DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I'm free!

Toph Beifong

fgt4.jpg

By the way, have any of you a good green fried tomatoes recipe? I've never tried them and I would like to.

this is copied straight from taste of home .com, but I never made anything from there that wasnt good.

they have a few other recipes for it, some using crushed cornflakes, cornmeal, etc., that sound good as well. I'd be more likely to pan fry these than deep fry them, too... such a mess and waste deep frying.

but check out the site, it's full of... plaing, good food, that most people like.

um... I don't like fried green tomatoes tho, so I usually make mock mincemeat to can or pickles with what's left on the vines after frost.

... anyway.

Fried Green Tomatoes

Ingredients

3/4 cup all-purpose flour

3 eggs, lightly beaten

2 cups panko (Japanese) bread crumbs

5 medium green tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices

Oil for deep-fat frying

Salt

Directions

In three separate shallow bowls, place the flour, eggs and bread crumbs. Dip tomatoes in flour, then in eggs; coat with bread crumbs.

In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry tomatoes, a few at a time, for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with salt. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.

Originally published as Fried Green Tomatoes in Taste of Home August/September 2007

fgt4.jpg

By the way, have any of you a good green fried tomatoes recipe? I've never tried them and I would like to.

this is copied straight from taste of home .com, but I never made anything from there that wasnt good.

they have a few other recipes for it, some using crushed cornflakes, cornmeal, etc., that sound good as well. I'd be more likely to pan fry these than deep fry them, too... such a mess and waste deep frying.

but check out the site, it's full of... plaing, good food, that most people like.

um... I don't like fried green tomatoes tho, so I usually make mock mincemeat to can or pickles with what's left on the vines after frost.

... anyway.

Fried Green Tomatoes

Ingredients

3/4 cup all-purpose flour

3 eggs, lightly beaten

2 cups panko (Japanese) bread crumbs

5 medium green tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices

Oil for deep-fat frying

Salt

Directions

In three separate shallow bowls, place the flour, eggs and bread crumbs. Dip tomatoes in flour, then in eggs; coat with bread crumbs.

In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry tomatoes, a few at a time, for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with salt. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.

Originally published as Fried Green Tomatoes in Taste of Home August/September 2007

Oh my... I'm totally going to write this down. I love panko, by the way.

Archived