DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

World's End Mafia - town wins comprehensively

Pralaya

You don't seem to get it Nolder.

The problem isn't this:

I believe in your ability to solve it if you're in this village.

Take your time.

Also, I get your point but I also believe you're better at this game than me so...I'll assist as best I can but I rely on your instincts more than my own as long as I think you're town.

Doesn't check out.

Congratulations Nolder you've made my list of things to do tomorrow.

Wow so now being encouraging is hoping someone will solve the game for me?

Well what the hell have I been wasting my time for then? I could have just let Cory do everything for me.

Why do I have a 130 posts when I could have just made like 4?

NOW I'm mad. You say shit like this all the damn time so what does that make you?

The problem is this when compared to this:

If I had to pick one villager out of the five it'd probably be Nolder.

With that said, the gap between him and BFG/Zander/Lenlo/Dice/Sooh is large.

I believe in the line.

Still think Lenlo is obv scum and BFG is your deep wolf.

Time will tell though.

I think it's sort of weird you spent a lot of Day 1 saying "I'm kind of hoping Cory solves the game for me lololol" yet you refuse to even consider my top read of the game when it's someone A) I reliably read well and B) someone I'm extremely confident in my read on.

Can csarmi jump in and give the statistic trend to exactly how often I am wrong when I am this confident in a villager read?

It's basically the thing I am actually famous for in this silly little internet yelling game.

You probably think it's weird because it's a figment of your imagination.

In fact I spent a lot of Day 1 quietly observing you, only engaging when asked something directly or to play hypothetical "what if" games.

I've alluded to this fact at least twice if not more.

I grudgingly admit you're a villager at EoD and hold by it but in all honesty Cory I don't like how you played.

You set yourself up as town leader early, not by having town equity but by virtue of buddying Xander and then declaring you'd allow people to enter your village. I've come to the conclusion this was just your way of bullying your way into being town read by others because that's what you do but this game in particular I didn't like your methods. You will do what you have to do to get other villagers on your side whether you've earned that trust or not. It's a good strong way of playing and only very charismatic people can pull it off but you have to understand there are times when it just looks like a wolf edging in for control of the popular opinion. And that's what it looked like to me. I've been interested to see who else you'd let into your circle of trust and while I ended up not liking most of those choices I've come to read you as a villager regardless. Fair warning there may come a point late in the game, if you and I are still alive, that I'll tinfoil on you like Xander started to. But that's later.

And maybe you're not wrong often when you're this convinced but I'm sure it still happens.

They're called flukes for a reason.

I think you're failing to realize how insulting your comment was.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Besie, you have a few moments to persuade me that voting you is wrong.

Who would you shoot instead, and don't say Tina or Shad because they're going to be lynched this game a lot anyway.

Why do you want to shoot me, Pizza? You had me as town in page 62. Your reasoning on page 69. You were willing to defend yourself to me on page 95, then... didn't. I've already said who I'd shoot: someone that can't be lynched. I said that.

So no, I would not have said Tina or Shad because I know they're lynchable. Even I am lynchable, I believe - if I have read and understood almost everyone's opinions on me so far.

So again, why would you want to shoot me?

Because I believe there are wolves who made certain that I died D1 instead of Tina.

Correh... corrrrreeeeh.....

Yes Besie?

Just because I don't share every single thought I have doesn't mean there's no "behind-the-screen thinking".

I'm not attacking you, I'm wondering how you went from "encourage! Cory is a good villager!"

to

"Nolder you rely on me to beat the game for you so just listen and agree with everything I say"

to

"Cory is a bully and I hate the way he's playing and he's probably wrong about a lot one, maybe two people"

Do you understand why that leap doesn't make sense to me?

No no no. Let me fix that for you.

Correh... corrrrreeeeh.....

Yes Besie?

Just because I don't share every single thought I have doesn't mean there's no "behind-the-screen thinking".

Somebody taught me when I started playing mafia that it's all about showing how you're thinking. If that thinking makes sense it's easier for people to believe you're a villager. The more you show how you're thinking, the easier it is for people to understand you and not second guess you.

Look at Zander. He shares EVERYTHING.

I'm not attacking you, I'm wondering how you went from "encourage! Cory is a good villager!"

to

"Nolder you rely on me to beat the game for you so just listen and agree with everything I say"

to

"Cory is a bully and I hate the way he's playing and he's probably wrong about a lot one, maybe two people"

to

to

I grudgingly admit you're a villager at EoD and hold by it but in all honesty Cory I don't like how you played.

You set yourself up as town leader early, not by having town equity but by virtue of buddying Xander and then declaring you'd allow people to enter your village. I've come to the conclusion this was just your way of bullying your way into being town read by others because that's what you do but this game in particular I didn't like your methods. You will do what you have to do to get other villagers on your side whether you've earned that trust or not.

doge.jpg

Who would you shoot instead, and don't say Tina or Shad because they're going to be lynched this game a lot anyway.

Why do you want to shoot me, Pizza? You had me as town in page 62. Your reasoning on page 69. You were willing to defend yourself to me on page 95, then... didn't. I've already said who I'd shoot: someone that can't be lynched. I said that.

So no, I would not have said Tina or Shad because I know they're lynchable. Even I am lynchable, I believe - if I have read and understood almost everyone's opinions on me so far.

Because I believe there are wolves who made certain that I died D1 instead of Tina.

I agree with that thought process. Wasn't me, though. I had you as scum from page 15. The way you posted made you seem even more scum. I never changed opinion. I never forced anyone to vote you. As cory basically said: I never gave my "proper towny" behind-the-scenes readings. If I had been any villager other than myself, I would not have changed my opinion or vote on you because of me.

I honestly have no idea what to say to prove to you people that I'm villa.

I can't argue - that'll look like I'm hiding something. I can't focus on that I'm town - because I already said i did that as scum. I've no idea what to do. Leave it - then I'm not fighting back. Every single thing I can think of doing will look scummy when you read it in that mindset.

It was the same when Pizza was posting and he ended up walking away, because he knew that nothing he said would be seen as town if read in a you-are-scum mindset.

Besie.....I dont know how this post makes me feel.....

It's not AtE. Not directed at your feelings. It's my honest thoughts. I thought it was a logical conclusion?

God I wanna just bury my head in the sand!!!!  IM SO CONFLICTED on reading YOU!!!!!!

Let me look something up. It's probably going to take me awhile since it's a 128 page game but whatever it's night.

Ordinarily I would, but because you can talk on N2 if you died tonight, and because I've been up since the very early morning working on this game, I have to call it quits and place my vote, which ends the round.

If you survive the night or if Pralaya doesn't post the narration you can probably get it in.

Sorry bub, my eyes are glazing over.

Alright guys it's time for the game's inevitable CORKY LECTURE.

Take your seats class. :P

*puts an apple on the teacher's desk and takes seat in the very front*

Sucking up!

:tongue::laugh:

HEY NOW!!!

I received a FREE Scholarship to the CCSOHW and it has completely changed my life and made me into The Townyest Towny To Ever Town Co-Share with Cory so the least I can do is be appreciative and pay attention right??!!!!

I agree with that thought process. Wasn't me, though. I had you as scum from page 15. The way you posted made you seem even more scum. I never changed opinion. I never forced anyone to vote you. As cory basically said: I never gave my "proper towny" behind-the-scenes readings. If I had been any villager other than myself, I would not have changed my opinion or vote on you because of me.

Then we can look at that wagon together on Night Two.

I look forward to our mutual collaboration if you're a townie. PS this is a no hard feelings kind of vote. I am perfectly calm and I would definitely be looking outside my wagon if I wasn't uniquely convinced there's a very high chance literally all the wolves were voting for me today.

A bit on villagers making reads

Maybe one of the things that really picks at me regarding Besie is the lack of behind-the-screen thinking behind her reads. It's hard to explain this outright, so let me find a comparison point.

Look at BFG's read on me this game. She picks out things to sway my alignment this way or that way, pressing and torturing herself to formulate the "correct read"; it takes her about four days to establish the read and a very large amount of evidence. But making the read is frustrating; she''s inherent paranoid, stifled by doubt and the thoughts keep running through her brain regardless of any attempt to stop them.

Similarly, look at Zander's read on Lenlo; Sooh's read on Pizza; BFG's read on dice; Lenlo's interaction and read on Pizza; etc.

There's torture and stress here. There's an internal CPU unit humming and trying to solve the equation that is another person. There is no "well, whatever, x is a villager/wolf".

Even Nikon seems tortured by his own process. He compiles this big list of "what every post makes me feel" and comes up with a list that barely makes sense to him and doesn't know what to do with.

Besie seems very comfortable just giving reads. There's no stress about her village read on me. It's just "Cory is now sufficiently villagery, so he's a villager." She doesn't wrack her brain about it beyond "except if I tinfoil, hehe!" sort of moments.

I don't expect this from a first time villager. Maybe not from any villager, really.

Again only pointing something out here but dude I gave out a pure GUT READ only list in my 2nd game....it happened to be a pretty good one imo......just saying....lolololololol

But i will also totally admit I WAS STRESSED out over it!!!! And I do completely understand and agree with the point youre making.

It's all starting to blur together for me. But here's approximately where I am at.

Assume 3 wolves. If less, then super. For each wolf, there are 100 points. 3 wolves is 300 points. I will add an additional 100 points for margin of error, to give myself approximately 4 shats, because I think I have 2 in my immediate POE but if I am wrong I'd like to have one more shat. Plus a fourth shot for wolf number 3 if they exist.

So that's 400 points spread across this player base. 100 points is a lynch, zero is never lynch. 5 is essentially never lynch. Etc.

Call these approximate percentages of being scum.

11 AskThePizzaGuy - 0% Scum
2. Zander- 2%- he made me believe that he believes what he says he believes. Get me twice in a row, Zander, would be unbelievable.

8 Lenlo- 3%- Yates event horizon is my raisin. Given where some of my not-blues are pointing, particularly Nolder, of the two, I trust Lenlo over Nolder.
4 Cory- 10%- borderline sabotage comment makes him blue a lot but hey, one in ten chance I'm wrong I think.

7 Nikon- 20%- Attempted Pizza-ing makes him berry likely to be blue but I can't make him fully blue. Trust me on him for a while.
6 Sooh- 25%- Much better recently, but I can't fully blue her.

10 BFG- 25%- Bout where Sooh is. Much better game than her previous game but I don't think she can't do this game so far as a wolf, since she's not under tons of pressure.

-----Teh Lin---

For this to be an EXCELLENT D1/N1 read of the game by me, all the scums need to be below this line. However, if that's wrong, and the bottom 5 are resolved and the game continues, see the above percentages.

1. Dice- deepwolf chances but town lean. He's played a good game and if the above townreads are good, he probably survives the game after the people below him are demised. If not, take another look. 35% I think if he loses two scum partners he never makes it through this game, AND I think he's working very hard towards destroying two scumbags. But it's not a mortal lock because Dice hasn't been under tons of pressure and if I were in Dice's shoes, D1 was smooth sailing. Worth a look maybe.

Removing Besie helps people read Dice if she's a wolf, IMO.

9 Nolder- my town lean was based on less reliable ideas. 1836 was a scummy post among townie ones. POE when Shad or Tina or Besie flips villager. If he loses two scum partners he never sails all the way through this game, imo. 40%

.....it's not that close, though.

12. Shad <----D2 lynch alternative 75% Willing to see him skate until night two / day three because I'm a sentimental bastard. Teh suspicions here, they are much lighter but he's still down here because of the Poe-poe.

3. BLomBessie <--- Vote happening soon by me, 75%. Blind spot for several villagers imo, including myself D1. Also did a hard unvote of Lenlo. Her aggression/diplomacy matches her previous scum game. That all being said, if her second game is a second rand of being scum, more power to her because she's a great player already, naturally suited for this game by miles and miles. Zander town-reading her is probably because of wishful thinking, bub. But I'm prepared for Zander to be a boss and prove me wrong. I don't believe that Besie and Dice are on a wolf-team, it's not impossibru but it's very unlikeliments.

5 Tina <------D2 lynch 90% of the time. That hard unvote post is pretty bad and very not villagery.

This one is supposed to be bright red but not using that color here in case of accidental trigger of lynch.

If Tina is actually a villager, there's an extremely strong chance that Besie or Shad are still wolves, and I believe in the town that believes in a dead Tina.

Well you're an instict reliant player, more than most, and just press what you believe more than contemplate. Extrovert, not introvert, LDO.

But I still see you suffer over your reads.

I mean, look at that "UGHHHHHHHHH" - that's the post of a man suffering.

Archived