DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Spring Reading List (nominations)

Maria

It's once again the time to nominate books for our spring reading list. The genres are non-fiction, fantasy and classic.

I have decided that our fiction book will be "The Prestige" by Christopher Priest. One of my privileges as Keeper is that I can decide that *g*

Remember to post both the name of the book AND the author. And if you feel so inclined you should tell us a little bit about the book to peak our interest.

You may nominate books until some time next week.

Umm this is totally random. "Into the Fire" by Gilbert L. Morris (I think) I'm not home, so I'll check it out when I get home. It's the second book in a two part series. Even if you haven't read the first one, you can gather most of it from the second.

Well, since it seems to be my job to choose non-fiction for no one to read, let me throw out some suggestions.

"Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl" I'm reading this to my sixth graders right now. This will ensure that I actually finish the book we've selected.

I'm sure I can think of more.

How about Crime & Punishment (F.M. Dostoevsky) for Classics? Or maybe A Tale of Two Cities (Dickens)? Those are both my favorites, so of course, I've read them. But, if I'm going to join you in this, I suppose I should suggest something I have, but havent read! :P So, how about the Brothers Karamazov (F.M. Dostoevsky) or A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court (Mark Twain).

And once again I'm going to nominate "The Tales of Locke Lamora" for fantasy. It's by Scott Lynch and is a very different fantasy story. It's funny, interesting, nerve-wracking, and generally a great story all around.

It's different from your traditional fantasy stories, but I loved it despite that. Or maybe because of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived