DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ascension RP Planning Thread

Quibby

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, I made a few assumptions, but I don't think going back and forth with simple ask and answer posts is very fun. I left the village name blank cause I'm not sure if you had a specific place you wanted to go.

Tell me if anything needs changed and I'll make the necessary adjustments.

I was thinking that where we are was a nice little opening for a potential Eb perspective - of events and how they were unfolding... 

But... do stuff? *blinks*

What sort of stuff?

I thought the main idea was to wait for Mehrin to be discovered/captured/questioned at least once and then bust on in and break him out?

Quib?

Maybe I'll just sneak on in and suss things out for now  :wink:  Will get on to it this afternoon/tonight...

Whatever Quibby comes up with, I can't wait to see it :D

There will most likely soon be a scene where EB and Mehrin are fighting their way through the Children camp, then stealing horses to run off into the distance.

Yes, yes I am.  There's really nothing else for him to do in the RP anymore.

Also, I have an idea about how to get Mehrin all caught and everything.  There was a Whitecloak who defected to the Band near the beginning of Mehrin's tenure as its commander.  The character's name was Rowul Stromblade.  After the writer was banned, he kind of fell into a plot hole until I dragged him out for my reintroduction RP a couple years ago.  Mehrin could make mention of him and bring the tough questions down on his head.  Mehrin has alternate identities, but he doesn't practice them often.

Oh, I remember Rowul.....

That could work?

ETA - you just made Eb want to run screaming, with Mehrin bringing up how horrible the Children are in a circle (and camp) full of CoL - eeek!

Edited by _Eb_

Posted Ackley's perspective. So Quiba... how exactly is it you intend Mehrin to be discovered?

Also EB, when you inevitably come in to rescue Mehrin, is it possible you cut the ropes tying the horses to the picket line? This way you and Mehrin can make a feasible escape, and the entire company would be down to around 30 horses.

I have a feeling Ackley would somewhere down the line be convinced Mehrin isn't a darkfriend, and when that happens, i think it would be best for the Children to be the weakest factor in play out of the three factions.

Ackley would ride ahead to try and catch you two with his remaining mounted thirty, whilst the rest with O'Reily would try and catch up on foot.

EB won't have problems killing a few Whitecloaks, would she?

Also EB, when you inevitably come in to rescue Mehrin, is it possible you cut the ropes tying the horses to the picket line? This way you and Mehrin can make a feasible escape, and the entire company would be down to around 30 horses.

EB won't have problems killing a few Whitecloaks, would she?

*slow, tricksy smile* Not. at. all  :wink:

And definitely can do for the ropes :)

So Quiba... how exactly is it you intend Mehrin to be discovered?

My understanding of it is that Tavrin - er, Mehrin's - mention of 'Rowul Stromblade' makes Ackley suspicious. The character Rowul used to be in the CoL, until he defected to the BotRH. So, if we assume Ackely knows this, the fact that Tavrin/Mehrin mention his name would bring up questions: Who is Tavrin to know of Rowul Stromblade? Does Tavrin also have a connection to the BotRH (and thus, Mehrin Deathwatch, the man they seek)? Is this 'Tavrin' not veeerrrry similar in appearance to the description they have of Mehrin? Is there someone in the company who can identify him as such? *Mehrin gets overwhelmed and apprehended, chaos ensues* Quibs?

Posted Ackley's perspective. I hope what I wrote is making Mehrin increasingly uncomfortable.

EB can jump in whenever she feels like it - and oh, for references sake, and just to make it blatantly obvious: The motif of "And the horses whined softly in the background" is EB slashing the horse lines.

Have fun.

Edited by Sherper

• 2 weeks later...

Read it EB. Sorry if my replies have been slow. I just started Uni, and well... that takes a toll on my time. I'll probably have Mehrin arrested, and then not quite securely locked up. Probably have a huge argument between Ackley and the Questioner while we're at it.

This will probably also give you the chance to think up of an escape plan, (which by the way, should totally involve you cutting the picket line), and break Mehrin out.