DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How to conquer Facebook - input wanted

Kathleen

It has come to my attention that there is interest in having a Facebook page for the White Tower RP members on Facebook. This would be used to keep in touch should DM go down, as it often does lately, and we could post news of new members or any Ajah news you wish to share. This would not take the place of the OOC boards, rather it would serve as a reminder for people to check them. 

I would be more than willing to have such a group on Facebook, and so now I would like to have your thoughts on it as I would like it be something that all WT Staff are comfortable using to advertise news and draw their members back home to their Ajah boards. 

These are the options:

1) There is currently a DM RP group, the majority of which's members are from the WT. This page has been inactive since the summer and is open to all members of DM RP in any group. I would willing to ask Elgee (I believe she started the group) if we could revive it and use it this way as I believe this was the intent for it, but for all RP groups. If we go with this option I could ask for additional admin powers in it to add new members.

2) The other idea would be for us to start our own DM WT RP page for only WT Members and WT info, like the FL has for their characters.

So, what are your thoughts on such a page in the first place, and which option should we go with? 

Heya! I wouldn't mind a fb group because as you said it could come in handy with DM glitches. However, although I'm active on Facebook I don't necessarily need the reminder aspect of it, I do thorough DM rounds quite often anyway :P

Hmm I think a WT-only group would make things easier to keep track of?

But yeah, if there are enough DM RP members active on fb to make this worth happening, I'm in :)

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't even aware there was a DM group? hmm... learn something new every day! 

I think it would be a good idea, though probably not for the update aspect, either. It might be a fresh way to interact with people, though. :) 

• 3 weeks later...

I just made a new WT Group, if you would like to be added let me, or Rashi, know your Facebook name to be added.

I decided not to approach Elgee about taking over the all RP groups one, as most members don't use it anyway, Elgee has been busy and I didn't want to bug her, and I wasn't sure I could take it over in the first place.

Not only that, but the Freelander's have their own page so I figured the WT should too *nods*. If we get our group active enough there to warrant it we can always make a joint page for all the DM Groups to mingle and plan Interdivision things, but I think one page would soon get jumbled with info coming in from all groups. 

I'm hoping to announce each new member and link to the bios and we can post calls for rp partners there with links threads on the Great Hall for planning. I want to try to utilize this, so if you join the group, as a WT Staff, feel free to link back to our boards about whatever you think needs attention. That way people who don't think to sign onto DM, but who sign onto FB will see it and we can draw them back in.

It was suggested that we let the Warders in too, as the WT works closely with them. If you all think they would be a good choice to join in I will bring it up to the Warder Div leader when one is announced. But as I said earlier, I would like to establish this on a smaller scale, WT only level before we expand to add in other groups. 

• 3 weeks later...