DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mafia Game: Daes Dae'Mar

Kison

This is the unofficial(meaning I am doing this myself) Dragonmount version of Daes Dae'Mar, the game of accusations, deception, bluffing, outright lying, backstabbing, murder, etc.

I will start a new thread once the game is to begin. Read all instructions before posting.

The object of the game is to eliminate both the Dragonsworn and the Darkfriends from the community because of their strings of murders. Be careful, though, because YOU may be accused of being a Dragonsworn or a Darkfriend!

There are two cycles to this game. The night cycle, and the day cycle.

DAY: During the day, you can discuss amongst yourselves about who you believe are the Dragonsworn and who are the Darkfriends. You can use everything at your disposal, except that once you die, you can no longer post on the thread, or send PMs to others about the game. In other words, dead men/women tell no tales. The players will also spend the day voting on who they will execute for being either a Darkfriend or a Dragonsworn. One person is executed per evening.

NIGHT: The night cycle will occur at Midnight EST. During the night cycle, which lasts only long enough for me to post the results, gameplay events will occur, such as murders. The execution also occurs at this time, and the person with the most votes is the one the villagers execute.

I, Kison, will assign roles to each player. I will also kill anyone at my discretion, for reason such as cheating and/or inactivity.

The possible roles are:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Darkfriend : There are TWO Darkfriends posing as citizens. The Darkfriends, as a group, can commit one murder per evening.

Dragonsworn: There are TWO Dragonsworn posing as citizens. The Dragonsworn, as a group, can commit one murder per evening.

Channeler : There is ONE channeler. They can be either male or female. The channeler has the ability to place a ward around only ONE person's house, including themself, per evening. The ward will only prevent a DARKFRIEND kill.

Bodyguard : There is ONE bodyguard in the village. The bodyguard will protect only ONE person per evening from a Dragonsworn. If the Bodyguard sees anyone without a Dragonsworn insignia, he will run off and not protect the villager for that evening.

Assassin : There is ONE Assassin with two poisonous daggers which guarantee a kill. He/She is able to kill one person per evening. He/She is limited to two kills.

Questioner : There is ONE Questioner in the village. The Questioner is able to learn the identity of one of the Darkfriends every evening. He/She is not automatically told who the Dragonsworn are.

Detective : There is ONE Detective in the village. The Detective is able to learn the identity of one of the Dragonsworn every evening. He/She is not automatically told who the Darkfriends are.

Wisdom : The Wisdom is able to tell whether someone was killed by a Darkfriend or a Dragonsworn.

Compulsion Expert : A channeler who knows only of the Compulsion weave. This person can make two people fall in love with eachother. This person can use this ability one time only. Lovers must do their absolute best to prevent the other from being executed. If one lover dies, the other will commit suicide out of agony.

Illianer / Tairen : Having lived in this foreign village for so long, the Tairens and Illianers have lost their accents. However, they still hate eachother with a passion. Tairen and Illianers will do their best to attempt to have the other executed. Tairen and Illianers will be told of eachother at the beginning of the game.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Players may sign up by sending me a PM. I will start a new thread at the start of the game: when I feel that we not only have enough players to begin, but also that I feel that everyone understands what they're supposed to do.

Please use this thread to post questions.

** PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS WILL NOT OCCUR IF TOO FEW PEOPLE SIGN UP **

Keep signing up people. There's no limit to how many people may join(I can toss in new roles if need-be), but remember that this will not happen if I don't get enough. I can still chop off some roles, but there are some vital ones that must be filled up.

And bah. I would have joined the Fiddlesticks game had I seen it.

Darkfriends = 1 kill per night

Dragonsworn = 1 kill per night

Assassin = 1 kill per night (max 2)

+ compulsion expert can cause two people to fall in love so two kills for the price of one.

You have the possibility of four kills in the first night? And ... then three more the next night? That's an ... interesting role list. :shock: How long is this game meant to last?

Two only die if one of the people who had compulsion wove upon them die. Not exactly the most likely thing to happen.

Also, keep in mind that if the Darkfriends, or Dragonsworn die, they can no longer kill. Same goes with the Vigilante, who can only kill two people total.

Such numerous amounts of deaths will cause people to be wary. But, I've yet to have a PM sent. I guess people are playing the other mafia game. So I doubt this will happen. Was a nice try, though.

psst...Kison, watch out! Sirayn is the absolute Mafia Expert... a veteran of some of the most devious games played sofar... when she starts talking numbers, the Good, the Bad and the Ugly start quivering in their boots!!

psst...Kison' date=' watch out! Sirayn is the absolute Mafia Expert... a veteran of some of the most devious games played sofar... when she starts talking numbers, the Good, the Bad and the Ugly start quivering in their boots!![/quote']

Kison does not quiver!

Egwene and Alys have a vastly overstated notion of my mafia-playing competence. I just let you keep your illusions because it boosts my ego. :P

I can see where you're coming from, Kison, but I don't think you've factored in the length of the game in encouraging the compulsion expert and the vigilante to act early. If we take out those two roles entirely, here's a basic projection for ten players:

day 1 - 10 players (lynch, kill, kill)

day 2 - 7 players (lynch, kill, kill)

day 3 - 4 players (lynch, kill, kill)

day 4 - 1 player - GAME OVER

Endgame in three days. That means that if they have assessed the situation at all, both the compulsion expert and the vigilante will use their powers immediately - the vigilante, for example, has to kill twice in the first three nights (edit: at least he does if he wants to use his powers, since there won't be a fourth night). Here's an updated projection using the same scenario but assuming both the compulsion expert and the vigilante use their roles:

day 1 - 10 players (lynch, kill, kill, vig, comp)

day 2 - 5 players (lynch, kill, kill, vig)

day 3 - 1 players - GAME OVER

Endgame in two days. And given that a mafia game is already rolling, I doubt you'll get ten players, so this is actually a conservative projection. So that's why I think there are too many killing roles.

PS: Maths loves us all. :P

Kison, feel free to use our sign up thread in Fiddlesticks if you want to mod a game. Just say that you're modding the next game and then wait for people to sign up. We have about 12 people who play regularly. :P

Also, I agree with Sirayn. Math loves us. :)

I saw a lot of people on the boards, and I had no idea there was a second game rolling, as I said before.

I don't necessarily want to MOD a game, I just want to somehow be involved in one. I'm just going to wait for the next one to come up, if there is a next time.

Sirayn:

I said that the roles would be handed out according to the number of people who signed up. As you can see, with all the roles offered, 14 players would be required to fill in every role to the minimum:

2 Darkfriends

2 Dragonsworn

1 Vigilante

1 Channeler

1 Bodyguard

1 Assassin

1 Questioner

1 Detective

1 Wisdom

1 Compulsion Expert

1 Illianer

1 Tairen

Secondly, although the Compulsion Expert would result in two deaths if either victim were killed, there is a decent chance that one of those deaths would be a murderer, thus resulting in fewer deaths per evening. Also, the power would only result in one additional death, as the requirement for a suicide is one player having died anyways.

Thirdly, the vigilante selectively targets Darkfriends and Dragonsworn, as do the lynchings. Those kills, if correct, would also dwindle the murders going on in the village.

Fourthly: Since there are two killing factions, there are also two sanctifiers: Doctor and Channeler. Although neither have a 100% shot at protecting the right person, that lowers the statistical probability of a successful kill to a degree.

I would agree, though, that the game would go a bit quickly if everything went wrong. But that's the toss of the dice. :)

Nor do I believe this is a perfect game setup, but I like to try first and fix the mistakes. Don't get me wrong, though, I appreciate the criticism. I'll admit that I did not consider the rapidity of the game with the number of murder roles.

:shock: OMG!!! I can't wait to see Sira and Kison face each other in a game... it will be the duel of the statistics :D

Just think though how they would befuddle us all if they ended up on the same side :lol:

That's something I hadn't factored into my projection - a higher percentage of killing roles means that 1. killers have a high chance of taking each other out and 2. healers and guards have a higher chance of preventing kills. Go post here to mod the next game and when we're done with our current game, we'll give yours a go. :D

Honestly, I don't know how well I'd do. I've not even played a game, only watched. I'd rather see them host it(if they wanted to).

It's one thing to mod it on a forum where they've never heard of Mafiascum. It's another to host it somewhere where it's a regular pastime.:D

We're not exactly a polished crew. We just play one game at a time with our core of regulars and whatever new people come along. Some of us are pretty laid-back, while others are obsessive-compulsives who want to predict and strategise for every possible scenario, like ... um ... someone not too far from this post. :oops: You'll be fine. Come play a game or two if you want to get experience before you mod.

edit: Not many of us have heard of Mafiascum either - and the ones who have know it only from the wikipedia article on mafia. :P

Archived