DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mafia Game: Daes Dae'Mar

Kison

Im in, you should make it a little smaller though. I actually played this Mafia game (although not WoT based) at school after Midterms. There were Mafia members, normal people and a police officer.

YOu might also think of making some people more than one thing. Like the doctor could be from Illian and a Dragonsworn could be Tieran.

Yeah but having a doctor for each type of mafia, and a serial killer with only two kills is a bit simplistic. Also having a policeman for each type of mafia is a bit strange.

Also whats the point of the wisdom? I mean it doesn't really matter who kills whom, in fact is half the fun writing up the death scenes with clues pointing to who did the killing?

2nd the compulsion expert is a bit convaluted. Why not just make it a Warder/Aes Sedai bond. That makes a lot more sense.

I would recommend, 2 groups of 3 mafia

2 full cops

2 full docs

1 Vig

1 SK

A group of Masons

+ a couple exotics

+3-4 Vanillas

Yeah but having a doctor for each type of mafia' date=' and a serial killer with only two kills is a bit simplistic. Also having a policeman for each type of mafia is a bit strange.[/quote']

The game itself is strange. Having two "policemen" complicates the game and adds more roles. More roles means you have less of an idea of who is lying and who is truthful.

Also whats the point of the wisdom?

Same reason as above. More complexity. More things for people to do.

2nd the compulsion expert is a bit convaluted. Why not just make it a Warder/Aes Sedai bond. That makes a lot more sense.

Because compulsion expert gets a role, even if it is a stupid one, as do the two who have it woven on them. Secondly, since there is a "channeler" role, the Aes Sedai would throw people off logically. I specifically stayed away from any channeler characters other than the "Channeler" role.

Basically, it looks like you're used to a more "traditional" method of playing. I recommend giving it a shot before calling it to shame.

I have played weired games before. But I am not sure what the point of the Wisdom is?

Adding complexity isn't a good enough reason for me, if the role is indistinguishable from a vanilla townie it shouldn't be there.

Besides isn't it normal to not annonce the roles beforehand, so that people can fake role claim with some chance of sucess. This way the mafia has no where to run, and thus when someone says I am the wisdom, the real wisdom will pipe up, showing the mafia.

I have played weired games before. But I am not sure what the point of the Wisdom is?

Adding complexity isn't a good enough reason for me, if the role is indistinguishable from a vanilla townie it shouldn't be there.

You know what, you may not see it, and I may be wrong. I'll admit that now. But your tone implies that you have the inability to accept it as a -possible- "good" addition to the game. I differ in that I tend to try new things before I cast them as bad.

Besides isn't it normal to not annonce the roles beforehand, so that people can fake role claim with some chance of sucess.

I should have announced that I could give powers at will to people, but I guess I left that out. That would cover what you claim is missing.

Poor Kison! Everyone's a critic. :P

Yes. Oh well, though. If no-one wants to try something new, it ain't my loss.

I'll accept as a good addition to the game when someone shows' date=' me the evidence and the arguments to show me that it IS a good addition.[/quote']

I never ASKED you to accept it as a good addition. What I've said, for the third time now, is that you are calling it a bad addition without even trying it whereas I am neutral.

Will you be giving powers to people at will during the game?

I would, yes, like I said before.

Do we have enough players to begin?

No, and I've also said the game won't happen here, because I did not know at the time of making this thread that there was another mafia game occurring on these forums. I don't have moderating powers, so I can't lock or delete the thread. But people keep posting, so I keep replying. :)

Archived