DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Harry Potter week 2018] Mafia game thread

Sooh

6 hours ago, Hallia said:

The Tress train made no sense whatsoever :/

I don't know if I have stated this here, but with my promotion I literally can't even get online except for like uh, break times, and even then only if I want to walk out to where I can take my phone out :rip:

That being said, I'm here.  Marsh is currently up on the top of my scumdar.

6 hours ago, Hallia said:

I feel like he was just happy to sheep away on the Tress wagon.  I don't see any original thoughts there at all.

Hallia what are your reads atp?

Do you think there has to be Scum on the train?

Who is the most likely Scum not on Tress's train and why iyo?

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/30/2018 at 8:54 AM, Clovdyx said:

My biggest regret is that I'm only allowed to lynch one person.

Kat/Hallia obvs scum team itt

On 7/30/2018 at 10:36 AM, Verbal32 said:

Scum playing out front, I like it.  Sad we'll have to kill you.

Vote: Clov

Verb you've been parked on Chris since your like 2nd or 3rd post on Page 1....I can't even tell is this is a joke or not.

Come morning I'm going to be wanting to know exactly what about my case on Clov was not enough.  He literally gave the major reason he's suspicious of me, and I debunked how that couldn't be the case as he had already said he wanted to lynch me......which is a complete contradiction or a lie.

As far as D1s go, that was as solid as you're likely gonna get, and almost everybody completely ignored it.  I mean, that's cool if you think I'm wrong.....but weigh in and tell me why.

That Tress train was silly - she was clearly frustrated townie, and Clov himself even noted how she was prob town (and voted her anyway).

C'mon folks.

Just now, Zanatron said:

Verb you've been parked on Chris since your like 2nd or 3rd post on Page 1....I can't even tell is this is a joke or not.

That first vote was indeed a joke, which is why I unvoted a while later.....only to revote him once I truly sussed him.

Was it less obvious than I thought?

16 hours ago, Clovdyx said:

Zander/Iron/whoever: am I just focused on the fact I know Verb is wrong about me, and I think his reasoning sucks?  Because I'll give him credit for going back and fact checking - I sort of skimmed the past couple pages so I don't know how valid his argument was - but beyond that...I'm really not feeling him this game.  And I don't think I've been terrible at reading him.

Granted, it's been a while since I've played with him, so maybe I'm expecting more overlap in our thoughts/styles if he's town than I should be.

Do me a favor, broseph, and read my case.  I'd love to have you as town this game, but I can't after that D1 contradiction (imo).  I get that townies never play perfectly clean, so help me understand how I'm wrong.....because until you do that and not essentially ignore/dismiss it like you did above, then I'm not going away and I'm going to hound you all game.  Neither of us wants that, lol.

Just now, Verbal32 said:

That first vote was indeed a joke, which is why I unvoted a while later.....only to revote him once I truly sussed him.

Was it less obvious than I thought?

Im doing a reread and trying to stay current as well.

I guess Ill see your unvote coming up.

I thought it was a joke originally but thinking back the main thing I remember from you was a primarily singular focus on Chris.  I remember you touching on Hallia a bit too but thats all I really recall irt you.

For example, saying "so maybe I'm expecting more overlap in our thoughts/styles if he's town than I should be" it as dismissive as it gets, so I think the ball is in your court to prove me wrong.

1 minute ago, Zanatron said:

Im doing a reread and trying to stay current as well.

I guess Ill see your unvote coming up.

I thought it was a joke originally but thinking back the main thing I remember from you was a primarily singular focus on Chris.  I remember you touching on Hallia a bit too but thats all I really recall irt you.

giggity

On 7/30/2018 at 1:38 PM, Verbal32 said:

Light FOS on Hallia.

On 7/30/2018 at 1:39 PM, Verbal32 said:

Slight townie point for Clov.

Unvote

OK here's the unvote.

Because of them agreeing about Hallias early Verb is Town read

4 minutes ago, Verbal32 said:

Do me a favor, broseph, and read my case.  I'd love to have you as town this game, but I can't after that D1 contradiction (imo).  I get that townies never play perfectly clean, so help me understand how I'm wrong.....because until you do that and not essentially ignore/dismiss it like you did above, then I'm not going away and I'm going to hound you all game.  Neither of us wants that, lol.

3 minutes ago, Verbal32 said:

For example, saying "so maybe I'm expecting more overlap in our thoughts/styles if he's town than I should be" it as dismissive as it gets, so I think the ball is in your court to prove me wrong.

Is the 2nd quote supposed to be an example of dismissivness?  

On 7/30/2018 at 5:38 PM, Katiora said:

not a read... I said you were towny... not town. All I meant was that you're not looking inherently scummy.... :rolleyes: don't read too much into things i'm not really saying :tongue: lol 

Again this still sticks out to me.  I cant shake the sketch I get from Kat giving out D1 Leans/reads whatever you wanna call them.

On 7/30/2018 at 5:22 PM, Katiora said:

Zander you appear to have too much energy in this thread for a Monday.... I'm gonna take that as towny, but you're making me more tired :tongue: lol 

On 7/30/2018 at 5:36 PM, Zanatron said:

2 things...my energy level is absolutely null especially d1 and the fact your giving a d1 read at all especially on me is sketching me out...

On 7/30/2018 at 5:58 PM, Clovdyx said:

I absolutely hate this response/explanation, but I feel it's null-slightly town for Kat?  The bold is more or less spot on, and saying something is townie is sort of a read...

First I bolded the part of my post Chris was referring to.

Second

Can you elaborate on this for me Chris maybe its just lolzander but you hate this exchange yet given possibly Town leans on both of us.

What do you hate while town reading me (from before) and Kat in particular for the post which you hate?!!?!?

On 7/30/2018 at 6:22 PM, Clovdyx said:

I was talking about her response to you.  I actually thought your post was ~reasonable, given my knowledge of you and my knowledge of her as players.  In a universe where everybody is the same and gets treated the same way, I'd say you shouldn't have much of an issue with her post, but that's not how the game works.

I'm just trying to figure out if she has thoughts I can evaluate.

I recently quoted a post earlier asking about this.  So ya IM a tad confused by the fact you hate the post/response but read her Town for it?!!?!?

Am I missing something?

11 hours ago, dicetosser1 said:

Tone reading IS a thing tyvm!!

me too. and reading her was easy.

what?

i had no reason to vote tress. the only thing id seen of her i think was on page 1.

I had been looking at clov and feeling sus.

therefore I voted clov

why?

why didnt you want to vote clov?

Why would you have voted her before clov if you had no case on her?  Why not vote a third person?

Because they were both based on absolute crap. Tress because she wasn't here on a D1 that was super short at the beginning of the work week. wow. yeah... compelling. Clov because... IDK. I haven't really heard a case on Clov except that Verb doesn't like something that I don't really get. 

You voted him with absolutely NO case put on him, which btw is sketchy as all get out. And why vote a third person when it's not going to mean anything. Honestly, I had no clue who to vote for. No one was overtly scummy? It was a short D1, which is fine, but that means that there's just not a lot to go on. *shrugs* I have never, and never will like just voting for the sake of voting. That's stupid and I won't do it. I will vote for someone. I will vote for someone I think is MORE scummy than someone else to keep them from getting lynched if I really think they could be town, but I WILL NOT just vote just because day is ending. Especially if there is already a majority and that's all we need. It's pointless. Especially when I don't agree with any current train. If you don't like it Lynch me but you will lynch me almost every game I play in. 

On 7/30/2018 at 6:56 PM, Ironeyes said:

Seems like a short day 1, especially since it started over the weekend. I don't think I mind though. Less time for Zander to bloat the thread to unreasonable proportions. 

Obv an admission of Iron being Scum imo....

On 7/30/2018 at 8:06 PM, Lessa Nikia said:

I'm sorry but I did think it was really good

Hello, and I don't think I have. It's been a long time since I've played and I don't think I've played with anyone here, I think but I could be wrong.

Not too sure about the Clov/Kat discussion about saying/thinking someone is town/scum.  Kinda feels like D1 stuff but also maybe a little off like scum pretending to be town. Not too sure which. Unvote for the meantime

Who was the possible Scum here when you posted this?!?!?!

On 7/30/2018 at 9:18 PM, dicetosser1 said:

yeah u ninjad me z

clovs focus on kat this game is sketching me out.

i get the jokey bit at the beginning  but then he questions her but gives her a im not gonna lynch her read before she answered.

Its weird Dice doesn't vote Clov till right before DL.

Normally Town!Dice attacks things that bother him quite quickly.....

On 7/31/2018 at 2:27 AM, Clovdyx said:

I legitimately have no idea what to do atp.  Iron/Tress/Verb, and if that doesn't solve it, Hallia?

Zander is still the one I feel best about.  Like his effort, like his energy, but most importantly feel he's sincerely trying to solve.  The questions to Lessa and his response to me seemed right, and I thought his take on me to Dice seemed genuine.

I'm never going to accept where Kat's coming from on a personal level, but I realize there's more than one way to play.  Not going to beat that horse - especially when I think she'd be more inclined to force some reads as mafia, and even though I don't like how she's arguing, i don't think it's scummy.

Dice being suspicious of me is probably more null than anything, but it's not a bad sign for him.  No issues with his questioning about me to Zander.  I think his thought process is more likely to be interpreting something differently than a deliberate misrep to make me look bad.

Lessa's the one I'm probably struggling with the most.  I disagree that there's likely to be a fight from that discussion pretty much ever (and I've been in a lot of mafia fights....), and even if she does believe that, I don't see where there's mafia motivation in THAT specific topic.  So that conclusion has me scratching my head.  At the same time, gut feeling says that would be a really strange way to make me look bad and kind of just want to believe it's a genuine thought of hers.  IDK.

Where are you irt Lessa now and why?

On 7/31/2018 at 9:18 AM, Ironeyes said:

So you spent the entire day so far working to drag people out of the fluff and into the game, only to resort to this? I know you have more going on inside your head than this, especially after just having dug at Kat for four pages in a row. You're making me nervous Chris

On 7/31/2018 at 9:19 AM, Ironeyes said:

Voting Tress because she's posted like twice would have made sense. She isn't normally quite this quiet, despite it being a low-volume game in general. 

On 7/31/2018 at 9:20 AM, Ironeyes said:

I guess put me down as being suss of both Tress and Chris ATP

This is weird atp if Iron is Town he'd have to assume Clov who hates bussing is bussing Tress?!?!?!

I dunno.....

On 7/31/2018 at 9:35 AM, Clovdyx said:

That actually wasn't a joke.  I have no way to differentiate who I want to lynch between Iron/Verb/Tress, and I inly feel a hair better about Hallia.  I have no reason to not lynch any of them.

I already said who I feel even fairly decent about being town and why.

Knowing what we now know about Tress has the rest of Suspects changed?

Why or why not?

Verb - I'll reply to your argument later when I have time assuming I'm still alive.  Fwiw I thought your vote on me wasn't super obvious to be a joke but seemed pretty likely.

Zander - Youre misunderstanding what I meant about Kat.  Im not talking hate as an alignment indicative thing. Im talking about "objectively good" play.  Her reaponse was garbage IMO and it's unnecessarily pedantic.  I hate when people add caveats thay are basically a cop out.  "I didn't say I think you're town, I said you were being townie"... okay, and if you think somebodyis consistently townie, how is that NOT reading them? She was annoyed at you for a reasonable jump on her logic.

But from an alignment issue, I thought it was a good sign.