DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Corki

On the "signature too large" topic, I'd like to offer a suggestion.

Let's say we want to limit a signature to 200 pixels high. In order to help moderators, we can place an image behind the signature that will show up if the height exceeds 200 pixels. It'd be fairly simple to implement:

1. Create a 230px by roughly 400px image with the top 200x400 pixels transparent and the bottom strip containing a warning message.

2. A simple forum modification places signatures in their own <div class="signature">.

3. Place the image in the background of the <div> with CSS, having it repeat horizontally.

It's really not a difficult or time-consuming modification, but it's worked wonders at another forum I frequent.

Not that it's necessary, but I think it could be useful.

EDIT:

Yes, I realize my sig image is over 100px high. It'll be chaging soon.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Arie Ronshor

*doesn't know if this has been suggested* but can we set up a board for 'spam' to a) test siggie sizes, and also b) allow people to find other people to make siggies? because i'd like to offer my services as a siggie designer and i don't know where to post on here... ^^"

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

It is only about three times too big, Mistress al'Debaw :wink:

If you right click on your Avatar, under properties, you will find the dimensions... the maximum allowed is 80x80.

If you have trouble changing the size, ask for help on the Illuminators Org board.

Whilst you are finishing reading the series you could always have a look at some of the other boards here. There is very little in the way of spoilers on Fiddlesticks, the Debates and Discussion board and most of the Org boards.

Archived