DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Probably Overdue

Abugar

Hello DM.

I've been poking around a few forums for the last week. I suppose it is time I introduce myself.

I enjoy WoT and the only other fantasy series I've read is A Song of Ice and Fire (aka, GoT). I've read a little sci-fi, non-fiction, and Crichton but very little fantasy. I fear I've started with the best and all other fantasy series will pale in comparison.

I started WoT in 2002, read to Path of Daggers and then life got in the way. I only recently picked it back up to re-read and am now nearly done with Lord of Chaos. Each book I re-read honestly feels like I'm reading it for the first time -- there have been more than a couple "WHAT THE @#%*" moments. There are things I've truly forgotten, though there are other little details that have more... flavor now that I'm not so overwhelmed by the whole world of WoT. Instead of reading in awe of it all I can enjoy it and live in the WoT RJ created.

The social groups seem interesting and I'm very happy to have a forum to talk WoT. My wife and I can talk Skyrim all day, but she ins't into WoT, so here I am.

Hello!!!!! Thanks for the intro, now we can get to know you a little better. Since you've been poking around in the social groups, have you found anything of interest to you?

I enjoy the White Tower and Warders. Have you been there yet? Is role playing something you are interested in? Discussion?

The Kin and Aiel look fun. Since you mentioned the White Tower and Warders I checked it out. Wow... the rules and procedures. I'll have to read more about it and digest.

I've never dabbled in role playing, so I'm not sure where I stand on that.

Right now I'm just happy to participate in discussion boards, but honestly I feel out gunned and a bit overwhelmed. Most on DM seem to have finished the series and have read most the books multiple times. Thank you very much for the warm welcome. I'm truly excited to be here and look forward to my second and third full re-reading of WoT.

Welcome to DM! I´m a member of the Aiel and know for sure that it´s a great group. It was the first group that I joined when I first came here. Now days I spend most of my time in the Black Tower. You are welcome to stop by any time you like. Each social group is unique, wich is great because then everyone can find at least one that they like. :)  I hope you will have as much fun as I have had here at DM. 

I am a member of the Kin too and spend most of my time in the White Tower and Warders. If you decide to sign up there, you will take an initiates class that will help you learn all about the group and you can ask questions. You can belong to as many groups as you wish.

Archived