DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

*peeks back in*

Eqwina

Hey everyone!! I have been horribly absent for awhile, but I am ready to jump back in :} I have missed DM and all of my DM friends.

Before I can start RPing again though I need some advice. I have been writing Eqwina for over 10 years. She was the first Role Play character I ever wrote and I am VERY attached to her, but I am starting to feel like maybe her story is done? So much of her history would not even be allowed today on DM, and without all of her old friends I hardly know what to do with her.

So, the way i see it I have a few options.

1.I can keep her around and start a new character destined for the Yellow Ajah

2. I can kill her off in a grand fashion and still write a new character

3. I can try and reboot her? I do not even know if it is possible, but I thought about what it would be like to keep her very basic back story,essentially what was written in her original bio (only I would rewrite it FAR better) and raise her again. That idea is very appealing to me if I could make it work.

i would love everyone's input and suggestions.

PS. I am VERY glad to be back!!

Yay! Welcome back!!

Sorry this took so long to reply to. I wanted to do it from my computer not my phone, but then I didn't get to the computer for a long time.

I would definitly aim away from killing her, but that's just me. If you could make another character there is no reason to kill Eqwina, just let her go dormant, then you can pull her out if things do circle back. The only time I personally would concider killing a character is if I was wanting to make a new one and already had the full 3.

As for the revamp idea it would have to go through staff and the reasoning/changing would have to be pretty indepth how it would work. Especially if the changes would effect the history of other characters - bonds, events they did together etc - not impossible, but you'd have to be prepaired to actually defend your reasoning and take the time to let people discuss it. It would be setting a precident that isn't totally locked in stone as not allowable, but I'm not big on making exceptions for one person that I wouldn't be willing to give everyone, and I'm not a huge fan of allowing people to just reverse decisions that should be perminiate, which affect other people and have been a long set reality. 

Personally I think either stick with Eq as she is, or change her up slightly to start anew on her own keeping her past actively her past. She was the BA head and getting dumped from that could be good reason to give her a major overhaul of its own right? 

I'd say, if it were my character, I would make a new character and either give Eq a break for a bit, or try to rework her future while not changing her past.

But I'm willing to work with you on any of the options and see what we can do to keep you back here!

Yeah, I think you may be right. Eqwina has such a long history it would be too much work. I would like to give her a bit of a makeover though. Using the demotion from BA Head is a good starting point. I will play around with some ideas and figure out where I want her to go from here.

I also have my Green AS, but it may be fun to have a novice again. It has just been so long since I have written a new character that I do not even know where to begin. Lol! I am intimidated by the idea. I just have not written anything that was not work related in so long I feel pretty rusty.

Ooh and I forgot to mention we have an open rp going on now in the tower. You are more than welcome to jump in with either kabria or eqwina. Right now my green and quibbys green are meeting in the library.

The rp is just not going my way. Have a read through the rp and the planning thread and jump in if you want. We don't really have a plot.

• 4 weeks later...

We're not killing things yet, but if you wanna work in some killing things we can toss that in somehow I'm sure...we have two novices getting in trouble for being brats in the Green Ajah, and I still haven't posted since I posted here, so you could join us in the library and kill some plants or books or something <.<