DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

My Once a Year Check Up

Shepherd

Hello friends.  I'm just stopping by to say "Hi" and that, while I haven't been acitve in FOREVER, I think about this place and the people here a lot.  Cheers folks!

Shep~

Captain Bruce Shepherd, "Ram" BotRH

Tower Guard Gillie Cole, White Tower

Ranger Shepherd al'Grey, Wolfkin

Why hheeeellllo!

I'm Cass, and have had my own 'FOREVER' absences since I joined forever ago.... not sure if we've met or not, but WB!

If you're keen to hang around, the BotRH RP is gathering a few newer members and looks set to start ramping up again.... hope you stay and play!!! :D

Cass

Thanks Cass!  Every year it seems I come around a say, "ya, I'm back" and then it never happens.  So I figured this time I'd just say "Hi" and see where it leads.

So, are you looking for an old bander to come back or are you looking for a new Character?  It's been many years and about 4 computers since I last RPd, so I dont have much of my old char, beside the fact he was the Captain of the Scouts. 

Who runs the Band now?  And would they like a new bio?

Shep~

Quibby is still in charge but he has computer issues so can sometimes be slow to respond - a few of us help out if he's not around though.

The decision about what character to play would be totally your own - whatever you like! I've currently kept my old char and made a new one and both are fun in different ways   :biggrin: ... I do have a soft spot for mine and other oldies though ... I don't remember RPing with you before though - when were you around most??

I think bio's are your choice as well - I'm pretty sure your old bio will still be around somewhere since mine was if you decide to go with your old char - I tweaked mine and resubmitted so you could probably do the same (I'd have to confirm this with Quib though I think). Orrrr you could write a totally new one for the same character too if you wanted to?

New bios for new characters, obviously  :wink:

Thanks for brining me up to speed :wink:

Zander I think I remember you too.  I used to be in charge of the Band WAY-WAY-WAY-BACK in the day.  Even had my user name in green, and got to see the scary staff message boards.  I started the Officer Trainning School, (OTS) and the Red Trench (if anyone remembers that).

When I first joined it was here on Dragonmount, but then the boards crashed, and we had several other forums that we went to (and overloaded them too), before coming back here.  So it must be close to 8 to 10 years or so (though my math could be way off, I suck at math and I might have killed one to many brain cells since then).  I think I first started posting when I was 20/21, and now I'm 32.  Getting old!

Back in the old Bander days when my char was a Private, Drea was in charge and Quibby was the Sergant that trained me.

Also, I would'nt mind joining or starting a basic RP to get back in to things.  Where is the Band in regards to Timeline?  Are we still at the Citadel?  Whats new?

*looks around with an evil glint in his eyes, dreaming of future RPs*

Shep~

Old Man River of Banders...

The Band is still at the Citadel; I have plans relating to that, but I don't have anything concrete to share yet.  Timeline is about even with the rest of the board, which is somewhere around Winter's Heart, I believe.  DM's version of Mat is now in charge of the Band for the sake of not having to replace the commander every time real life drags somebody away.

As for what's new, well...  I've been a bit behind on everything, so I'll leave that to the rest of the group.

Are you planning on staying of your own free will, or will I have to nail your foot to the floor?  I'd rather not do that; the Admins get upset when I get too much blood on the carpet.

*Sees Quibby hide hammer and nails behind his back*

The carpet IS very nice around here now.  Back in the day we still had dirt floors.

Honestly Quibby I've been trying to come pack for YEARS now, but real life, ect... and I don't want to jinks anything... Ummm... I'm coming back... I think...

As for my "Free Will" I lost that years ago!

So... for those of you who don't know my old Character, he was Infantry, then ended up leading the Scouts.  He was the rank of Captain or Banner Captain.  I can bring him back, but not sure how he'd fit in with the other children in the sand box.

Are there any other "active" players with new characters?  I could play a new recruit again and come up the ranks with them.  That would be fun.

Well I think I'll start with a new Char, and if I need to bring my old one back to help train others, play, or die, I will.  Give me a couple days or so and I'll submit a new bio and start dusting of my old RP muscles :uno:

Fair warning I'm terrible at spelling, I drink all the rum, and I snore... so you guys are in for a treat!

Shep~

Edited by Shepherd

*huggles Cass*

Shepherd that sounds great, i need a trainer for my character ! ... and don't worry, as a french speaker my spelling quite terrible too (maybe even worse than yours).

*grabs Shepherd's rum*

Cass, you want a drink ? *grins*

I've got an eternal corporal working research and development for the Band now.  I can always use somebody to bounce his social awkwardness off of.

Mother's milk in a cup!  Been back for all of 5 seconds and already people are taking my rum!!!

*Pulls out another bottle from his super secret stash, hidden under a pile of old paper work*

It's good to be home!

*Drinks some rum and goes off to finish his bios*

Shep~

• 4 weeks later...