DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Got my copy, and then disaster.

Isgrimner

So I got my copy delivered at work today from Amazon while I was in training for new software we are rolling out.  Of course the training ran long when all I wanted to do was get home and get to reading.  Eventually that happened and I got home ate and was rolling right along when all of sudden the book jumped 60 pages or so.  The iniside map page that is glued to the cover  also had a minor tear inside, from what looked like to much glue building up in one spot.  Luckily I live within a few miles of a mall and it was open for another 30 minutes, so off I ran to get another copy.  They had two left so actually disaster basically averted, though  I'll be requesting a return through Amazon for the defective book.  Hopefully not too many others have a badly manufactured printing.

Not a major issue, but someone is going to get a copy of a book with an incomplete map attached to their inside cover because mine evidently didn't make it through the cutting machine process correctly and had the top corner of the map from the next book in the production line torn off and attached to my cover

*edited to say it's not a major issue for me. A straight razor solved that one really easily. Will be a major problem for someone else, though. :-(

I've also noticed the copy I bought from the bookstore has a slight defection also on the "anchoring" color map on the front cover.  It is small, and minor to me, but a collecter would be displeased as it would not qualify as "mint".   Luckily so far no missing pages.  I am through the long chapter without missing pages in this copy at least.

i reserved a copy at Barnes and Nobles.  When I picked it up I noticed about 10 pages had a bite sized chunk missing.  Not sure if that was a printer problem or some random guy dropped the book and just tore it up.  

bottom line - B and N didnt want to give any discount and just said oh well bad luck, you can return it for a refund, but we have no more copies...

Thats why I refuse to buy a nook.  

btw - I'm in Hawaii and we have no major bookstores beside 2 B&N stores here.  So basically sucks to be me right now.  

basically i missed a big chunk of what ...oh yeah no spoilers here. haha.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Books-A-Million at the local mall, the only bookstore we have left in this area since Borders closed up all that time ago. Let's just say, and I live in Maryland, but the same issues as mike hunt's here, to start. They had four books, and claimed that was it, but two of which were heavily stickered with advertising for their store which was already advertised on signs everywhere (20% off for members, 10% for everybody else) throughout the store. One of the others, the pages were ripped and damaged in several places as well as the dust jacket. The last one, which I bought because it was all they had supposedly, had the same issues Sinister Death had, plus some, but not noticeable until actually reading. Brownish blotches throughout the book on pages, as well as what looked like chocolate covered kiddy fingerprints on some the pages and a few ripped pages like someone didn't know how to turn a page in a book.. After the girl at the store basically looked at me like I'd lost my mind when I asked then if they had any other copies in better condition, I'm just returning it and never buying from them again.. This is why I miss mom and pop book stores, dislike chain stores and despise electronic format taking over.. It's like quality in the product isn't worth it anymore, just sell it anyway.. I'm with Cads on this one.. Phaw! :/

Archived