DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[TV] LOST

Yveva

Guest Emperor

Geeze I need to get tonight's spoilage up....

I don't think Jack knows what is up with Juliet yet.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Emperor

So lets connect something in here.... what is up with that room for subliminal messaging? Could Jack have been put through a week of that?

Guest Cadsuane

Well, we saw what condition the boyfriend was in when they took him out of there, so I'm not sure Jack would still be as functional as he is if they'd done that.

But I can't help wonder why they showed us that room at all if there wasn't a reason.

Guest Yveva

Keep in mind they still have several seasons to go right? They make plants early on that you don't find out more about for a year or two of episodes. It's entirely possible they'll be telling us more about the room in later seasons.

* Reads spoiler report on tonight's episode. Sprays tea across monitor screen. Ponders sharing. Why not? *

Tonight's episode is apparently so monumentally huge that the normal guy ('Indsiderman') who does the Lost episode-by-episode spoilers just before airing didn't do a proper one for tonight's episode, as it is too crucial to the mythology of the show. He did reveal some stuff though:

Ben wasn't born on the Island. He was born in Portland. Roger Workman was Ben's father. He was killed by nerve gas in his van during the Purge. The Others predate the DHARMA Initative's existence on the Island. Ben was recruited to join them by Alpert, working for Jacob. Afterwards, Jacob only communicates directly with Ben, making Locke think that Ben is really Jacob (he isn't). Ben had visions of his dead mother on the Island (the Monster?). DHARMA started the war against the Others, but ultimately lost it when they were betrayed by a man on the inside (Ben). The sub belonged to DHARMA. Overall, Ben is exposed as a liar during this episode, directly responsible for the cold-blooded murder of dozens, possibly hundreds of people. Ben is unhappy with how the Others are treating Locke with respect and awe, and is at last seen to become jealous when Jacob agrees to meet Locke face-to-face and alone. The final moments of the episode are apparently huge. The insider refused to reveal what happens in the later flashbacks (which are rumoured to involve Dr. Candle and the Monster), nor did he deign to reveal who Jacob is.

Additional spoiler from another, as yet unproven source, this time about the finale:

Something happened to Jack between the plane crashing and when he woke up in the pilot episode. Jack's flashbacks reveal that Jack's father did not die from alcohol poisoning, but we don't find out the real reason. The same source is still saying that two regular characters die in the finale, but now claims that Jack accidentally shoots one of them dead in the final battle with the Others. :shock:

Guest Emperor

LOST 3.20 FAQ

What’s it called?

“The Man Behind The Curtain.”

Who’s responsible?

Teleplay is credited to Elizabeth Sarnoff (“Stranger in a Strange Land,” “Left Behind”) & Drew Goddard (“The Man From Tallahassee,” “One of Us”).

What does ABC say?

“Ben begrudgingly begins to introduce Locke to the secrets of the island, beginning with the mysterious Jacob. Meanwhile, Juliet's secret goes public. Guest starring are M.C. Gainey as Mr. Friendly/Tom, Tania Raymonde as Alex, Andrew Divoff as Mikhail, Nestor Carbonell as Richard Alpert, Marsha Thomason as Naomi, Sterling Beaumon as young Ben, Jon Gries as Roger Linus, Carrie Preston as Emily, Doug Hutchison as Horace, Samantha Mathis as Olivia and Madeline Carroll as Annie.”

How did last week’s promo go?

JACK: I think we got some catching up to do.

LOCKE: You tell me everything I want to know about the island. Why don’t you start at the beginning?

JULIET: I’ll report back when I know more.

JACK: Where did you get that?

SAWYER: You think you’re in any position to be asking us questions?

BEN: If I open this door there’s no turning back. You sure this is what you want? So be it.

Unfortunately not good spoilage this week...

No Karen and Gerald DeGroot? No Marvin Candle or Mark Wiklund? No Alvar Hanso? No Rousseau with her dynamite? And who plays Jacob?

I don’t know.

Roger Linus? Hey, Roger Work Man’s name was Roger too!

As the visuals from last week’s promos reminded us.

Ben Linus is played by a guy born in 1954, but the Dharma Initiative wasn't even founded until 1970, when Ben would have been about 16. Was Ben’s family on the island before Dharma? Is Dharma older than we think? Was Ben exaggerating when he said he’s lived on the island all his life?

I don’t know. Perhaps Ben is a good deal younger than 53-year-old actor Michael Emerson.

If the Dharma Initiative was purged from the island long ago, will we learn why the Dharma groceries keep parachuting down?

I don’t know.

Kevin Tighe as Anthony Cooper?

Perhaps we see him in Ben’s flashbacks. Perhaps we see his corpse.

Samantha Mathis is in this? She played the Sandra Bullock role in “Broken Arrow,” which inspired the name of this website!

She apparently plays a hot 1970s hippie chick!

I got excited and posted before the episode was over. Hehe.

Jacob is a lot more interesting that I ever thought.

And I thought that this was going to be one episode in which I wasn't going to have to exclaim "Dammit John!" I was wrong. Do you think he's really dead? Or will his healing abilities save him?

Guest Yveva

O. M. G. Lost, I now have an official crush on you!!!

I don't think we can count John as truly dead unless we see him buried in the sand (then again, do we have any confirmation that the two who were buried alive are dead?)

Seriously!!!! That was a kickasssssss episode!!

Why do you think Ben brought John to Jacob?

Also, if we go with biblical reference a little, Jacob was Benjamin's father, and Benjamin was a treasured son, one of two from his favourite wife (the other son was Joseph). Someone on one of the podcasts mentioned that the whole Locke killing his dad thing could be a reference to when Abraham was told to sacrifice Isaac, not sure if I buy that, but still.

Guest Cadsuane

OMG. I... I mean... I just... Wow. Locke isn't dead yet. Ben reminded me how hardcore he is. Richard looked like he didn't age at all between when Ben was 14 and when Ben was 45 or whatever he is now. Does that mean anything?

Why did Ben shoot Locke for hearing Jacob? If Jacob needed help, why could he not tell Ben? Is Ben somehow capable of both being in a position to be summoned by Jacob as well as in a position to cause Jacob to need help from Locke? Sooooo many questions...

Okay, so my 'unproven' source turned out to be total BS. Thank God for that. Some of the spoilers he was giving out over on The Fuselage forum were pretty lame.

Haven't seen this ep yet but it sounds nuts. Is Jacob some kind of psychic super-entity whom Ben is holding prisoner but at the same time is being manipulated by in some fashion (shades of the Other in Tad Williams' Otherland series)?

Guest Emperor

Observations and thoughts:

The teacher was the same woman who stopped on the side of the highway to help ben's father when ben was being born.

The ashes are probably acting as a barrier keeping Jacob in the confines of the house. Jacob was asking Locke to break the barrier so he could go free. Is this wise? Maybe Jacob turns into the smoke monster when he crosses the barrier.

Would it not be cool if Jacob turned out to be Randall Flagg? Let us not forget that King has some influence in this show.

Are the hostiles the remnants of the Black Rock?

Ben killed his father and became the leader of the hostiles. Locke also killed his father....

Guest Yveva

ps. Ben is more badassy than I expected.

pps. Mikhail? Anyone?

ppps. Looks like the Dynamite's coming in next episode (yay!)

pppps. Can Juliet be trusted?

ppppps. OMFG! (omifreakingosh!!!!!!!) that was a good episode and now I finally understand why people can get excited by Lost. I'm thinking that Ben felt threatened that Locke can hear Jacob, and that Jacob perhaps spoke directly to Locke without Ben hearing. He may be in a bit of a hostage situation. And how did the Others get modern (non jumpsuit) clothes? And this episode redeemed the finding the van episode. Ironic how much fun they had with the van, considering how it came to be there. Where are the other vans? Why didn't they keep the roads up and running?

Both people in the car that helped Ben and his dad on the day Ben was born were on the island.

(ps. Empy? the mom died)

Guest Cadsuane

I thought the substance was gunpowder, but I'll believe it's ashes. Whose (who's?) ashes? Or what's?

I can totally see Richard in pirate gear. 8)

I think they got new clothes because new people come to the island, and always have regular clothes on. It wouldn't be hard to grab all those up. Or, since they communicate with the mainland (though we still have yet to see how they take over the Dharma communications to reach some other agency, or develop an agency to reach), maybe they ask for new ones every once in a while.

Anyone else notice that Jacob's appearance and voice bear a STRONG resemblance to Kris Kristopherson? Whistler from the Blade movies.

The ashes/gunpowder looked like it may have been either granular or wet, I'm in favor of ashes, or perhaps someone who's more familiar with seance type stuff will have an idea.(pulverized Black Rock?)

I think Ben is scared deeply by John, not just for being able to hear Jacob, but also because of the willingness of the others to follow John. I think they are starting to realize just how twisted Ben really is. I think Jacob is somehow restrained by Ben and Ben was afraid that John might free him somehow. Ghost phenomena are supposedly tied to EM disturbance, maybe the 'anomaly' is cause by the Islands apparent ability to ensare the dead.

Is Richard dead and being kept alive by the Island, or is he a subject of the Life Extention Project. Anyone ever read Methuselah's Children by Heinlien? (sorry about the spelling) What if another purpose of the Black Rock was to set up a colony of extra-ordinary long lived people?

Did the Gas attack happen before after or during the deaths of Rousseau's team?

And if Ben wasn't born on the island how did he get cancer? Did Jacob give it to him, or did the Island try to kill him via the cancer?

Guest Cadsuane

Ooooh, Jacob giving Ben cancer would be fantastic, if Ben is the reason Jacob wants help. Then Jack had to come and spoil it for Jacob.

Guest Cadsuane

That might explain why they made a point to show Ben intentionally stepping over the substance, not just willynilly crossing it. That gives it more importance than it's simple existance and placement, IMO. We just need to find out what it's importance is. :P

I'm so pleased with TV right now. I don't need a lot of it to make me happy, but I get so excited for Lost and Heroes. It's nice to see that some people still want to make shows that inspire viewers this way. :)

Since my previous spoiler source was full of it, I'm doubtful about quoting any more spoilers. However, this one seems to be run from AICN, which has been pretty much on the button this season. According to them:

* We do not get a lot more information this season about Richard Alpert and the island’s other natives.

* We do not get a lot more information this season on the Dharma Initiative or the Hanso Foundation.

* We do not learn a lot more this season about Jacob.

* We don’t learn more about the four-toed statue.

* Christian Shepherd is not discovered alive.

* Libby does not appear.

* We will learn something huge about Kate.

* We get a major clue related to the “other” Oceanic 815 that boasted no survivors.

* We’ll be meeting new characters, but not in flashbacks.

* Rousseau’s original Frenchy broadcast from the pilot plays a role this week.

* There is much death in the finale.

* Yet another original cast member goes the way of Boone and Shannon.

* But, get this, another of the original regulars returns. And that regular is not listed among ABC’s cast list.

* We will see Terry O’Quinn at least one more time before the season ends.

* We see a new side of Hurley.

* Desmond does not sacrifice himself to save Charlie.

* There’s a big surprise involving Naomi and Penelope.

* The huge huge huge HUGE season-ending reveal resides in Jack’s very dark flashbacks, so watch them very carefully.

* Between now and 2008, fans may scratch holes in their heads wondering how this show is going to continue next season.

*In the finale flashbacks, the troubled Jack spends a lot of time trying to make phone contact with somebody, somebody obviously really important to him. And when he finally gets in touch with that person? It's gonna FREAK YOU OUT, MAN!!

They revealed a bit more in the comments section below:

Walt is the one who comes back and is directly responsible for saving Locke.

They are still on the island next year. Sort of.

Guest Cadsuane

*tears out hair with impatience*

Two days and 4.5 hours!! :x

*runs in circles*

*remembers Heroes is on tonight*

*is somewhat mollified* 8)

Archived