DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New RP outline [Working Title in Progress]

Sherper

So the basic setting is.

The band didn't get its weekly shipment of meat and other goodies from the supply cart that goes in, and the next wagon load won't be arriving until the week after.

Running low on good stuff to eat, a few of the band decide to venture out into the woods to hopefully collect some game to subsidize their otherwise bland meals.

This will also be set some time after the most recent sparring session that everyone did, and thus everyone would at least be familiar to the weapons they are carrying. This is also not limited to just scouts. Infany, cavalry and anyone else can all join, cause you know - we all love our meat.

The small party sets out, and after a few hours searching in the woods for any animals to hunt, they catch quite a few rabbits and even brings down a deer. Jeral - being the trouble child that he is, decides to run into a bear (by accident). After shooting at it uselessly with his pathetic hunting bow, he promptly decides to play dead, hoping the animal will just walk away.

Instead of 'just walking away' the bear decides to drag poor Jeral to its Den. (presume to do bad stuff to him)

Now it is up to the rest of the Band to go and rescue Jeral from his impending doom, by either distracting the animal, sneaking in to the cave mission impossible style, or try a full hardy frontal assault against an 800 pound grizzly. The choice is up to you people!

Will probably get a show of hands of who is willing to join, then I'll start writing a first post up. Any comments or suggestions would also be welcome.

heheheh, seems like we've got the whole band together! - almost.

I was thinking whether to start this now, or wait for the sparring RP to finish as this will preferably be set after that has concluded. Thoughts?

Ok! *rubs hands together gleefully*

Guess I might as well get this started.

Here is a role of the people involved:

-Jeral played by Sherper
-Arkin played by BB
-Arinth played by Arinth
-Phal played by Quibby
-Miri played by Nyanna

The format will be like this.

1. Introduction – Written by myself. Detailing the background, as well as a small part on explaining what everyone will be doing. Scene in the mess tent where everyone will be grumbling about the lack of meat.

2. Going into the woods. This part will involve everyone splitting up or going to pairs, and hunting animals for their meat. You can choose to be with a partner or going alone. Jeral will be going alone due to the next part being…

3. Confrontation with a bear – again this part will be written by myself, and will detail a brief fight scene where Jeral will lose his shits and get dragged back into a bear cave.

4. The team reacts to Jeral getting dragged off - Depending on who is available first after I post part 3, you will be continuing on from what you were doing from part 2, only you begin by hearing a shout in the distance. So let’s say Miri gets to post first, she will hear the shouting go to investigate and see Jeral getting dragged to the cave. Then she will follow the bear to the cave and wait for the others. Then Arkin comes and all the others until we have the rest of the team assembled.

5. After a brief sitrep of the situation, you guys will think up of a plan to rescue Jeral from the bear. This I will leave to your own creative imaginations, but I’d recommend you post ideas and a brief outline before you suggest it in IC format.

6. The rescue – Being exactly that. Jeral will react from the inside whilst everyone else does their perspective from the outside.

7. Going home. With everyone intact (hopefully).

As there are a total of seven parts, ideally we’d be doing one part per week. Which hopefully we’d be done by the end of this year. (Which is precisely when I’d be scadaling off to Europe, and I’ve also heard that BB will be too along with Nyan) So if there are no objections, I’m going to start working on part one to get this RP off the ground.

Any more questions?

Sounds good. :) I finish everything pretty much in my life at the end of this week, so until then, I have rehearsals every night and school/my final two assignments during the day, and then it's all handed in and the Musical is over and I will miraculously become active again!

One week. I'll be there soon. :)