, we have always been used to defeat.  Hasselbeck and Holmgren gave us our first real taste of hope and Wilson and the LoB gave us our first taste of victory.  But if we go back to mediocrity again I can handle it.  Happy we got at least a taste.

Laughs in Viking.

16 minutes ago, DELTA said:

Beat the Steelers tonight, yeah?

*Shrugs*

I haven't really been following them this year, primarily 'cause I don't have cable/tv. 

But Vikings losing critical games is like Winter in Minnesota. No matter how much you don't want to see the "S" word, it's inevitable. 

13 hours ago, SinisterDeath said:

*Shrugs*

I haven't really been following them this year, primarily 'cause I don't have cable/tv. 

But Vikings losing critical games is like Winter in Minnesota. No matter how much you don't want to see the "S" word, it's inevitable. 

Despite their best efforts to blow a double digit lead in the 4th, Vikes win. Skol!

Edited by DELTA

• 2 weeks later...

giphy.gif

AFC

1 - KC Chiefs (10-4)

2 - NE Patriots (9-5)

3 - Tennessee Titans (9-5)

4 - Cincinnati Bengals (8-6)

5 - Indianapolis Colts (8-6)

6 - LA Chargers (8-6)

7 - Buffalo Bills (8-6)

NFC

1 - GB Packers (11-3)

2 - Dallas Cowboys (10-4)

3 - TB Buccaneers (10-4)

4 - Arizona Cardinals (10-4)

5 - LA Rams (10-4)

6 - SF 49ers (8-6)

7 - Minnesota Vikings (7-7)

I’m a big fan of this new format. Adding a seventh seed and giving only the #1 a BYE makes for an intense end to the season.