DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Still worth reading if already spoiled?

yellowsailor

I'd like to apologize beforehand if I posted this in the wrong discussion.

I started reading Wheel of Time several years back. I got through The Shadow Rising and was about 2/3 of the way through Fires of Heaven when I stopped reading (this was a year or two ago). Now that the final book is out, I've had an urge to reread it and this time actually finish it. The problem is, due to my friends and the internet, I've already had some major plot points spoiled for me (VAGUE SPOILERS: I know the big thing that happens in the 9th book, and Darrell K. Sweet's original sketch for A Memory of Light seems to have spoiled the ending). Taking this into consideration, is it still worth reading it? And if it is, should I restart from the beginning or continue from where I left off?

Thanks

P.S. If you don't know what I mean about the Memory of Light sketch, scroll down to the bottom of this page (spoilers of course): http://www.tor.com/blogs/2012/04/a-darrell-k-sweet-wheel-of-time-tribute-including-a-memory-of-light-sketch

Personally I'd say yes, but then I've never been too bothered by knowing major events beforehand. (I can see how that would spoil a, say, murder mystery, but epic fantasy? Not for me.) That said, only you can decide whether you're still interested in reading/finishing the series.

How do the things that have been spoiled for you make you feel? Do they make you want to know how those events came to be? To "see" for yourself how everything went down? Or is there a sense of disappointment, that you didn't want those things to happen? Or are you indifferent either way?

Yes, well worth reading. That sketch had been predicted for most of the series.

Without saying to much, it may still suprise you.

As for the end of the 9th book, you may know what happens, but its still one of the best scenes in the series, and well worth the read.

I'm currently only on the first book (albeit almost done with it), and the friend who introduced me to it has spoiled some of the more major stuff.

But it actually just makes me want to read it all the more. That and the fact that I manage to forget the things he has spoiled until after I actually read them.

I am the type of reader that does not mind spoilers.

I at times skim through future scenes of any fiction I read.  And if there is info about the particular fiction on the Internet, I at times read that info.

Archived