DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Advanced] Once Upon a Time Mafia- Game Over, Town Wins!!!

wheeloftime13

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Tsuki, did you think that Basel was fake claiming Cinderella or that Cinderella was likely to be a mafia character?

Why did you feel the need to post the question to BFG? 

What more would you want Basel to say? He made a full claim and gave his 2 top mafia reads (they could have been worded better admittedly but they were there).

Why did you think his vote on Thane was "too soon"?  

What are your reads currently? Specifically how do you read AJ, Thane, Ithi and Hallia. Provide whatever reasoning and/or evidence for those reads.

@Dawn, since you are no longer confused. Please give us your current thoughts as well. As much in depth reasoning would be preferred. 

Yes I think Dice was the mafia kill. I pointed this out earlier with the differences in the cut scenes. Chae's death sounds very much like a Vig compared to Dice.

Dice could've been killed to make me look bad, that's possible. Not putting a ton of weight in it though. I read him correctly as town, his top 3 were me, Thane and Dawn. I think his kill came more so from the confidence of his posting style. This is bordering meta territory but I think someone on the scum team saw Dice's confidence and thought perhaps he was a PR.

Still think Hallia is the best lynch for today. Her only reads were mostly town and she's been playing from the sidelines as well. Her calling both me and Thane partners but not voting either is telling imo. I'll bet she votes me over Thane as well, or would have anyway.

I would be willing to swap to Thane, RTE or Dawn. Pretty much in that order.

Yes I think Dice was the mafia kill. I pointed this out earlier with the differences in the cut scenes. Chae's death sounds very much like a Vig compared to Dice.

Dice could've been killed to make me look bad, that's possible. Not putting a ton of weight in it though. I read him correctly as town, his top 3 were me, Thane and Dawn. I think his kill came more so from the confidence of his posting style. This is bordering meta territory but I think someone on the scum team saw Dice's confidence and thought perhaps he was a PR.

Oh yes. I had forgotten the flavor of the night scene. Yes the heart removal is very much the action of the evil queen (from the wiki)

IIRC the other kill was basically that Chae was shot with an arrow. Do you think that Chae was more likely a vig kill or a SK? I read her as more middle of the pack and therefore not very likely as a vig shot. (unless it was Tommy again, lol) My take would be more likely that it is a SK out there. I would have expected Thane to be the most likely vig shot TBH. 

Oh and as to your question about TG - I'm not a fan of his absence but he hasn't posted anywhere from what I can tell. I think he's genuinely gone, so no, I don't think his vote remaining on Basel is indicative of anything. Like I stated earlier looking back at his posts from the quotes I pull I think he's probably town. This is also mostly gut and meta since I'm pretty familiar with his play style.

The Vig/SK thing will shake itself out eventually I think. Someone is going to claim eventually and once they do, we can evaluate that player. I'm not familiar with the theme at all but I think the arrow probably points to the huntsman from Nikon's wiki post. Was he a good or bad guy?

AJ, I'm not that into lynching either RTE or Dawn today. Thane would be a reasonable choice to me. I still think you are the best bet for finding mafia but I can wait for more people to bring their opinions. 

Why do you think that Hallia would be more likely to vote you over Thane? if she is thinking you are maf-maf then either should be amenable. That line of thought would only really be applicable if she and Thane were were a team together.  

Hallia, why aren't you voting one of them if you think they are both mafia? 

That's exactly what I'm thinking Turin. She's throwing mud my way but also trying to distance from Thane. I say she would vote me over him because I'm beginning to think they are both mafia.

I'd lynch one and Vig the other if I had the gun, personally.

The Vig/SK thing will shake itself out eventually I think. Someone is going to claim eventually and once they do, we can evaluate that player. I'm not familiar with the theme at all but I think the arrow probably points to the huntsman from Nikon's wiki post. Was he a good or bad guy?

I don't know the show either. I read some of the wiki. In it he is said to have had a "relationship" and work for the Evil Queen. But not always willingly and apparently defies her some. I read it as a very grey character which could easily be either. Someone with more show knowledge would have to shed light on that for me. 

I find it odd that those that commented on it all seemed to assume Vig first. Except Talmanes, I think. 

@Tsuki, did you think that Basel was fake claiming Cinderella or that Cinderella was likely to be a mafia character? I felt basel's claim was irrelevant, as Disney/ABC have hundreds of characters, and I am assuming (as someone else did) that scum have safe claims. Therefore, any character claim, followed by VT, is - to me - irrelevant. As I said, I voted because I said I would, and wouldn't be able to get back in time.

Why did you feel the need to post the question to BFG? 

What Question?

What more would you want Basel to say? He made a full claim and gave his 2 top mafia reads (they could have been worded better admittedly but they were there). His "top two" mafia reads were his ONLY two mafia reads. I agreed with him, on Thane. But, as Town, it is not always about my opinion, it is about the opinion of the group. I had spent ALL DAY pointing fingers at Dawn and Thane (FTMP), and couldn't convince anyone to join me. *shrug*

Why did you think his vote on Thane was "too soon"?  That vote was made in the first 2 pages of the game. Anyone who calls a scum that soon is lucky, not skilled.

What are your reads currently? Specifically how do you read AJ, Thane, Ithi and Hallia. Provide whatever reasoning and/or evidence for those reads.

Evidence - Nope. Gotta go to sleep ASAP, work at 6 am, get pissed with no sleep.

Ithi - Don't know her meta. hard to read. Came in good, pointed fingers, stirred shit up. I read that as Town. However, she IS a skilled player - 6 (1=scummiest scum, 10 = towniest town)

AJ - Very defensive, seems to lead, similar phrasing between him and Thane, good at clouding - 4

Thane - I read as newscum. Fast vote switching, too willing to be sheeped, takes cues from others to easily, arguments are weak, defenses are more like deflections. = 2

Turin - Unknown meta. He balefires me often. Comes in, stirs the pot, draws people in. - 6

Hallia - Lurks,  pings as town. Need to refresh self, but a quick reread of the Assassin's Creed Mafia in which she and I played, shows that this is her town meta. -7

Dawn - Has more games than me. No way she is that confused. Discrepency in Defense argument, as she placed an early vote on Basel for something that flew around on Day 1. =2

BFG - Not sure, need to reread. Seems lurky, unkown meta. Never voted, suspicious, that,

@Dawn, since you are no longer confused. Please give us your current thoughts as well. As much in depth reasoning would be preferred. 

For the post count go back to the Black Tower page and click on the number of replies for the game.

For ISO, make sure you are in this thread - scroll up to the very top of the page and click on the magnifying glass icon. When it takes you the next page, enter the player's username you want to check and then hit search. Make sure you put their username in exactly or it won't work.

Turin is really doing some good investigating making up for the lack of posts we had from Ice... I'm getting a good town vibe from him.

As for your question Andre, the Huntsman was also the Sheriff of the town. He ran things the way he was told by the evil queen and maintained a personal relationship with her until later on in the season when he begins to believe Henry's story that his heart is missing (stolen by the queen) and he goes searching for it. His memories from the storybook world return towards the end of the season and the evil queen kills him. When he dies Henry's mom becomes the new Sheriff.

These are Thane's posts from today. Looking over them again I don't think are super scummy, but they don't make me feel very great about him either.

i think that even inexperienced players should know that discussing/talking about PR's openly in the thread would only help mafia. So it could be: 1) a really bad townmove or 2) a way to distract the doc to protect that player, and leave other players open for NK (like Tsuki mentioned)

I'm not avoiding Dawn, i've mentioned that i need to read more of her to form a better opinion. If i vote someone, i have to base it on my reads and feelings, not someone elses. She is coming up my radar for a few remarks... but i wish to look closer.

Or, totally random thought here, AJ and Tsuki are scum and want to start a train on Dawn...

..many options *nods*

Seems pretty hesitant to give a read on Dawn.

Plants some WIFOM that Tsuki and I are both mafia trying to get Dawn mislynched.

we have some time untill DL indeed. It'll be interesting to see what the other players will have to say.

Acticity, would be nice if it went up from all players (except the ones who can't stop posting in here :tongue:). New elements can clear any doubt, or confirm suspicions. But if i have nothing new to go after, i'd have to use old things that might not go with the current line of thinking for most people. Should've been a diffirent after N1, seeing what happened.

I have to admit that i read Basel wrong, but i wasn't the only one.... 2 townies being killed in one night, that's even worse.

After having read the previous pages (24 and 25 are quite interesting), my suspicions of one player have gone up. Higher than my previous vote.

unvote vote Nikon

fishing after PR's isn't the smartest thing to do in the public thread, it would only help mafia.

Votes Nikon for the Vig spec - as I've already said, Nikon is a townie in my eyes. Basically follows BFG's vote here, the reasoning is kind of meh too. Like I said, Nikon posting that stuff in thread doesn't make sense at all if he's mafia - where he could've just posted in the QT.

the only downside to that reasoning would be that, for D1, in the worst case, you would kill 5 town before you reach scum (if there are 4). Plus, i doubt scum would all go on one single train, wouldn't make sense (if they play well).

we're focussing too much on the D1 train and not on what happened after.

(for Ithi: good luck with your son, i hope he'll be ok soon)

Here he seems to be alluding to that we should ignore the D1 lynch train, this doesn't really sit well with me. Continues to push the idea that scum wouldn't all be on the same wagon, which I can agree with to a certain extent but it doesn't make it 100% by any means.

Turin is really doing some good investigating making up for the lack of posts we had from Ice... I'm getting a good town vibe from him.

As for your question Andre, the Huntsman was also the Sheriff of the town. He ran things the way he was told by the evil queen and maintained a personal relationship with her until later on in the season when he begins to believe Henry's story that his heart is missing (stolen by the queen) and he goes searching for it. His memories from the storybook world return towards the end of the season and the evil queen kills him. When he dies Henry's mom becomes the new Sheriff.

I agree with Turin - he's almost positively Town imo. Glad he took over an otherwise inactive slot.

The Huntsman sounds kind of good in that case. Especially if he turned on the evil queen and she killed him. Did he typically use a bow and arrow in the show?

This is very interesting.

If Dawn is lynched and flips scum, this vets Andrej. No way that is a bus move. Nikon's PR comment... Hrm. He is still new to Mafia but I do like AJ's comment that scum would have posted that on thread. Generally have a town lean on Nikon.

Right now scummier reads would have to be Dawn and Thane. I agree with AJ's reasoning on Tsuki. I also found it interesting so many people popped up and posted after I did. BFG I will get to answering your questions. I do remember my train of thought on those actions and will get to that.

Right now going with Vote Dawn

We're getting close to deadline and I think her lynch will be quite informative. And more importantly will be one mafia down.

The bolded bits were what I was talking about. He saws that a scum flip on Dawn would vet me, but what happens if she flips town? He could pretty easily turn that around to make me look bad since I started her wagon. Also calls her lynch informative - but he does maintain a scum read on her.

Overall not a terrible post, but it does leave some potential for him to change his reads later depending on how Dawn turned up.

Hallia ISO. Overall not a ton of content, some interesting reads in there though - not a single scum read all game until her last post where she links me and Thane. Not a very good sign typically. There's a few nudges and mostly just fluff. Definitely feeling good about a Hallia lynch.

(Unless you're from San Diego.  Then you call him Sandy Eggo buddy)

This is kind of null and an on-going joke between us, could be an early buddying attempt though. This was after I introduced myself to Tal.

Hrm.

I have a good read on you. :happy:

AJ's probably town.

I never can tell with Dawn.  She is baffling to me :laugh:

Not sure what to make of Basel yet, if he's being his normal awesome helpful self, or being a little....too helpful. DUN DUN DUNNNNN

Interesting reads here. This was in response to Chae. Says she has a good feeling about Chae (vetted town), thinks I'm probably town, fence sits on Dawn and then kind of nudges Basel here in a playful way (another vetted townie). Hallia lynch could give some info on Dawn.

I'm home from work (Yes, work :tongue: )  

I'm free to answer any questions you might have of me.

Another null-ish post. Not really liking the way she announces that she's here and available for questions but doesn't offer any reads herself.

Going off of gut, I have good feels on Tina, Chael, Basel and Tsuki.   Haven't seen anything too overtly scummy, with the exception of Thane's voting on RTE early on, but he's newer so I'll throw him a bone.

Interesting town reads, again. Two vetted townies in there and the other two I agree with. Doesn't have any scum reads but mentions Thane, but wants to give him a pass for being a new player. Hallia lynch gives some good info on Thane and vice versa.

It's a little early for that, don't you think?  D1 can be like that sometimes, not that we shouldn't press for more out of him.

But that seems like picking the low hanging fruit

This was in response to Tal proposing we could lynch Ice if majority wasn't going to be reached. Tsuki agrees - I commented on this and said it wasn't a good idea, but here Hallia comments on it in a way that makes Tal and Tsuki both look bad for the 'low hanging fruit' thing.

My bet: Ithi and AJ are BOTH town and mafia is spread over the two trains, hoping as the deadline gets closer people will scramble.

This one is interesting. More town reads, calls both me and Ithi likely town instead of really commenting on the subject at hand. The town/town thing could work in a way to avoid both me and Ithi turning our attention towards her.

I see that we get a punishment for not having a majority.  With three hours to go I'll go with

Vote Basel

I don't see him as particularly scummy, but rather to know then a random kill with no info.

Consolidates on Basel - that alone isn't very scummy. Don't like the way she kind of ditches the responsibility of the vote though by saying she doesn't think he's scummy but wants to avoid a random.

Learned a valuable lesson from Yates regarding the Vig kill; if our lynch today flips town, you lynch from the people on their train.  If they flip scum you pick off of it.   It basically puts scum in a bad place, and I think is a brilliant move.

This comment was what made me ask Hallia is she were the Vig directly. This was a recent game where another player fake-claimed Vig after a N1 kill, the idea of shooting those on the wagon of a townie flip was purposed by him in the game. Considering Chae was on the Basel wagon and was killed, this type of comment made sense if Hallia was the vig since she thinks the move is brilliant. Apparently she isn't though, so that goes out the window.

No, I'm not, but that sounds like role fishing to me AJ

Her response to me asking if she's the Vig. Not liking how she immediately responds in a negative manner, throwing out a buzzword like role fishing at me.

I'm betting on an AJ/Thane team.  AJ pushed Basel pretty hard D1, and then dropped this little gem:

Dice is town.

Soul read.

I'm gonna look back at Thane but in general nothing of his really stood out, I don't invest a lot of value in vote swapping D1.

Funny, Dice was the N1 kill, so this would ordinarily make AJ seem townish.  He then tries to say nothing stood out, but promises to look back at him.

voting inactivity on D1 is low.. even mentioning it would seem like wanting to lynch a possible townie. One less for scum to have to NK. We should focus more on the people that are actully around and let the mod decide inactivity and it's consequences.

If the only reason people read me scummy is my changing of votes.... wow... it has gotten people to talk, and i wouldn't have done it if it weren't for the fact that i want people to be more active. You can't tell scum if the game is not active.

That said, i get the feeling Basel wants to get the lynchtrain going on me.... feel like i'm being singled out here. He already was on my possible scumlist, there's a deadline and we need to get going in the game. His actions just made me make a decision.

vote Basel

Thane is all to happy to join him on Basel.

Then this is her last post - her first actual scum reads in the game. Links me to Thane, which is sort of telling if Thane gets lynched and flips as mafia considering how she handled her read on him previously. Not liking this one bit. The case isn't very clear either as to what she was trying to express - I don't see how the two quotes she pulled correlate. Also seems to be trying to pin the Dice NK on me since I called him town D1.

For the post count go back to the Black Tower page and click on the number of replies for the game.

For ISO, make sure you are in this thread - scroll up to the very top of the page and click on the magnifying glass icon. When it takes you the next page, enter the player's username you want to check and then hit search. Make sure you put their username in exactly or it won't work.

Sorry - I should've been a little more detailed. Enter the username you want to search in the 'Find Author' box, I'm sure you could figure that out on your own - but just in case lol :wink:

well, i'm back. It would be helpful if we would know the vig, but, i doubt it's a good idea to reveal himself/herself for now.

Don't like RTE and TG being absent. no idea if they lay low, or if they really are absent. Keeping my eye on both of them.

Nikon had an eye on me for a long time, didn't seem to want to move his vote untill the lynch on Basel was getting obvious. Have an off-vibe from him.

Hallia, i dunno. Wish she'd be more active and curious to see how she will react on her vote.

Then there's dice.. way too quiet. Either lurking in the shadows or not really paying attention to the game.

Tsuki switches constantly for me... then he's ok, then he's scum.. for now, scummy feel.

Ithi... dunno.... started off a strong scum read, then caught up, will be looking into her progress in the game.

AJ, dawn, Talmanes seem town to me. Or i could be totally mistaken.

For now vote Tsuki , can't tell if his mention of 3 town dead being fun was sarcastic, or hidden joy.

or maybe DEAD. 

Maybe you meant Ice tho...Yes, just saw that. Well no need to worry about him lurking anymore. 

Why say that you could be totally mistaken on your three town reads? Doesn't that nullify your reads on them?

Archived