DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Are There Any Tinkers Around?

Quibby

A member of the Band is interested in meeting with a caravan of Tinkers during the Band's march back to the Citadel.  The Band is currently in Tarabon marching northeast to the Two Rivers region with Seanchan forces in pursuit.  Thoughts?

We have no pc tinkers but we can whip up a couple ttpcs or the nsw seeker and ill jump in.

Or if myst is ok with it/prefers and the person doesn't need interaction they can write about it without having us there.

What are the plans for the meeting. If its rather uneventful it shouldn't be a problem.

Waits on myst.

Is this part of the DoTNM kidnapping?

I don't see a problem meeting up with a group of Tinkers. As Kath said we can write up a TTPC or an NSW seeker for this. But yes, I'm curious about the gameplan with the Tinkers myself to get a better understanding of what exactly they would need.

I think it's mostly supposed to be a meet-and-greet thing.  It sounds like he wants to have a character crisis, where he considers the Way of the Leaf.  I'll prod him to this thread so we can get a better idea.

Hey everyone,

This can be as big or as small as is convenient for everyone. The basic idea was that some of the banders meet up with some tinkers. It can be as broad as being open and having a handful of banders interact with the tinkers or it could be as small as just having my own character interact with the tinkers. The tinkers with their Way of the Leaf present a unique opportunity for soldiers to reflect on their lifestyles and be confronted with questions or viewpoints they had never considered. It presents an opportunity for a much different RP than the normal drinking, fighting, training RP in the band (Not that I am complaining).  I know Bard Babe had also expressed interest in this previously and I think J.A. Powell did too with his new cavalry member.

I'd be happy to create a TTPC and I think Barb Babe said she would  as well. Id also be happy for any existings Tinkers or anyone else that wants to create a TTPC to join in.

Edited by Arinth

Hi Arinth, glad to have you with us!

This idea of yours presents us with a great opportunity to get the Tinkers Guild up and running at last. Barb Babe is already under assignment of creating some NSW's for the freelanders as part of her Bio Checker position, but I was under the impression that she has issues getting online or is too busy at school to be active right now? Has that changed? This would fall perfecty within her assignment and she could create a bio for the Seeker NSW that we could use in this RP then.

If it's possible, please ask her to come join us in this conversation.

Ok, I'll leave the creation of an NSW Tinker Seeker to you then Barb, as part of what we discussed. Might as well link training to practicality :smile:

I left instructions for you at the staff board on this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Thread has been started.

http://www.dragonmou...s-tinkers-open/

The basic plan: (credit to Barb Babe :-) )

Stage one

The Band is marching back from Tanchico and along the way they run into a camp of Tinkers. They spend the evening talking and sharing stories with the Tinkers and making friends.

Stage two

Some roaming bandits in the area have heard that the tinkers have made camp and come to attack them. They are caught by surprise by the presence of the BoTRH and a fight ensues.

Stage three

The tinkers show their horror for battle but help the wounded soldiers. The soldiers and tinkers get a chance to reflect on the the life of a soldier or the Way of the Leaf. Some come to conclussions that will change the course of their lives.

Everyone is welcome to join in.

I'll throw a post up tomorrow night, but I feel like we need more tinkers for this to work properly.

Might make a Tinker of my own anyway just cause it'd be fun...

But other than that could Kat or Myst or someone jump in?

Edited by The Bard Babe

Sorry guys, I've been really busy the last weeks with work finishing up for the holiday and preparing to receive a visitor for two weeks. She arrives today so I won't be around much still for the next two weeks.

Arinth, feel free to create a TPC for this RP.