DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Gray Ajah Event - Traditions of Giving Thanks

Elaevia

What makes Thanksgiving Thanksgiving is probably different for each family, and even each person! it would be great if you could share the things that makes the holiday special to you: whether it's food you eat, places you go, or people you see.

But maybe (like me) you are not from the USA so aren't celebrating Thanksgiving soon. Do you have a similar holiday where you are? Do you have a celebration at this time of year for harvest? Perhaps a thankful celebration at another time of year? If you do, we'd love to hear about your traditions as well.

lot of people in Éire have harvest/ thanks-giving festivals between michaelmas and samhain if they still do one at all so just past. my family celebrates samhain, get together on the night of october 31st for ceremonies and the following day we have a harvest feast basically, everyone brings something from their harvest or at the very least they made from scratch. also have some games like this year some of them were bobbing for apples, archery, and scythe throwing.

• Club Leader

I do have a favorite but we won't be playing it this time. I like Cards Against Humanity, but my man has an 8 year old son who is coming, so we won't be playing that. I really like most board games, to tell the truth. Just not Monopoly. Anything but Monopoly. 

I really want to get into some more board games.  I'm learning some Medieval ones for the SCA.

We were going to Seattle to spend it with family but my father in law became seriously ill.  I was so looking forward to that.  We had such a nice time last year.

I was invited to a co-worker's if my husband wasn't able to get back in time.  She's single and getting some friends together.

Then two very close friends of mine, made plans to go to the coast for Thanksgiving because they knew we were supposed to be in Seattle.  They invited us to the coast but I really want to relax at home with my husband, son (maybe), and animal friends.  The thought is also that should my father in law take a turn for the worse, my husband will be able to fly up quickly.

I'm kind of exhausted by emotions and would like to retreat at home.

• Club Leader

My man called me last night and he changed his plans. He is going to spend Thanksgiving with his mom, being that it will be their last time together. She's ill and moving to Georgia in the spring. He felt bad, but I told him we will have many more holidays and he should spend this one with his mom. So, now it's just me and my kids. Homey and cozy. 

My man called me last night and he changed his plans. He is going to spend Thanksgiving with his mom, being that it will be their last time together. She's ill and moving to Georgia in the spring. He felt bad, but I told him we will have many more holidays and he should spend this one with his mom. So, now it's just me and my kids. Homey and cozy. 

Us too.  My husband and I(and younger son will be in and out.)  I'm looking forward to homey and cozy.

• Elgee locked this topic

Archived