DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Grand Theft Auto V

SinisterDeath

• Community Administrator

So, I bought this yesterday and I got about 4 hours into the game. (going to play more... right after this post!)

Enjoying myself thoroughly at it! The story is pretty good so far, its keeping my attention.

The Gameplay is.. a definite improvement over GTA 4s! Shit just... operates better!

oh, and theres.. Yoga? tennis? Golf?! wth?!

Only frustrating thing at the moment with this game, is the network issues with the GTA social club-tie-in.

Some missions require you to use the 'snapmatic' which for some retarded reason, is tied to your internet connection, and the social club. (instead of uploading pictures when you want to at a later date, it does it 'automatically' so you can't even save the pictures to your 'hard drive' before it goes to the 'cloud'.

And since the game can't access the social-club service (even if you aren't logged into it, nor have an account) it won't let you use the camera until It can access that server. >_<

The other thing...

The Assassination Missions, while easy the bonus money comes from the stock market....

And of course, they decided to tie in the Fake-internet stock market... with the actual internet.. And since that's all on the rockstar social club server.... you can't access one of the needed markets to get that extra cash.. (BAWSAQ). uggh.

After playing for a few days...I think San Andreas was better.

The soundtrack was better, the cars seemed to have more variety, Los Santos was more defined by gang territory whereas now it's a more realistic blob of city block after city block, it covered a more gripping and serious storyline overall, there was more to do on the side in terms of mini games. I dunno I could go on I think.

I really like GTA V don't get me wrong but it feels like a watered down version of San Andreas with better graphics. I mean they didn't even include San Fran and Vegas this time around.

I dunno though maybe that itch that isn't being scratched will be filled by multiplayer or DLC when they come out.

I do really like the multiple-character angle.

When you get sick of Michaels Drama for instance, you go hop into Trevors craziness. And when that's to much, you hop into Martin's gangstaness. :tongue:

I do own San-Andreas (PC) But never finished it. (Shit just kept coming out and got put on the back burner. never played it back when it first released.)

Compared to GTAV, and GTAIV how much better is it, and should I finish it? (I know a lot of people were mad that CJ wasn't in this, eve as a reference)

Well I didn't play GTAIV but from what I understand compared to either SA or V it sucked.

I guess it was a good game in it's own right though since I think it sold well and got game of the year and stuff.

Should you finish it?

Well hmmm. I dunno here's what I would do.

Play GTA V and finish that. If you're satisfied with the ending and not really itching for more than I'd say let SA go.

If it just didn't hit the spot for you play SA and forget all the mini stuff, just focus on completing the main story missions.

In my opinion (I have seen GTA V's ending even though I haven't beat it yet) San Andreas had the more compelling story.

V is more of an action comedy story whereas SA has a more serious tone. It was about CJ coming up from his hood and what drugs do to people and all that.

You know?

Well I didn't play GTAIV but from what I understand compared to either SA or V it sucked.

I guess it was a good game in it's own right though since I think it sold well and got game of the year and stuff.

Should you finish it?

Well hmmm. I dunno here's what I would do.

Play GTA V and finish that. If you're satisfied with the ending and not really itching for more than I'd say let SA go.

If it just didn't hit the spot for you play SA and forget all the mini stuff, just focus on completing the main story missions.

In my opinion (I have seen GTA V's ending even though I haven't beat it yet) San Andreas had the more compelling story.

V is more of an action comedy story whereas SA has a more serious tone. It was about CJ coming up from his hood and what drugs do to people and all that.

You know?

Well, to put it one way, I was never a huge fan of the 'Gangsta' culture, which I do find different from the Mafia Culture. (Gangsta Culture rips off the Mafia stuff)

GTA IV, having been about a X-Military Eastern European guy coming to America, and turning to a life of crime, and getting hooked into Mafia-related stuff. Far less about the inner-city gang-war stuff. (they did exist, and would actually star a man hunt on you in GTA IV if you killed the wrong gang-banger by accident)

GTA V is about the same, still has some Gangsta stuff going on, but no turf wars (I think they mention briefly why that is..) Instead its all been taken over by Mafia's and Cartels. And of course Your Psychotic Trevors'.

Corrupt Politicians, Police, and Military. (And Mercenaries of course!)

The online portion, may actually deal with turf-wars. As you can pit your crew against other peoples crews.

Turf-wars, Gang-Territory mechanics would be a nice thing to return to the GTA series. (DLC?) But I can't see it working for anyone but Trevor or Martin.

• 5 months later...

Hey y'all! Moose is having trouble accessing DM at the moment, but he has a favor to ask:

I'm looking for crew members for the heist that are coming out for the online this summer  gamertag for Xbox 360 is ForcedRavage

If any/all of you could look him up that'd be great. Thanks!!

Archived