DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Heavy Metal

Amar Cerim

I was confused with the Entertainment forum section since there is no music subsection, so I decided to ask if there are any metalheads on DM here. I do hope that doesn't present itself as a problem. So if you like any kind of metal ( heavy, thrash, power, death, melo death, folk, black, industrial, viking, celtic etc. ) please post it here and give me some of your favorite bands, and we can discuss them etc. :) 

I may have missed a similar post, so please do forgive me and redirect me to this post :) 

Keep on headbangin' ! 

theres no music section in the entertainment board because the Band of the Red Hand SG is pretty much where all the music threads and stuff end up.  iirc that group does alot of games and threads and stuff aroudn all types of music, so you might want to check them out ^_^

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check it out when I have some more time :) 

pagan/folkk metal i listen to the mostt of any contemporarry genre (so obviusly wouldnt be including traditionall folk music or clasical which i listen to more). I like som songs from other metall genres but very few and here andd there. even with pagan/folk i only like very particular fragments so not sure if qualify as metalhead lol. i like lot of korpiklaani and waylander (lot is at least hallf or so of their songs), litle bit of arkona and heidevolk and finntroll (maybe a quarterr or less), random songs here and there over different groupps such as i like few of tyr's songs and couple of mael mordha's and skiltron's songs (and literally mean a couple). Im very fussy when comes to music so i dont have a whole lot to listen to though i woulld like more lol.

I'm guessing you like the folk metal with clean vocals. Imo. the best folk metal band is Ensiferum but they don't dwell on clean vocals. I would recommend In Extremo, a german band similar to Rammstein but they are folk metal. Oh and any Rammstein fans btw. ? :)

Here's a very good performance from In Extremo, true folk metal :D

Since I did mention Ensiferum, and Jari Maenpaa was Ensiferum's ex-vocal/frontman, he created a new band called Wintersun. Any fans of Wintersun ? I truly think they are a really talented bunch of musicians, and here's proof. 

pagan/folkk metal i listen to the mostt of any contemporarry genre (so obviusly wouldnt be including traditionall folk music or clasical which i listen to more). I like som songs from other metall genres but very few and here andd there. even with pagan/folk i only like very particular fragments so not sure if qualify as metalhead lol. i like lot of korpiklaani and waylander (lot is at least hallf or so of their songs), litle bit of arkona and heidevolk and finntroll (maybe a quarterr or less), random songs here and there over different groupps such as i like few of tyr's songs and couple of mael mordha's and skiltron's songs (and literally mean a couple). Im very fussy when comes to music so i dont have a whole lot to listen to though i woulld like more lol.

I'm guessing you like the folk metal with clean vocals. Imo. the best folk metal band is Ensiferum but they don't dwell on clean vocals. I would recommend In Extremo, a german band similar to Rammstein but they are folk metal. Oh and any Rammstein fans btw. ? :)

He likes Korpiklaani, so I don't think he specifically need clean vocals ☺. That said, WildTaltos, you should definitely try Ensiferum. Like skuggar said, they are the best in folk metal

ive heard of in extremo though becuse i was looking for othre versions of an icelandic folk song, krummavisur, and they had done theiir own version of it. it was ok, ill have to take a closer look at them. i like a few of rammsteins songs but onlly a few, their lyrics mosttly dont mean much to me (as in the mesage of the lyrics, I dont need to undrstand the languge personaly) and thatts one of the things i look for in songs, have to conect to what the lyrics are conveying.

He likes Korpiklaani, so I don't think he specifically need clean vocals ☺. That said, WildTaltos, you should definitely try Ensiferum. Like skuggar said, they are the best in folk metal

ive listened to few of ensiferums songs, didnt like them, thuogh probably shouldnt judge off three or four songs and i have to go backk to listen to them to say why exactly rubbed me wrong way because i cant remember.

Everyone likes Rammstein, they just have a think about them that makes them special. The same is with SOAD, in my opinion. 

Oh and Chaelca I love the cover :D

hehe glad u liked it !

SOAD, now that's a special band for me. Last time i got tattooed, the tattoo artist played albums of theirs for the first 2 hours lol

ive listened to few of ensiferums songs, didnt like them, thuogh probably shouldnt judge off three or four songs and i have to go backk to listen to them to say why exactly rubbed me wrong way because i cant remember.

Have you listened to this? :)

Though this is from one of their newer albums, after Jari left

Have you listened to this? :)

Though this is from one of their newer albums, after Jari left

This is a must listen to song. Just legendary. 

Also if this song+this video doesn't give you the chills then I don't understand you :D

• 1 month later...

I was going to make a thread on this until I saw this!

I love all kinds of music but progressive metal is where my heart is at, mainly more modern bands. Favourite band of all time is Between the Buried and Me. Other favourites are Protest the Hero, Periphery, Opeth, Coheed and Cambria, Devin Townsend, Karnivool, Mastodon, Pain of Salvation, The Dillinger Escape Plan, The Mars Volta. Pantera is what got me into heavy metal though.

I'm also into pretty much anything else, for example I'm a huge fan of the acapella group Pentatonix, and I like a lot of acoustic acts like Tori Kelly, Ed Sheeran, City and Colour. Also bands like The Reign of Kindo and The Dear Hunter write amazing music which is just really pleasant to listen to.

Anyone on here play guitar or any other instrument?

I know some of the bands mentioned but have a slightly different taste than most here I think haha.

I listen to a big variety of music and metal in general, but mostly deathcore, metal core, and power metal.

Bands I've been listening to the most lately would probably be Feed Her to the Sharks, Dead Silence Hears My Cries, and Nocturnal Rites.

I also do scream vocals for my band called Cross My Heart. We're Metalcore and if anyone is interested we have some stuff off our album on YouTube.

Can't link from my phone, but one of our songs is called Forgotten, Not Forgiven, and it'll come up if you search band and song.

Bands I've been listening to the most lately would probably be Feed Her to the Sharks, Dead Silence Hears My Cries, and Nocturnal Rites.

:huh:

You need help, lol

It is like Type O Negative who have a lot of songs about death and dying !

Well Feed Her to The Sharks (first album anyway) is just awesome Death core with catchy cleans.

Dead Silence Hears My Cries are symphonic Death core, and considering I'm a huge Nightwish fan, I really like all the orchestral type stuff and it goes really well with heavier music too.

Nocturnal Rites is actually upbeat music wise, though maybe not lyrics as much.

Yesterday and today I've been on a Haste the Day kick though.

• 3 weeks later...

Been busy as hell lately and didn't have time for Dragonmount... 

Anyways, two weeks ago I went to Amon Amarth live ! They absolutely kicked ass ! That show I will never forget! I just kept grinning all the time haha ! 

I see that metalcore/deathcore has been mentioned, not such a big fan of it but there are some pretty awesome bands. Favorites are probably Trivium, Lamb of God, Rings of Saturn (some bloody alien shit :D) 

• 3 weeks later...

I mostly listen to classic metal.  Blue Oyster Cult, Black Sabbath, Dio, Deeo Purple, Queensryche, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, etc.

Most metal today is all about some guy who can't sing screaming into a mike.  the lyrics such, the music is all interchangable.

Dragon Force is a prime example of how far metal has fallen.  They are the single worst band of all time.  I would rather listen to nothing but the cheesiest hair metal for all eternity than spend 10 seconds listening to them.   Herman Li is like a retarded 3 year old beating a guitar into his head when he plays live.  It takes more than playing really far and tapping to be a great guitarist. 

Archived