DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Ithillian Turambar

The Million Dollar Question

Fun fact: It is by definition possible to do this in only twenty guesses if you do it this way:

You guess halfway. In this case, 500000. It's either correct, or 1-499999 or 500001-999999

Higher or lower. You guess halfway, that's either 750000 or 250000. Now, it's either 1-249999, 250001-499999, etc, or correct.

You continue doing this. Every time, you're splitting into twice as many possibilities. 2*2*2*...*2. Once you reach 20, you're at 1,048,576, so you're now splitting into less than one, so by definition you know the correct number.

Correct! You win ten points.

And no bonus points which means I've got another 10 points spare if you'd like me to think of another number?

I just maxed out your credit card, glgl

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Danai Gurira would work for me as Semhirage.  
    • My pick for Gareth Bryne is David Boreanaz:   David Boreanaz (/ˌbɔːriˈɑːnəz/;[1] born May 16, 1969) is an American actor, television producer, and director, known for playing the roles of vampire-turned-private investigator Angel on Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1997–2003) and its spinoff Angel (1999–2004); FBI Special Agent Seeley Booth on the television crime procedural comedy-drama series Bones (2005–2017); and Jason Hayes in the military drama series SEAL Team.      
    • Bayle Domon is an intelligent man who acts gruff, but seems to have a heart of gold. Though it states that he is a broad, muscular man with a round face, his appearance to a degree is less integral than the character, IMO. He makes me think of a snugly teddy bear who could kill if need be.   At the moment my heart is quite set on Jeffrey Dean Morgan:   Jeffrey Dean Morgan (born April 22, 1966) is an American actor. He is known for his roles as John Winchester on the fantasy horror series Supernatural (2005–07, 2019), Denny Duquette on the medical drama series Grey's Anatomy (2006–09), The Comedian in the superhero film Watchmen (2009), Jason Crouse on the political drama series The Good Wife (2015–16), Negan on the horror drama series The Walking Dead (2016–present), and Harvey Russell in Rampage (2018).
    • Tam al'Thor doesn't actually appear in the series except the first chapter or 2, a bit in the middle, and then towards the end again. Much is made of his fighting skills, but it's not shown very often. As such, I don't think it's necessary to get someone known for those skills to be the actor. Obviously if one can be found, wonderful.   I've not really made up my mind about an actor, but I have this offering:   Billy Burke: William Albert Burke (born November 25, 1966) is an American actor. He is known for his role as Charlie Swan in Twilight and its sequels. In 2011, he played Cesaire in Red Riding Hood. In 2012, he was cast as one of the lead characters, Miles Matheson, in the NBC science-fiction series Revolution. From 2015 to 2017, he starred in the CBS series Zoo. He has also appeared in the supernatural horror film Lights Out (2016) and the thriller Breaking In (2018).   He's done quite well at playing the solid, supporting father. He's not bad on the eye either. He can bulk up if need be.            
    • There is a faint arrow next to the Revol...   If you press that arrow it will take you to page 4.